Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Yes, it has.

Unless his avatar was a small red cross in a white box in which case it's still there.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Use that for an avatar and it'll always be there. Even when it isn't.

The children outside my window have discovered whistling. Earlier they discovered screaming as loudly and for as long as they could. I think I might go out and shoot them with my finger from the balcony a la Gran Torino

The children outside my window have discovered whistling. Earlier they discovered screaming as loudly and for as long as they could. I think I might go out and shoot them with my finger from the balcony a la Gran Torino
Don't stop there. Show them the Garand.

Yes, it has.

Unless his avatar was a small red cross in a white box in which case it's still there.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Use that for an avatar and it'll always be there. Even when it isn't.

It's back! It's a miracle!

Why do kids feel the need to do that? It's Summer, time to scream. :bang:

When my old neighbour died last year, some young family moved in with their noisy kids, a boy who can't kick a ball straight despite his dad being a 'football coach' and their daughter who looks like Emo Philips.

Gone are the days when we could sit in the garden and enjoy the sun (while it is there), might hear church bells in the distance or even the sheep in the fields down the road... nice.

And now it's all "AHHHHHHHHH!" "OWWWWWWW" "WAAAAAAHHH!!" "Stupid kid *slap*" "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" FOR HOURS ON END!

:x

Why do kids feel the need to do that? It's Summer, time to scream. :bang:

When my old neighbour died last year, some young family moved in with their noisy kids, a boy who can't kick a ball straight despite his dad being a 'football coach' and their daughter who looks like Emo Philips.

Gone are the days when we could sit in the garden and enjoy the sun (while it is there), might hear church bells in the distance or even the sheep in the fields down the road... nice.

And now it's all "AHHHHHHHHH!" "OWWWWWWW" "WAAAAAAHHH!!" "Stupid kid *slap*" "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" FOR HOURS ON END!

:x

My neighbours are particularily awful. I've seen groups of 10+ children chase tourists down the street. They'll scream into your face as you walk past. They hit old people out for a walk across the head. They abuse the petrol station attendants through the glass. These are children under 12 and they're just horrible.

But then again, it's their childhood so they can do what they like.

When I put a ridiculously high bid on an item on eBay I've wanted since I was about 14, and within one evening some word removed whose as determined as me drives the price right up to just under my stupid bid. And there is no **** way I'm not winning this, so I have to whack an even stupider amount on it just to make sure. :x

Back to rice this month, then.

When I put a ridiculously high bid on an item on eBay I've wanted since I was about 14, and within one evening some word removed whose as determined as me drives the price right up to just under my stupid bid. And there is no **** way I'm not winning this, so I have to whack an even stupider amount on it just to make sure.

Back to rice this month, then.

What you bidding on?

Why do people have driving lesson during rush hour?
Abso-****-lutely this. Unbelievable. Was held up this morning behind a line of cars going through a village because there was a learner; and when I say I learner, this must've been lesson one cuz this was a cabbage; pootling through the village ahead of us at 10mph. Then we got to a roundabout where we are the lower priority to a major road. I got out the crossword (figuratively ;)) and sat back. Sorry but agricultural vehicles and learners shouldn't be on the road during rush hour (8-10 & 5-6.30). At some point 'the country' (i.e. most of us) have to be allowed to get on with our business normally.

They have to learn how to deal with heavy traffic at some point though.

I'm not against learners during rush hour, else when they pass they'll just panic when put in the situation, but it has to be at an appropriate time during their lessons.

Sure some will go to pieces and suck majorly, but rather that happen in a dual control car under supervision than on their own after passing their test.

Sorry BOF but i disagree with you on this one.

Obviously not the best time for a learner to be on the road but everyone has to learn sometime, you arent really learning by driving around empty roads during the day, maybe the instructor could have been a bit more clever about directions but the point still stands for me.

So many people seem to forget that they had to learn to drive a car at some point, a lot of unfair abuse gets directed at learners imo.

I suppose in this instance your gripe is with the instructor more than anything which i can understand.

Learners have to learn how to deal with heavy traffic at some point. Fine. May I suggest they do it after they've mastered the basic controls of the car in, say, an empty car park or an industrial estate? Seriously, there are degrees of learner. You don't go out onto a public road as your first introduction into driving a car. If you are competent at controlling a car and you are able to drive at a speed that is in some way representative of normal road speeds then fine. This was nothing like that. As I said, it was a total cabbage that should've been in an empty car park learning what the clutch does.

Learners have to learn how to deal with heavy traffic at some point. Fine. May I suggest they do it after they've mastered the basic controls of the car in, say, an empty car park or an industrial estate? Seriously, there are degrees of learner. You don't go out onto a public road as your first introduction into driving a car. If you are competent at controlling a car and you are able to drive at a speed that is in some way representative of normal road speeds then fine. This was nothing like that. As I said, it was a total cabbage that should've been in an empty car park learning what the clutch does.

:thumb:

I went in my field. (A car park/industrial estate will do for you city/town types.) i learnt how to move a car without using the gas, in a field. I did this as soon as i had a provisional license. Hell I'm not the greatest driver in the world, but when I was learning I knew what i was doing. Nothing pisses me off than thick learner drivers that trundle along at 40mph EVERYWHERE.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â