Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Yeah, Facebook pretty much encapsulates everything I hate about my generation. People living their lives in public so everyone can see how good it is, tagging yourself on every night out so people know how cool you are etc

Ffs, if you have enough time to 'check in' in the middle of a night out, it's obviously not that good is it.

Yeah, Facebook pretty much encapsulates everything I hate about my generation. People living their lives in public so everyone can see how good it is, tagging yourself on every night out so people know how cool you are etc

Ffs, if you have enough time to 'check in' in the middle of a night out, it's obviously not that good is it.

Not sure what to think. On one hand my emotional, instinctive side hates the ostentatious (fake?) yet whiny culture of Facebook - but on the other hand I find myself checking in all the time to check my friends' statuses!

There's this one lad on my FB who has actually got past the point of annoyance, so much so that I haven't deleted him. He's a journalist at the Guardian and name drops absolutely anything he can, as if people actually care. 'Oooh, any one know if Attenborough has an agent?' etc.

**** off.

Yeh soppy stuff on FB is annoying. I hate those couple who take loads of pictures of themselves in intimate encounters (not THAT intimate you perve)

Like lying on the bed nose to nose or a picture of them kissing.

Literally no-one in the world wants to see that apart from you.

Something else that pisses me off: Translators on the TV. Can't they just translate it, and then give it to someone who can actually speak to read it out?

Something else that pisses me off: Translators on the TV. Can't they just translate it, and then give it to someone who can actually speak to read it out?
The one that annoys me is when they put English subtitles on for someone who is speaking perfectly good English but has even the slightest foreign accent. Utterly unneccessary and patronising to boot.

The one that annoys me is when they put English subtitles on for someone who is speaking perfectly good English but has even the slightest foreign accent. Utterly unneccessary and patronising to boot.

Agreed.

What i found hilarious was I was watching Geordie Shore (I know I know, that's anothher story)

and when they were "speaking geordie", they put subtitles up, but didn't translate anything.

So the subtitles just said stuff like "Haway, we'll go up toon for some scran and tash on with some lasses pet"

What's the point?

I believe in America it is quite common to see subtitles on the screen when an english person is speaking English.

I'm sure I saw them on an episode of Supernanny US, do the Americans struggle with English people speaking English?

I believe in America it is quite common to see subtitles on the screen when an english person is speaking English.

I'm sure I saw them on an episode of Supernanny US, do the Americans struggle with English people speaking English?

I watched "Made in Dagenham" last night, and as is my wont, went to read the imdb bulletin boards (mainly populated by dumbass Americans) afterwards.

Apart from the inevitable "This movie is communist propaganda" posts, there were lots complaining about the lack of subtitles, as they couldn't understand the Essex accents.

tbh I prefer subtitles and listening to the person's voice, rather than a bloody translator. I remember studying languages at school; you almost NEVER get to hear anyone speaking a foreign language on TV, yet you go abroad and it's just normal.

That Lynx ad 'The cleaner you are the dirtier you get' or something to that effect.

The advert itself doesn't piss me off, just the tagline. Simply because I can see some smug motherfucking marketing dick sitting in an office thinking to himself 'Oh I am a clever little man with my clever little play on words, oh how some wonderfully **** clever I am.'

**** you marketing man.

That Lynx ad 'The cleaner you are the dirtier you get' or something to that effect.

The advert itself doesn't piss me off, just the tagline. Simply because I can see some smug motherfucking marketing dick sitting in an office thinking to himself 'Oh I am a clever little man with my clever little play on words, oh how some wonderfully **** clever I am.'

**** you marketing man.

It's interesting that they basically stole that from Axe's main competitor in the US, the unlamented Tag.

Not from a relevant Tag campaign

To be fair, when it comes to selling fragrance products to the 16-25 set, there isn't exactly a wide range of proven techniques.

EDIT: I always thought Old Spice's occasional tag-line of "If your grandpa didn't use it, you wouldn't be here" was as great variation on the theme.

Yep, they just don't get our slang or dialect at all, whereas I can understand them fine. I suppose we are exposed to theirs all through our lives through TV and films etc.

A few Americans have said when us English are talking to each other that they don't know what we're saying.

Pre-warning, when you're here you will start picking up bits of American. Words like 'trash' and 'vacation' come pretty naturally to me now and also the text books teach American spelling, so 'color' and 'organize' it is!

the complete tool in the N'Zogbia thread, seriously, can't he banned or shut up or something? Add to this the amount of people that feel the need to respond to his obvious attempts at 'baiting' grrrr

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â