Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Americans who can't pronounce Worcester.

i dont get why americans try and say it as 2 seperate words wor cester, say it fast almost as 1 syllable, i can remember watching a youtube video of people taking the piss and then teaching americans how to say english town names and the people doing the teaching were just as bad :bang:

One of the suburbs of Philadelphia is Worcester Township, which is pronounced Wore Sester.

Of the other Worcesters in the US, the one in Massachusetts definitely pronounces it properly (allowing for the peculiarities of the local accent and what happens to terminal R's... Wusstah or Wusstuh is probably about the closest rendering), and Wikipedia indicates that the county in Maryland (on the Eastern Shore, so I'd suspect that the local dialect is rather a bit like the old country's) is also spelled properly. Meanwhile the others (Vermont, upstate New York, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan) are all culturally part of Greater Massachusetts (being originally settled by New Englanders moving west, you see this legacy even today in things like the structure of local government): those Worcesters are very likely named for the one in Massachusetts.

The few times I've been in an online "pronounce English locales" contests, I've generally done well... the only gotchas were Loughborough and Shrewsbury*, as I recall. Having the likes of Billerica, Haverhill, Gloucester, Worcester, Leicester, Leominster, Peabody, etc.

*: pronounced in Eastern New England as either Shroosbree or Shoosbree. I don't know how the hell you get Shroesbree out of that, but there you go.

Having to go somewhere awful to eat because its somebody's birthday.

The awful place in question was a Toby Carvery.

Wafer thin slices of meat

Gravy that tastes life coffee

Rickety little 2 person tables all pushed up together

Blunt cutlery

Not to mention that I HATE roast.

Wusster, is how i say it, or of course its actual name of 'the town of ear hair, monobrows and webbed hands and feet'.

Sorry, but you're actually talking about Malvern there, not The Faithful City..

:thumb: Malvern is inbred central. Whilst there are weirdos in Worcester, Malvern is a whole new ball game.

Wusster, is how i say it, or of course its actual name of 'the town of ear hair, monobrows and webbed hands and feet'.

Sorry, but you're actually talking about Malvern there, not The Faithful City..

:angry:

Actually, you're probably correct for some parts of Malvern, an unfortunate spillover from Gloucestershire, no doubt. :P

Worcesters are very likely named for the one in Massachusetts.

The few times I've been in an online "pronounce English locales" contests, I've generally done well... the only gotchas were Loughborough and Shrewsbury*, as I recall. Having the likes of Billerica, Haverhill, Gloucester, Worcester, Leicester, Leominster, Peabody, etc.

*: pronounced in Eastern New England as either Shroosbree or Shoosbree. I don't know how the hell you get Shroesbree out of that, but there you go.

Us Brits can't even decide how it's pronounced so it would have been a bit harsh to penalise you for that one.

As Donovan once nearly said: "First there is an avatar, then there is no avatar, then there is".

Terry Donovan said that? Blimey a decent, honest CF but never had him down as a real thinker

The Inbetweeners Movie.

Haven't seen it, but I know it'll be shit. I know it'll just be Kevin and Perry Go Large v2. I know it'll then last for about of month on Facebook with clearings in the woods constantly quoting it's banal one-liners. I know all this, but I can't escape it.

The inevitability of an oncoming wave of tedium. Depressing.

**** FOREIGN CALL CENTRES!!!!!!!!! I DONT GIVE A **** HOW GOOD YOUR ENGLISH IS IF YOU CANT **** UNDERSTAND ME!!!

Thank you for providing me with your Full Name, Date of Birth, Mother's Maiden Name, Postal and Residential Address, Secret Password, Account Number and Wife's First Pet's Name. Now, how can I help you sir?

---

I'm sorry, our system is currently down at the moment. Please try later. Have a great day.

Actually this might be off topic. It's something that pisses me off and so it bloody well should.

im sure i have mentioned it in here a few times but the Poznan is so **** annoying, not the celebration but the fact its done by many other Polish and eastern teams not just **** Lech Poznan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â