Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 23/07/2019 at 16:25, HanoiVillan said:

This reminds me of about two weeks ago . . .

I was walking up to Colmore Row to get my lunch and was crossing the road when a bloke nearly crashed into me. He was in a convertible Mercedes with the top down, sunglasses on, blasting 'Sandstorm' by Darude at full volume. He looked like an absolute pillock, but what are you gonna do.

Was it a black Mercedes?

If so i think I encountered him at about 3:30pm on Colmore Row today. Blasting some euro pop song (don't think it was Sandstorm this time)

Edited by Xela

Trains - in my case, the cross city line from Brum to Lichfield

Cancelled most of the day twice this week. On Tuesday we got the bus home... never again. Today, black cabbed it. 

Absolute shambles. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

sat in an office full of architects and technicians today that didn't appear to understand that air con works better if you CLOSE THE **** WINDOWS

That really would depend. The aircon in our main call centre is f**king dreadful. It hasn’t worked properly in the entire time we’ve been here 10 years plus. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It was. Unfortunately even I have to wear socks to the office

You have a sock checker at work? I’d be onto yer union, that’s a sweaty step too far

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

That really would depend. The aircon in our main call centre is f**king dreadful. It hasn’t worked properly in the entire time we’ve been here 10 years plus. 

It's either cooler than the air outside, or warmer. If it's cooler, closing the windows will help. If it's warmer, switch it off.

If it's air movement you're after, buy a fan or hire a punkha wallah.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

It's either cooler than the air outside, or warmer. If it's cooler, closing the windows will help. If it's warmer, switch it off.

If it's air movement you're after, buy a fan or hire a punkha wallah.

Not my problem anymore, I’ve moved to a windowless bunker. The f**kers upstairs in the greenhouse can fry for all I care. All they do is needlessly create work for me :crylaugh:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

Obligatory tune post

Probably told the story before but that is the song where I finally 'got' The Fall. B side of Telephone Thing iirc.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Percentages of footballers being used as a unit of measurement

Huh? I'm not disagreeing. I'm curious.

10 hours ago, bickster said:

You have a sock checker at work? I’d be onto yer union, that’s a sweaty step too far

Ha no.

Let me rephrase.

Even I'm not enough of a word removed to not wear socks to the office ;) 

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â