Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure how much you imagine it costs to pay some professionals to move for you, but you certainly don't have to be rich.

It's just ive never heard of anyone hiring professional movers, when you move, you friends and relatives help you out.

Edited by Ikantcpell

God, I'd never have friends or family help me move.

I wouldn't trust them not to drop shit, and I'd feel too guilty asking them to give up their day when I can have it done far more quickly and competently for a reasonable cost. I think I paid  under £200 to get my stuff moved last time, and that was stuff from a 2 bed flat on the second floor, with no lifts, dismantling the furniture, getting sofas down narrows awkward stairs, and putting it all in the right rooms at the other end.

My mate is helping me move the big stuff, and I'll do the rest myself. I'm only moving round the corner, so I don't even need a van. A lad I know who lives on the street I'm moving to is lending me a moving trolley, so it shouldn't be too bad getting it shifted. It's the packing that's doing my head in! 

8 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

My mate is helping me move the big stuff, and I'll do the rest myself. I'm only moving round the corner, so I don't even need a van. A lad I know who lives on the street I'm moving to is lending me a moving trolley, so it shouldn't be too bad getting it shifted. It's the packing that's doing my head in! 

You mean a robbed trolley from aldi.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

movers? Are you lazy or rich ?

Apart from the occasional single person or student, I've never heard of anybody NOT using professional movers. Our last house move needed two MAHOOSIVE lorries, packed to the gunwales. Once you've been settled with a family for a few years, you accumulate a LOT of stuff. The thought of doing it again is horrific. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The movers I used were brilliant. Professional in every sense of the word.

The day before the move they parked one of their trucks outside our new house, reserving the spot waiting for our move truck to arrive! Evening before the move they knocked our door, made sure we looked like we were ready and taking packing seriously and talked us through the timeline for the move.

Day of the move, turned up when they were supposed to, packed boxes by order of what we wanted put in what room. That morning my father in law took ill and we were needed at the hospital. They basically did the move in our absence, dealing with others, getting keys, sorting estate agents. They part unpacked us, sorted out the kitchen and left us with bread on the worktop, milk in the fridge and a good luck card.

Utterly brilliant service. Wouldn't even consider trying to move without them next time.

But where did they leave the caviar and cognac? :P 

• Like 1

My job requires me to move around the country every 2 to 3 years, and my moves are all organised for me. Sometimes its good being a government flunky.

I can confirm that we've never used movers. Always did it ourselves and with help off family. If there is two things I hate it's moving and mowing the lawns. What I did do though when we moved into the house we are in now, I hired a diy man to come and strip wall paper off the walls and paint the whole house. We just didn't have the time to do it plus painting is another thing I hate with a passion. He was a friend of my mum and only wanted £200 to paint the whole house, but I gave him £500 because there was absolutely shit loads to do regarding stripping the wall paper before he even started painting.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â