Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

So did the school run with the kid .. Traffic fairly congested when a car blows past two of us waiting to park , foolishly I got out said that's some serious dangerous driving pal, the dude gets irate says I was parked etc what's my problem, so I repeat you overtook 2 cars one indicated that's some serious dangerous driving out side a school pal , once again into a tirade getting more upset until the other driver the one that indicated pipes up and backs me up ....He's starting to get aggressive to the point I say, we should talk about this somewhere else. Big mistake ...Billy big balls you don't know who I am comes out you wanna fight ...Oh Jesus, I put my hands up say whoa buddy I'm not been aggressive hear but you did some stupid driving man I'm just pointing that out !!! Got in my car and drove off ......now when collection time comes ...Do I say something ..Was I in the wrong ? 

Unfortunately the type of prick that drives like that, endangering small children etc, is also the type of prick that will not take well to being questioned about it. It's quite rare this sort of character will apologise and say he didn't realise etc. You'll usually get an 'eff off', and may have to be prepared for some physicals, a la ruge .... if this was America, you could just have shot him and been done with it. :thumb:

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

So did the school run with the kid .. Traffic fairly congested when a car blows past two of us waiting to park , foolishly I got out said that's some serious dangerous driving pal, the dude gets irate says I was parked etc what's my problem, so I repeat you overtook 2 cars one indicated that's some serious dangerous driving out side a school pal , once again into a tirade getting more upset until the other driver the one that indicated pipes up and backs me up ....He's starting to get aggressive to the point I say, we should talk about this somewhere else. Big mistake ...Billy big balls you don't know who I am comes out you wanna fight ...Oh Jesus, I put my hands up say whoa buddy I'm not been aggressive hear but you did some stupid driving man I'm just pointing that out !!! Got in my car and drove off ......now when collection time comes ...Do I say something ..Was I in the wrong ? 

Sorry to say it is always a no win.

If you say nothing you regret it and if you say something you regret it because you've always got to go back.

I remember a partner in crime of mine having a row in the hotel dining room on the first day of a holiday, she was probably right but rather too loud and aggressive.

Embarrassed, she didn't want to go back and we were forced to eat somewhere else for the rest of the holiday. :)

The Great American Songbook. 

More precisely, terrible modern attempts at it. I mean I love all that stuff, but it needs to be done by the likes of Fred Astaire or Ella Fitzgerald, not some bozo like Michael Bublé, Rod Stewart or (God help us) Bob Dylan. And I speak as a major Dylan fan. First he did an album of Sinatra numbers. It was awful. But at least he's got it out of his system, I thought. Then, blow me, he did another one. Enough is enough, Bob. But now... he announces a TRIPLE CD of... more Sinatra numbers. Taking. The. Piss. :angry:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The Great American Songbook. 

More precisely, terrible modern attempts at it. I mean I love all that stuff, but it needs to be done by the likes of Fred Astaire or Ella Fitzgerald, not some bozo like Michael Bublé, Rod Stewart or (God help us) Bob Dylan. And I speak as a major Dylan fan. First he did an album of Sinatra numbers. It was awful. But at least he's got it out of his system, I thought. Then, blow me, he did another one. Enough is enough, Bob. But now... he announces a TRIPLE CD of... more Sinatra numbers. Taking. The. Piss. :angry:

I can never see the point of stuff like that. As you say, if you want to listen to the standards, you'll listen to the old definitive recordings. The one that wound me up the most was when Robbie Williams did that Swing album (not that I've ever listen to it). Why would I want to listen to the fat, dancer from Take That singing Sinatra, when I can listen to Sinatra!?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Bob Dylan singing anything ever.

The single greatest performer of the last fifty years, IMO. I've played virtually nothing but Dylan since the start of this year, working my way through everything he ever recorded, bootlegs and all, and re-reading all the books. 

But I draw the line at the Sinatra covers. 

• Like 1

Johnny's in the basement / Mixing up the medicine / I'm on the pavement / Thinking about the government

Breaking Bad and Trump/Brexit references well ahead of their time !:D

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

The single greatest performer of the last fifty years, IMO. I've played virtually nothing but Dylan since the start of this year, working my way through everything he ever recorded, bootlegs and all, and re-reading all the books. 

The mans a song writing genius to me. He wrote Masters of War, that should be enough on it's own! But many, many undeniably great songs. I don't think anyone would/could argue that.

Just Bobs voice has always grated on me. Much rather listen to other people doing his stuff especially the 30th anniversary tribute concert or Sam Cooke, or Jimi.

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Or his Christmas album.

• Like 1

Nope, I don't subscribe to this "He's a great songwriter but has an awful voice, so his songs are done better by others" thing at all. 

There are very, VERY few Dylan covers that improve on his originals. Hendrix's 'Watchtower' is one. I actually love his voice(s) - although I admit it's getting dodgy in recent years. But like Ruge with Sabbath and Rob with The Beach Boys, I'll buy everything he puts out until the end. 

• Like 3

His voice  (until recently) is part of his appeal IMO.  The guy's a genius and the fact his singing voice is a bit shit is all part of the appeal for me.  It's unpolished and it's great. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jon said:

His voice  (until recently) is part of his appeal IMO.  The guy's a genius and the fact his singing voice is a bit shit is all part of the appeal for me.  It's unpolished and it's great. 

Plus, the fact that he's had several vocal phases down the years where he's sounded very different, so to dismiss all of his vocal work is a bit daft unless you've gone through the lot.

• Like 1

Hendrix made 'all along the watchtower' his own imo. I can definitely see why people idolise Dylan but I've never really got into him and in a way it does surprise me but on the other hand I definitely think he is a acquired taste. Some of his songs I love.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Sky one with a remake of MacGyver without RIchard Dean Anderson

forget Muslim bans and the women's national day out the kitchen march we should be marching on the streets over this  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

The one that wound me up the most was when Robbie Williams did that Swing album (not that I've ever listen to it). Why would I want to listen to the fat, dancer from Take That singing Sinatra, when I can listen to Sinatra!?

Heard that whole album at Brum German market and quite liked it. :blush:

(in my defence I was heavily intoxicated.) 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'm in Istanbul, went on a river dinner cruise thing, had a Muslim couple refuse to sit next to me and the missus, weren't even shy about it either

NOW YOU KNOW HOW THEY FEEL YOU DISGUSTING RACIST! :lol:  :P 

• Like 1

The fat ginger word removed, wearing shorts in this weather, who parked in the disabled bay at Asda this morning. No blue badge.

Got out of his macDonalds-wrapper-strewn Range Rover, on the mobile, managed to get a snotty kid out and not interrupt his conversation.

15 minutes later I see him in the store still on his phone, clearing in the woods.

Had a word with trolley collector about illegal parking - apparently they don't take too much notice because they get too many threats.

I **** hate humans.

• Like 2

Â