Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I fell asleep during a 3 hour (three bastard hours!) speech by my departmental director. I swear, every fifth word was synergy.

I've been summoned to a meeting with my line manager first thing tomorrow. Bollocks.

Despite getting promoted 6 weeks ago, I've been given a week's notice, then I'm out of a job. **** my life.

I fell asleep during a 3 hour (three bastard hours!) speech by my departmental director. I swear, every fifth word was synergy.

I've been summoned to a meeting with my line manager first thing tomorrow. Bollocks.

Despite getting promoted 6 weeks ago, I've been given a week's notice, then I'm out of a job. **** my life.

Did they not buy the medication making you drowsy story?

The **** Davkaus, that's more than a bit OTT on the part of your company. :shock:

Check your contract, see if "falling asleep" constitutes Gross Misconduct. If not, then they should just be giving you a written warning and place you on a performance development review and you can take them to an industrial tribunal.

I went for the "I'd rather have spent 3 hours doing my job than wasting my time listening to corporate bullshit" approach. In retrospect, that may have been a mistake.

Schoolboy error.

Once you've been called in for falling asleep the only way out of it is bullshit.

Make yourself out like a hero, you were struggling against illness, barely able to get out of bed in the morning, but instead of calling in sick you necked down some medicine so you could come in and do your job.

The **** Davkaus, that's more than a bit OTT on the part of your company. :shock:

Check your contract, see if "falling asleep" constitutes Gross Misconduct. If not, then they should just be giving you a written warning and place you on a performance development review and you can take them to an industrial tribunal.

I don't think I have a leg to stand on. I've worked for them for nearly 2 years, but as a contractor. I was employed directly by the company when I was promoted roughly 6 weeks ago, so was still inside a 3 month probation period. the contract says they can get rid of me whenever they like, I assume they have highly paid lawyers who've ensured that this is correct.

Schoolboy error.

Once you've been called in for falling asleep the only way out of it is bullshit.

Make yourself out like a hero, you were struggling against illness, barely able to get out of bed in the morning, but instead of calling in sick you necked down some medicine so you could come in and do your job.

Probably. My boss pretty much has the same attitude as me when it comes to this type of conference, so I'd usually have been fine. Unfortunately I got myself in the bad books of someone about 5 pay grades above him. Was only going to end one way, I think.

I hate it when I know a song that would make a great football chant, but it's not famous so it will never happen.

There was a 70s/80s band called The Records who did a great song called "Insomnia" that would adapt nicely to "N'Zogbia". Sadly, it isn't even on YouTube.

I'm guessing that this isn't Megadeth's cover of that song

"N'zogbiogbiogbiogbiogbiogbia..."

Working between 5 and 7pm.

I take calls all day and this week I'm working lates. It's the first week we've been taking calls after 5pm, so no-one really knows that we're open.

I should enjoy it... sitting here for 2 hours (taking about 4 calls in that time), but I feel frustrated that I could be at home or out doing something different!!!! (Though I know.. I'll just get home and play guitar/ ps3/ watch tv :lol:)

My driving instructor, he's just insane. If (most likely when) I fail my test, I'm quitting. I've had enough of him and learning.

Things like, I might on occasion go into the wrong gear. Not a problem, everythign is fine despite that, but then he will go on about how I "completely lost control of the car" and we are "going to crash". He says that while I am happily and safely driving along.

He just seems to imagine these problems that just aren't there.

People writing soppy shit on Facebook "i miss my hubby" etc etc.

:nod:

Also, people who constantly telling their other half they love them... then they break up.

I have one on there who breaks up every week says men are words removed and the next day she is back with him and about 5 messages about how much she loves him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â