Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

WhatsApp does make things massively easier, especially as @Stevo985 says, when trying to organise a stag do/holiday/night out for a load of people. 

It's one of the only forms of 'social' media I like!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

if I needed Whatsapp to co-ordinate diaries with friends, well, that situation would fix itself fairly quickly

I actually have it on my phone for some reason. Guaranteed that I only ever used it the once (suspect its daughter related)

I don't mind apps, it just feels so soulless to 'need' an app for friendship.

A few of my lot organised a meal out, we organised it whilst stood around at the footy on Saturday, just feels more organic. I'm co-ordinating diaries and using apps and booking slots for end of November all day in work. I'd rather a chance meeting in a shop or up the club come Saturday. Horses for courses I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

When people who use exclamation! marks! In every! ****! post!

See also overuse of ellipsis.

Tell me about it........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I don't mind apps, it just feels so soulless to 'need' an app for friendship.

A few of my lot organised a meal out, we organised it whilst stood around at the footy on Saturday, just feels more organic. I'm co-ordinating diaries and using apps and booking slots for end of November all day in work. I'd rather a chance meeting in a shop or up the club come Saturday. Horses for courses I guess.

I get that, I do, and I'm not the sort of person who is glued to their phone. I class it as a necessary evil. However, my best mates are spread out over the UK (well, Brum, Wolves, Coventry and London!) but we don't get together that much. Trying to organise a holiday to Asia would normally be a long drawn out affair but WhatsApp** means we can post ideas to the 'group' etc and it helps make it much easier than it was in days gone by when it comes to pitching ideas and hotels to stay etc. 

** other messaging apps are available. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I get that, I do, and I'm not the sort of person who is glued to their phone. I class it as a necessary evil. However, my best mates are spread out over the UK (well, Brum, Wolves, Coventry and London!) but we don't get together that much. Trying to organise a holiday to Asia would normally be a long drawn out affair but WhatsApp** means we can post ideas to the 'group' etc and it helps make it much easier than it was in days gone by when it comes to pitching ideas and hotels to stay etc. 

** other messaging apps are available. 

You can do that with FB Messenger

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

When people who use exclamation! marks! In every! ****! post!

See also overuse of ellipsis.

Incorrect typing and overuse of the ellipsis is one of the most infuriating things.

I find not reading on topic helps.

• Like 1

I've just had to get FB Messenger to keep in touch with one of the kids. But the thought of an organised and co-ordinated social life just sounds like something I really wouldn't take to.

Which would explain me only having two friends, and one of those is my right hand with lipstick on it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

M&S petrol stations which double up as a mini supermarket.  This means if you want to pay for petrol you end up in a queue behind loads of people doing their weekly shop.

Offer pay at pump for people that just want fuel you twunts!

On a similar note, the tesco petrol station by me has large signs everywhere that say "extra long hoses please use both lanes" and yet every **** in front of me waits for the pump so the tank is on that side. 

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

On a similar note, the tesco petrol station by me has large signs everywhere that say "extra long hoses please use both lanes" and yet every **** in front of me waits for the pump so the tank is on that side. 

Happens everywhere, I think its hilarious, I can usually pull up to a pump on the wrong side whilst others are still queuing for a pump. Long live the imbecile 

• Like 1

Drinking from a stein, the biggest i can get my hands on, cant resist even though i know its actually shit

You can give it the barry mcbiggun about german beer all you want the last half a pint is always a staring contest with luke warm piss water

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

if I needed Whatsapp to co-ordinate diaries with friends, well, that situation would fix itself fairly quickly

They're not friends. That's the point.

It's a fairly large group of men, a lot of whom I've either never met, or have only met once or twice and have no contact details for apart from a phone number.

WhatsApp makes it SO much easier.

Edited by Stevo985

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

so where was I , oh yeah WhatsApp is great and easy for planning social events  ... if your wife lets you

I went on a jolly boys outing to Portugal and managed to leave my phone home.

Hilariously, I also managed to tell my wife I'd be home Thursday when I obviously meant Saturday.

I fail to see how WhatsApp could have helped me?

As a footnote, if you do get home two and a half days late and still drunk, it transpires a litre of olive oil and a bag of sweets is an insufficient present.

• Haha 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

They're not friends. That's the point.

It's a fairly large group of men, a lot of whom I've either never met, or have only met once or twice and have no contact details for apart from a phone number.

WhatsApp makes it SO much easier.

ahhh, I spell it Grindr

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â