Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Sounds to me like someone was hoping the bosses would be impressed by his dedication of working even though he’s ill and is pissed off that instead he’s getting abuse from his colleagues :P

but in all seriousness I did my back in once  and it’s probably the most painful thing I’ve ever done , it took me something like 20 mins  to put my shoes on and another 20 mins to get in the car , Mrs H was away at the time so i was having to do school runs etc , never felt so useless and there’s a lot of competition for me being useless 

Believe me, I don't care about any plaudits. If I could spend the time lying on my back asleep I would, but it would mean a shitty few days when I get back :(

And yeah that's pretty much where I am. Or at least where I was. Sunday night/Monday morning I couldn't even put my trousers on.

I've torn my hamstring, so I've been working at home since last Wednesday.

No jibes from anybody luckily.  But one person keeps sending me emails.. almost like they're making sure I'm at my laptop.

"When is this getting done?"  "Hi, just had a query about this, is this sorted?" - when none of my job requires any sort of urgency after the 10th Feb :lol: 

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I **** my back at the gym on Sunday. Really bad. 

Genuinely couldn’t move on a Sunday. No way could I go to work. 

But I’ve got so much on at the moment, instead of being off completely I’ve been working from home. I’ve genuinely been really busy. 

The amount of “jokes” people are making about me skiving because I’m working from home is pissing me off. 

“Oh yeah, you haven’t been busy. Bet you’ve been watching tv all day”

words removed. Next time I’ll go off sick for a week and you can all suffer. 

Even the OH is at it. “Ohhh have you been watching the olympics all day?”

”bet you’ve played a lot of PlayStation today”

off

Sounds like you work with a combination of dinosaurs and presenteeism clearings in the woods.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sounds like you work with a combination of dinosaurs and presenteeism clearings in the woods.

Pretty much. It's not their fault really, it's just the culture of the company isn't a working from home culture.

At JLR it was encouraged. In fact it was a necessity due to the lack of parking and office space. So working from home there was just accepted by almost everyone.

But at this place it just isn't the done thing. So the automatic reaction is that working from home is a bit of a joke.

In their defence, I am now having a bit of a doss! I've done 2 and a half days of more or less solid work, so this afternoon I'm resting my back and doing nothing unless something urgent comes up.

I've WFH today and I honestly reckon I do 50% more at home than in the office. I work longer hours and don't speak to anyone. Lonely though! I do miss the office banter. 

• Like 1

Traffic. Had to nip out today to pick up something. Four Oaks to Erdington and back. I'll do it in my lunch hour. Took me nearly 90 mins! Just the huge volume of people and cars about. 

I dread to think what it will be like in 10-15 years. 

We need to cull about 20m people I think! 

9 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I really hope many of your posts are down to being 'lost in translation' because otherwise you really need to have a word with yourself over your perception of women.

Amongst other things.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â