Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I actually find some of the sniffy comments about 'grown men playing a game' much more annoying to be honest.

It's a bit of harmless fun that's caught on pretty quick and is actually encouraging some people to go out and grab a bit of fresh air and exercise (even if they are looking at their phone).

I think in general we have much, much more pressing issues in the world without getting hung up about a clever bit of augmented reality.

(Not aimed at you by the way Seat, at least you've said it shouldn't piss you off ;)) I have found the attitude of some others to be baffling though.

Are you a level 20 Pokemon master?

• Like 2

Just now, Seat68 said:

Are you a level 20 Pokemon master?

:D

I can honestly say that this mobile version is the first Pokemon game i've ever touched, and I think it's good fun.

• Like 2

Some people fell off a cliff over here playing the game, and it's only gonna get worse. Drivers will be running over entire families crossing the road and so on. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Some people fell off a cliff over here playing the game, and it's only gonna get worse. Drivers will be running over entire families crossing the road and so on. 

Yep.

There'll be a billion people playing the game, but one or two morons will fall off a cliff or run someone over and it'll be the game's fault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Wait till they invent them mobile phone things,  that will be carnage.:D

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

:D

I can honestly say that this mobile version is the first Pokemon game i've ever touched, and I think it's good fun.

I played the originals red and blue back in 99, I'd have been 15, the game is like crack, it plays on the majority of people's inner collector, people just like collecting stuff even if they don't know it, much like how everyone loves a good list... the cartoon was ok, as I drunkenly tried to explain in the Pokemon thread the problem was the game never evolved (boom ;) ) they just rehashed it, the product itself was a good one, it just grew tired

this sounds like they've injected a bit of life in to it and then some

Even though I never played it, I never really understood why Pokemon didn't really go 3D. I know N64 had Pokemon games on it, but they were spinoffs. I'm sure a proper 3D Pokemon would have flown off the shelves.

Wrong topic, I'll take it to the Gaming forum

It's interesting (kind of) the variance in which body parts people suffer injuries to from physical activity. 

I was saying to my mate the other day that I've never actually been unable to do any sport because of a musclar injury but when it comes to my joints and my feet they go very quickly. 

20 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

It's interesting (kind of) the variance in which body parts people suffer injuries to from physical activity. 

I was saying to my mate the other day that I've never actually been unable to do any sport because of a musclar injury but when it comes to my joints and my feet they go very quickly. 

This. Most runners my age (and younger) have problems with their knees. I never have. Everything else, but not knees. 

My injury problems are all on one side, too. Left leg (working up) had/has trouble with: plantar fasciitis (under heel pain), achilles tendonitis, calf muscle pulls, hamstrings, piriformis (glutes), sciatica. 

Right side: nothing.

I clearly have some imbalance problem. 

Edited by mjmooney

How often do you play Stefan? Sounds like you keep reagravating the same injury. 

I did the same thing with my hamstring for at least 18months played each week and it never got better nor not bad enough to stop me playing. They relayed the pitch we play on and we had an enforced 2 months off. When I went back it was completely fixed and no issues since.

Edited by villaglint

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This. Most runners my age (and younger) have problems with their knees. I never have. Everything else, but not knees. 

My injury problems are all on one side, too. Left leg (working up) had/has trouble with: plantar fasciitis (under heel pain), achilles tendonitis, calf muscle pulls, hamstrings, piriformis (glutes), sciatica. 

Right side: nothing.

I clearly have some imbalance problem. 

Not being funny but is one of your legs a bit longer or shorter than the other,  even by a small amount  ? Have you had it checked ?

I am not saying you need to go to mybuiltupshoe.com but it might explain it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â