Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Take away food, i love it as i suppose most do, but what gets me is how expensive it is. £30-35 per week is a shit load of money to waste when you have cupboards and a freezer full of food.

Living in Istanbul it's completely different. You can get everything delivered to your door for half to a third of the price of UK takeaways. What's more is that you can have relatively cheap home cooked meals also delivered from faimly run restaurants (Meatballs, rice and a cola) for 3pounds. Plus, it's cheaper than buying al the ingredients fresh from a supermarket.

Dominoes Pizza are doing two 'big boy' pizzas for 15tl which is just shy of 6 pounds with free delivery.

Turkish people properly earn a fair bit less than your average Briton though.

I've been building up a few over the past few weeks.

1. People who put pictures of themselves and their other half on Facebook in lovey dovey intimate situations. You know, like lying on a bed face to face and they've taken the picture themselves with an outstretched arm. **** off. DELETED!

2. people on facebook who comment on a friend's status about something completely unrelated to the status. For example, someone might put "Just saw X Men, it was shit". And someone else will comment on it with "Hi Joe Bloggs, how was your holiday?".

That's what their wall is for. Knobs. DELTETED! (Points for spotting the reference)

3. People who don't observe the rules of the road just because they're in a car park.

4. The girl who makes my Costa Coffee at work, and makes it very very badly. Every day

5. Microsoft Excel. (it's a love hate relationship with Excel)

4. The girl who makes my Costa Coffee at work, and makes it very very badly.

Costa are shocking anyway. In fact, if you're only getting a 'very, very bad' coffee, she must be one of their better baristas. There are two in Basingstoke town centre and I'm convinced they're competing against each other to see who can pass off the most liquified feces as a drinkable substance.

Costa are shocking anyway. In fact, if you're only getting a 'very, very bad' coffee, she must be one of their better baristas. There are two in Basingstoke town centre and I'm convinced they're competing against each other to see who can pass off the most liquified feces as a drinkable substance.

Well at work, Costa is the best choice I have (it's either that or much cheaper vending machine coffee).

There's a number of staff that do the coffees. Most are good, one is especially good. But this girl does it most days, and she's shit at it.

Well at work, Costa is the best choice I have (it's either that or much cheaper vending machine coffee).

There's a number of staff that do the coffees. Most are good, one is especially good. But this girl does it most days, and she's shit at it.

Im struggling here, but havnt you got to be one thick **** to screw up a cup of coffee!?!?!

What is the best 'high street' coffee as it were?

Local ones if you can find one i.e. family-run small coffee houses tend to be the best (especially if they do toasted tea-cakes, god damn I love buttery toasted tea-cakes). Chains tend to be much of a muchness, although my missus swears by Starbucks.

In that case buy one of those Senseo machines, stick it at your desk and mock your work colleagues as you sip on pure, ground victory.

Buy Nespresso. I guarantee it'll give you great espresso. Some say it's as close as you'll get to the best stuff in italy. It's definitely the best I've had in this country.

Just lost an online FIFA world cup semi final to England. Peter Crouch with 2 goals in the space of five minutes. I hit the post a couple of times and kept shooting straight at the goalkeeper. First time I'd gotten that far. Bit demoralised about starting all over again now.

In that case buy one of those Senseo machines, stick it at your desk and mock your work colleagues as you sip on pure, ground victory.

Buy Nespresso. I guarantee it'll give you great espresso. Some say it's as close as you'll get to the best stuff in italy. It's definitely the best I've had in this country.

Don't swear by Starbucks, swear at it.

Or get yourself a Rancilio Rocky grinder and Rancilio Silvia espresso machine. Then buy freshly roasted beans locally.

Nespresso is easy, quick and clean, but by god is it crap. Also no alternative to Nescafe pods; they do a wide selection, but there's no organic option and no fairtrade option, or at least there wasn't.

There's a company in Switzerland that do refillable pods tho...

Im struggling here, but havnt you got to be one thick **** to screw up a cup of coffee!?!?!

yes, but she manages it.

I can go into detail about how she **** it up:

I have cappuccino most days. I have my coffee early so like a breakfast coffee.

But she steams the milk too much, so it's all foam and no actual milk. So when she pours it into the coffee it just sits on top all light an fluffy and none mixes in.

THis means you get hardly any milk so you only really get half a drink, and none of the coffee mixes into the milk, meaning the coffee that's in there is rather bitter.

One of her colleagues does it perfectly. But she cocks it right up.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â