Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Something common on these fb equations would be

5+1×10.

Without applying bodmas you could arrive at an answer of 60.

By applying it

5+ (1×10)

Or

5+10 = 15

Anyone writing 5+1x10 wants shooting anyway, just write 5+10 - it's deliberately confusing otherwise, forcing second guessing.

If it's 5+2x10, then less so, giving 25.

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You remember those clearings in the woods who'd constantly come out with "when am I ever going to need this in real life"?

I wonder if their teacher ever answered with 'to look intelligent to utter morons on Facebook' :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Anyone writing 5+1x10 wants shooting anyway, just write 5+10 - it's deliberately confusing otherwise, forcing second guessing.

If it's 5+2x10, then less so, giving 25.

I agree. Probably why these silly things are popular on FB. 

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Ta. But still never heard of it. Sequence of what you do first in an equation, I guess. Do the (any) calcs within brackets, then any "to the power of" then any /, then X then + then -. edit - that's what you said. Reading not so good :)

And he still gets to design the latest supersonic aircraft .  If I only I never listened in maths.

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

Robbie Williams ......And the clearings in the woods who are at that gig with the phones out recording it....Even though it's been recorded for TV .......

A friend of mine was offered a ticket for that .. £200 , best £200 she never spent by declining 

I'd sack the guy in charge of plugging in auto tune 

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

"2016. Worst year ever"

A bunch of dead celebrities and Trump being elected doesn't make it the worst year ever by any stretch of the imagination. 

I reckon 1939 - 1945 were worse.

1348 was pretty bad as well. 

5 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

"2016. Worst year ever"

A bunch of dead celebrities and Trump being elected doesn't make it the worst year ever by any stretch of the imagination. 

In people's lifetime perhaps? Trump plus Brexit = a pretty **** up year. Although 1979 beats it for me.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Jon said:

In people's lifetime perhaps? Trump plus Brexit = a pretty **** up year. Although 1979 beats it for me.

You took the death of Gracie Fields quite hard , did you ? :D

I bought a mattress off a seller on eBay (proper bed shop) 15 months ago and now it's knackered. Springs twanging and clunking when you move about. I dropped them a message and they said they won't do anything as it's over 12 months since it was purchased.

Is there any grounds from a "Sale of Goods act" point of view to get it repaired/replaced as 15 months isn't really a reasonable amount of time for it to last?

Â