Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Nothing pisses me off than thick learner drivers that trundle along at 40mph EVERYWHERE.

Nothing pissed me off more as a learner than drivers tailgating you and overtaking when you're doing 30 in a 30.

Or the complete lack of signals from a good 50% of drivers at roundabouts or when changing lane.

Americans who can't pronounce Worcester.

(prompted by a rebroadcast of the Churchill Cup on Universal Sports (which has only just been added to DirecTV's lineup, thus why I'm watching a rugby game from nearly two months ago) from "Wore-Stur, England")

Yes, I'm aware that there is at least one locality in this great big country whose name is spelled Worcester but pronounced "Wore-Sester"; had the commentator pronounced it like that, I could understand... he might say "wooder", too. At a push I might even forgive Worchester, since many of my foreign countrymen can't help but turn -cester's into -chesters (forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do). But Wore-Stur is just total failure, because it means that the commentator knew that it wasn't Wore-Sester or Wore-Chester or Were-Chester and thus could have asked how to pronounce it instead of just making shit up.

:rant:

(prompted by a rebroadcast of the Churchill Cup on Universal Sports (which has only just been added to DirecTV's lineup, thus why I'm watching a rugby game from nearly two months ago) from "Wore-Stur, England")

Yes, I'm aware that there is at least one locality in this great big country whose name is spelled Worcester but pronounced "Wore-Sester"; had the commentator pronounced it like that, I could understand... he might say "wooder", too. At a push I might even forgive Worchester, since many of my foreign countrymen can't help but turn -cester's into -chesters (forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do). But Wore-Stur is just total failure, because it means that the commentator knew that it wasn't Wore-Sester or Wore-Chester or Were-Chester and thus could have asked how to pronounce it instead of just making shit up.

:rant:

I'd like to see a random selection of Brits give their opinion on how to pronounce the following:

Des Moines

Potomac

Missouri

Susquehanna

Arkansas

Delacroix (tip: don't trust Bob Dylan)

People who exaggerate the loudness of their sneeze.

Just sneeze normal like everyone else! :x

Indeed. Or just do a quieter sneeze. OK, so apparently it's not good to overly stifle a sneeze, but you don't have to go OTT like a plane's taking off, or you're having a fit.

It inconsiderate.

I do half stifled sneezes so as not to scare everyone within a 10 metre radius. And I get bad hayfever.

Resurrecting an old but relevant thread to put something (that you think is) meaningful into it, only for it's reappearance on the 1st page to trigger loads of moronic posts that quickly bury your own one.

People who exaggerate the loudness of their sneeze.

Just sneeze normal like everyone else! :x

Indeed. Or just do a quieter sneeze. OK, so apparently it's not good to overly stifle a sneeze, but you don't have to go OTT like a plane's taking off, or you're having a fit.

It inconsiderate.

I do half stifled sneezes so as not to scare everyone within a 10 metre radius. And I get bad hayfever.

Bloke in my office has what I reckon is the loudest sneeze in the world. It seriously hurts your ears. I'd love to get a decibel reading for it. Crazy.

Resurrecting an old but relevant thread to put something (that you think is) meaningful into it, only for it's reappearance on the 1st page to trigger loads of moronic posts that quickly bury your own one.
Trying to work out which one it was now...

i dont get why americans try and say it as 2 seperate words wor cester, say it fast almost as 1 syllable, i can remember watching a youtube video of people taking the piss and then teaching americans how to say english town names and the people doing the teaching were just as bad :bang:

at least adam on man vs food can say it

Trying to work out which one it was now...

pray tell Bri. OT, or Villa section?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â