Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

19 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The fat ginger word removed, wearing shorts in this weather, who parked in the disabled bay at Asda this morning. No blue badge.

Got out of his macDonalds-wrapper-strewn Range Rover, on the mobile, managed to get a snotty kid out and not interrupt his conversation.

15 minutes later I see him in the store still on his phone, clearing in the woods.

Had a word with trolley collector about illegal parking - apparently they don't take too much notice because they get too many threats.

I **** hate humans.

A dirty rounder, a no-good fraud
A ne’er-do-well of the highest accord
I’ve got the supermarket sympathy vote
I’ve got a ten year old doctor’s note

‘Cos I’m a Blue, Blue Badge Abuser
I’m a Blue, Blue Badge Abuser

I park up in the pouring rain
The space was empty, who’s to complain
And if they did, I’d say I’m due for the op
And sprint wilfully off to the shop

:)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

A dirty rounder, a no-good fraud
A ne’er-do-well of the highest accord
I’ve got the supermarket sympathy vote
I’ve got a ten year old doctor’s note

I park up in the pouring rain
The space was empty, who’s to complain
And if they did, I’d say I’m due for the op
And sprint wilfully off to the shop

:)

Can only be HMHB!?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Nope, I don't subscribe to this "He's a great songwriter but has an awful voice, so his songs are done better by others" thing at all. 

There are very, VERY few Dylan covers that improve on his originals. Hendrix's 'Watchtower' is one. I actually love his voice(s) - although I admit it's getting dodgy in recent years. But like Ruge with Sabbath and Rob with The Beach Boys, I'll buy everything he puts out until the end. 

if you weren't already aware tickets for his London shows in April go on sale tomorrow at 10:00

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

if you weren't already aware tickets for his London shows in April go on sale tomorrow at 10:00

I'm aware, but not interested. Notwithstanding what I said above, his voice is pretty shot as far as live shows go. And I'm not willing to fork out big ticket prices to see him churn out a bunch of Sinatra songs. I might feel different if I hadn't seen him at his peak in the 70s, but I did. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

081006febreeze2.jpg

Not so interesting fact alert!  In Korea as they have no letter to make an F or a Z sound, Febreze is pronounced - 'Peb-a-reech-i'.  The adverts even have a jingle with someone saying it.

True story.  You're welcome.

52 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not so interesting fact alert!  In Korea as they have no letter to make an F or a Z sound, Febreze is pronounced - 'Peb-a-reech-i'.  The adverts even have a jingle with someone saying it.

True story.  You're welcome.

Always so many syllables in Korean. I was 'suh-tee-vuh'. 

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The fat ginger word removed, wearing shorts in this weather, who parked in the disabled bay at Asda this morning. No blue badge.

Got out of his macDonalds-wrapper-strewn Range Rover, on the mobile, managed to get a snotty kid out and not interrupt his conversation.

15 minutes later I see him in the store still on his phone, clearing in the woods.

Had a word with trolley collector about illegal parking - apparently they don't take too much notice because they get too many threats.

I **** hate humans.

Who's rattled your cage today :)

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm aware, but not interested. Notwithstanding what I said above, his voice is pretty shot as far as live shows go. And I'm not willing to fork out big ticket prices to see him churn out a bunch of Sinatra songs. I might feel different if I hadn't seen him at his peak in the 70s, but I did. 

If they are all ballads he should call it A Slow Pain Coming:)

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 20:13, Sid4ever said:

If you smoked and were a bit overweight, we could be friends

I just need to smoke a pipe and we could be besties 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm in Istanbul, went on a river dinner cruise thing, had a Muslim couple refuse to sit next to me and the missus, weren't even shy about it either

Were you dressed like a Christian fundamentalist?

• Like 2

So called local news. 

This is supposed to be the second city of the bloody UK but we don't even have a local paper anymore and the TV news is bloody full of stories from places as far flung as Stoke,  Shrewsbury,  Telford and Hereford. 

Those places are as alien to me as Scunthorpe yet my local news is full of shit going down in those places. 

Edited by sidcow

Oh man. Just thought on one that is a doozey. 

That bloody awful awful woman who used to be in charge of Liberty. Shami Chakrabarti. 

She drives me insane,  I have to turn off the telly or radio as soon as I hear her name or i will literally go into a fit of annoyance. 

Everything about her winds me up. 

I thought when she left Liberty I would not hear from her again but no,  she keeps popping up. 

And then I hear about her honours,  a Dame now apparently not what you expect from a right on activist,  and hear her kids go to private school whilst she campaigns against the unfairness of grammar schools,  this pleases me immensely because it gives me some justification for really totally hating her.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So called local news. 

This is supposed to be the second city of the bloody UK but we don't even have a local paper anymore and the TV news is bloody full of stories from places as far flung as Stoke,  Shrewsbury,  Telford and Hereford. 

Those places are as alien to me as Scunthorpe yet my local news is full of shit going down in those places. 

So what do you suggest? A local TV station for every village? Would people in Telford watch Midlands Today if it was ALL about Birmingham? Britain is tiny. The midlands is a small region of it. 

I know we're supposed to Think Local, Act Global, but I get my news about what happens in my tiny suburb of my medium size city from gossip in the pub, and social media. The TV is for world news. What happens in between doesn't particularly bother me either way. 

Â