Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 hours ago, Xann said:

She's thrown away a custom sized sleeve that belonged to a nice Italian CD.

giphy.gif

I guess the next question is, what the hell has happened to her smart phone that was there just minutes ago and now has 'just gone'?

11 hours ago, Xann said:

She's thrown away a custom sized sleeve that belonged to a nice Italian CD.

Are you about to appear on local news as a person of interest ?

I actually find some of the sniffy comments about 'grown men playing a game' much more annoying to be honest.

It's a bit of harmless fun that's caught on pretty quick and is actually encouraging some people to go out and grab a bit of fresh air and exercise (even if they are looking at their phone).

I think in general we have much, much more pressing issues in the world without getting hung up about a clever bit of augmented reality.

(Not aimed at you by the way Seat, at least you've said it shouldn't piss you off ;)) I have found the attitude of some others to be baffling though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I actually find some of the sniffy comments about 'grown men playing a game' much more annoying to be honest.

It's a bit of harmless fun that's caught on pretty quick and is actually encouraging some people to go out and grab a bit of fresh air and exercise (even if they are looking at their phone).

I think in general we have much, much more pressing issues in the world without getting hung up about a clever bit of augmented reality.

(Not aimed at you by the way Seat, at least you've said it shouldn't piss you off ;)) I have found the attitude of some others to be baffling though.

I'm conflicted.  Obviously I'm impressed with the idea, from a technical and business point of view.  It is genius and as I've said elsewhere, I admire Nintendo's ability to innovate.  I just can't, or haven't yet been able to, rationalise grown men collecting pokemon.  I know it sounds a bit sniffy.  I just ... well it hasn't happened yet.  That's all.

Now excuse me, I have a farm to maintain.

• Like 3

I think there's an element of nostalgia there too, it's people who played and watched pokemon as a kid. I showed it to my nephew who had never heard of pokemon.

Plus (and I'm trying really hard not to get precious here :lol:), I don't think it's any more childish than a lot of other computer games really. To me it's on a par with building an ultimate team on Fifa or leveling up on COD.

Edited by Paddywhack

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm conflicted.  Obviously I'm impressed with the idea, from a technical and business point of view.  It is genius and as I've said elsewhere, I admire Nintendo's ability to innovate.  I just can't, or haven't yet been able to, rationalise grown men collecting pokemon.  I know it sounds a bit sniffy.  I just ... well it hasn't happened yet.  That's all.

Now excuse me, I have a farm to maintain.

I've not played it but is it really any different to Candy Crush or any other addictive mobile based game?

At least it gets people out and about!

• Like 2

fwiw I too have to hold my hand up and say I dislike grown men playing pokemon. It just feels wrong and it doesn't sit right and I have friends that are doing it and I'm finding myself judging them to be juvenile cretins.

I buy music on vinyl and go in to rapture that I've found a shop that will sell me a record for £8.99 that I could have downloaded for 79p.

Later in the year I shall be paying money to stand on the side of a football pitch and watch other people play football.

• Like 3

I think it pisses me off more than it should as 3 people were shuffling slowly in my way whilst I was trying to get on the train in Wolverhampton.

People I work with are finally exploring the local area in a search for a squirtle, that is a positive, but not of the pokemon generation I find it odd, but I am not a gamer, not really that enthusiastic about nostalgia or pop culture from the 90's so I wholly admit, the problem here is me.

My daughter and her partner are probably trudging the streets of Staffordshire looking for pokemons.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think it pisses me off more than it should as 3 people were shuffling slowly in my way whilst I was trying to get on the train in Wolverhampton.

People I work with are finally exploring the local area in a search for a squirtle, that is a positive, but not of the pokemon generation I find it odd, but I am not a gamer, not really that enthusiastic about nostalgia or pop culture from the 90's so I wholly admit, the problem here is me.

My daughter and her partner are probably trudging the streets of Staffordshire looking for pokemons.

I can see why that would annoy you.

I think one of the first ever groups I joined on Facebook (When it was new) was 'I secretly want to slap slow walking people on the back of the head'.

44 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Like I said before, it's popular, therefore people (especially on VT) will hate it for no reason other than it's popular.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I said before, it's popular, therefore people (especially on VT) will hate it for no reason other than it's popular.

Well yes there will be some people who do it for that one reason.  Tis an odd reason.

Also, there have been plenty of games released that everyone has started playing. Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Farmville, Flappy Bird etc. Nobody bats an eyelid.

This one is released that actually has people out and about, going on walks, meeting new people, being active, and people hate it.

Weird.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think one of the first ever groups I joined on Facebook (When it was new) was 'I secretly want to slap slow walking people on the back of the head'.

The first group I joined too. Never looked at it a second time though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â