Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Agreed. The poor may do it out of desperation  - the rich out of greed. 

Here is a scenario - you can have a £1m paid into your account. No strings apart from as part of the deal, 10 families in the UK (or wherever you are) that you don't know will suffer financial hardship to balance it out. Ie they lose their jobs, have their houses repossessed etc. If you asked 100 people from various backgrounds, how many do you think would take the £1m? If you don't take it, the families don't suffer hardship. Its a moral dilemma. 

I'd be interested to hear what the results might be... I'd guess most would take the £1m.

No, couldn't do that. No fun spending that knowing you've caused suffering to others!

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Here is a scenario - you can have a £1m paid into your account. No strings apart from as part of the deal, 10 families in the UK (or wherever you are) that you don't know will suffer financial hardship to balance it out. Ie they lose their jobs, have their houses repossessed etc. If you asked 100 people from various backgrounds, how many do you think would take the £1m? If you don't take it, the families don't suffer hardship. Its a moral dilemma. 

I'd be interested to hear what the results might be... I'd guess most would take the £1m.

I'd do it.

But then I'd go round to their houses and give them £100,000 each, solving their financial woes and making me out to be a **** hero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, couldn’t bring myself to take the million. 

But then I’m a boring goody two shoes in that respect. In Yates Wine Lodge*, I was once given change for a £20 when I’d only paid £10. I had to give it back. 

If I can’t deceive a shit chain bar, no chance I could knowingly screw over ten families.

*I know - classy

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd do it.

But then I'd go round to their houses and give them £100,000 each, solving their financial woes and making me out to be a **** hero.

Just give then £50k each and pocket half a mil! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I wouldn’t  and tbh I don’t think the vast majority of people would either 

but I suppose it’s easy for me to say that from a position of non-desperation ... stick me in a war zone and the knowledge that £1m can get me and my family freedom and it might become a harder decision 

• Like 1

I admire everyone's moral compass but it is easy to say that from a hypothetical standpoint. I'd like to say I wouldn't take it either... but if I was actually shown a suitcase with a £1m in then would I be so strong? :)

• Like 1

Is it random or are you told who they are? 

**** it, I’d take the 1 million. Donate at most £250k to Banardos or childrens hospice type things. I’d be ok with that. I really hate working for a living and that outweighs the guilt I’d feel after about an hour. Plus the poor kids would only probably grow up to be car thieves or ukippers anyway.

What? What you looking at?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I admire everyone's moral compass but it is easy to say that from a hypothetical standpoint. I'd like to say I wouldn't take it either... but if I was actually shown a suitcase with a £1m in then would I be so strong? :)

I'm with you on that. If someone said here you go, all you've got to do is take the suitcase, and walk off. It would be hard, I'm not denying that. 

This has reminded me, was in aldi’s after work last night, done my shopping and went to put my trolley back and the one in front still had the pound in. Didn’t even care.

Im a monster.

Quid up though so **** it.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd absolutely take it with absolutely no hesitation. I'd then spend a number of years washing that dirty money as best possible. 

19 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

This has reminded me, was in aldi’s after work last night, done my shopping and went to put my trolley back and the one in front still had the pound in. Didn’t even care.

Im a monster.

Quid up though so **** it.

Bang it on a horse. 

This talk of supermarkets reminds me, I was in Tesco last night, looking in the fridges, when I became aware of a trundling-type sound and saw one of their employees steaming towards me, pushing one of those giant metal cage things but looking at her phone. At first I looked at her in annoyance, and then amazement, and then I realised that I had used up my opportunity to get into another aisle and that I had to take rapid evasive action to avoid having my shins broken, because she was just not looking up. So I ended up pressed flat against the fridge doors, with my arms and legs splayed as if frozen in mid-star-jump while she trundled past. No apology, nothing. Not even a scoff, which would have been better than the fact she completely failed to notice my existence. 

I hope whoever she was talking to gives her some dreadful news, the cow. 

Yep, aisle store staff don’t give two **** about the customer service aspect anymore. You are in their way and waiting for you means they miss their time targets and get a bollocking of the mini hitlers that roam the aisles waiting to take their frustrations in life out on the underlings. Happens pretty much every time I go shopping now. Thinking about it, next time I’ll just stand my ground, if I get an injury it’ll be a nice pay out. Say excuse me or ignore me now you jobless word removed.

Maybe for the film thread but I get annoyed at Film adaptations of books, where the studio change virtually everything bar the title and the characters names! 

Why bother changing practically everything!?!? 

Have been reading the Vince Flynn, Mitch Rapp books for a while so was interested when American Assassin was made.

finally got around to watching it last night and what a hash job!

It Completely ignored the source material and changed character’s (even the main one!) behaviour/attitude.

the book was a decent yarn with an easily transposable plot to film but it ended up being a Jason Bourne lite piece of crap.

what makes me chuckle is seeing the book being rebranded, with the movie poster as the cover - that will confuse loads when they have viewed both!!! 

world war z was another such atrocity... 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â