Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Why would you trust your bank account details being stored by third parties in less than totally secure environments in any year?

It’s direct debit. About as safe as you can get.

But you trust them to have your wife’s details but not yours?

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s direct debit. About as safe as you can get.

But you trust them to have your wife’s details but not yours?

What is? The rent and the Fuel bills? They certainly aren't by direct debit. Why would you give a third party the right to take whatever they want, whenever they want from your bank account?

It still amazes me these days when you come across that person who wont buy anything online because they don't trust it, truly baffling that there are still people with that mentality. Even if you are one of the unlucky ones you would have the money back in days anyway.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

What is? The rent and the Fuel bills? They certainly aren't by direct debit. Why would you give a third party the right to take whatever they want, whenever they want from your bank account?

Have you had a bad experience with them before?

The DD Guarantee means that companies can't just dip in and take amounts 'willy nilly' and if you are unfortunate to be the victim of online fraud then your bank sorts it out anyway

I'd say its more of a risk to carry your money around with you or store it under your bed?

Different strokes though! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Even if you are one of the unlucky ones you would have the money back in days anyway.

Not that we were talking about online shopping at all but... seriously. You just said...

"Its alright if someone steals all my money because I expect to get it back in a few days"

The mind boggles with you young folk

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Not that we were talking about online shopping at all but... seriously. You just said...

"Its alright if someone steals all my money because I expect to get it back in a few days"

The mind boggles with you young folk

That was a separate comment to be fair, I know that wasn't the current conversation.

Also if by chance someone did take your money it would most likely be your own fault anyway e.g. using a dodgy website who don't store your details correctly or using very basic passwords etc.. but despite all that you would still get the money back anyway,

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Have you had a bad experience with them before?

The DD Guarantee means that companies can't just dip in and take amounts 'willy nilly' and if you are unfortunate to be the victim of online fraud then your bank sorts it out anyway

I'd say its more of a risk to carry your money around with you or store it under your bed?

Different strokes though! :)

I nearly removed what is now Virgin Cable (Telewest at the time) from actually being able to use direct debits at all over them repeatedly taking my money which they were not owed.

No ones ever successfully robbed me face to face either

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

That was a separate comment to be fair, I know that wasn't the current conversation.

Also if by chance someone did take your money it would most likely be your own fault anyway e.g. using a dodgy website who don't store your details correctly or using very basic passwords etc.. but despite all that you would still get the money back anyway,

Oh how sweet to see such naivety 

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Its quite easy to be naïve to the perceived threat of something that has never happened to you.

Yeah but think about this, if someone wrongly takes money out of your account (which happens very often), why should it take days for you to sort out with them before the error is rectified. And what happens if that was all the money you had to survive until payday or being all modern... it, in turn, means other direct debits go unpaid, which in turn affects your credit rating and more basically you have nothing to eat until you get paid next

All that hassle and grief... all because you gave someone the ability to take money from your account because you'll get the money back eventually

On 11/11/2017 at 11:18, bickster said:

My use of the account extends as far as my wages getting paid into the missus account. It pays the rent and the bills. I could just as easily walk into a bank with cash and pay those into the corresponding accounts.

But I assume your employer wouldn’t/won’t pay you in cash or by cheque so you need an account or access to one?

Just now, TrentVilla said:

But I assume your employer wouldn’t/won’t pay you in cash or by cheque so you need an account or access to one?

Why would you assume that? The business is cash rich. Saves them money giving me cash direct, no banking charges.

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why would you assume that? The business is cash rich. Saves them money giving me cash direct, no banking charges.

Because you are being paid into your Mrs bank account rather than in cash. Seems a reasonable assumption especially as few employers these days would pay their employees in cash.

Blokes with hairy **** ears. It shouldn’t bother me but it really does.

Take my mate for instance, I was out with him last night. He is single and in dire need of not being, he spends a decent amount on his clothes and appearance in general then he has got these massive hairs sprouting out his ears.

I’m talking a bush coming out of each one, these things are sticking out like a CM.

Get some tweezers and sort it out, will take you 5 minutes for Christ sake before you start having to plat them!

Massive, massive pet hate of mine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

It still amazes me these days when you come across that person who wont buy anything online because they don't trust it, truly baffling that there are still people with that mentality. Even if you are one of the unlucky ones you would have the money back in days anyway.

Amazon prime is a good deal. I get a lot of dry goods this way as well as all the typical Amazon buys. They have a very liberal return policy too. I try to ignore the fact I'm feeding a beast though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Blokes with hairy **** ears.

It's a scourge. So are unkempt eyebrows. I had a old distant cousin, a literal mad scientist who would paperclip his eyebrows instead of trim them. :blink:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â