Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Gran turismo 5

How far up its own arse is this game? Just been doing some spring cleaning on my hard drive, chose to delete the save data i had and it took 10 minutes to delete. The install itself took an hour off my xmas day. **** off. Bloody pretentious thing.

Dummies. The one's that babies have! I just find them revolting and really unnecessary especially when their 2 year olds walking around with them.
This. Banned in our family. I never had one, neither did my wife, neither did either of our kids.

Same went for bottle feeding. Breasts rule!

The wife's car. Wouldn't let me lock it because unbeknownst to me, the spare key was in the glove locker, and it's got one of those crappy keyless entry things. Every time I pressed the button to lock it, it beeped at me, and I had five minutes left before the shop shut. Cue a frantic read of the owner's manual, followed by a hunt for the offending key. Stupid **** thing. Obviously if I'm trying to lock it from outside I have a key, and therefore the fact that the spare key is inside doesn't really concern me. Just lock the **** door when I tell you to you Japanese piece of shit!

Having to write a presentation in a group. We all get marked on our performance as a group. I hate it when words removed don't pull their weight and do their bit for the presentation. I have had to spend a good 3 hours today covering most of the stuff, because of lazy rocket polishers not responding back to their emails. They'll then stand there on Monday and get the good marks because of my work. **** off.

At uni we had a tutor who, for group work, would make it so that you had to mark people up or down.

So say the group got 70%. You would then have to allocate plus or minus numbers to each group member, that all netted out to 70.

So I could get 72, someone else could get 70, and the other two get 69 each.

It was annoyign when everyone pulled their weight, because he sai dyou HAD to give plus or minus, even if everyone had done the same amount of work.

But it made sure people pulled their weight, and if they didn't you could mark them down for it.

That would be horrendous in a group that actually did pull their weight! I imagine he got a lot of complaints if the class was quite dedicated to their studies.

Yeh, to be fair not many people liked it. We didn't because everyone pulled their weight, but who's to say it wasn't that marking technique that made everyone pull their weight?

I wasn't a fan, but in dbs' situation, it would have been useful

To be fair though, you could still freeload and get a 65, which aint bad at all.

:?

No you couldn't, in theory you could dock a freeloader 50 marks and split the rest amongst the other members.

Having to write a presentation in a group. We all get marked on our performance as a group. I hate it when words removed don't pull their weight and do their bit for the presentation. I have had to spend a good 3 hours today covering most of the stuff, because of lazy rocket polishers not responding back to their emails. They'll then stand there on Monday and get the good marks because of my work. **** off.

At uni we had a tutor who, for group work, would make it so that you had to mark people up or down.

So say the group got 70%. You would then have to allocate plus or minus numbers to each group member, that all netted out to 70.

So I could get 72, someone else could get 70, and the other two get 69 each.

It was annoyign when everyone pulled their weight, because he sai dyou HAD to give plus or minus, even if everyone had done the same amount of work.

But it made sure people pulled their weight, and if they didn't you could mark them down for it.

That would be horrendous in a group that actually did pull their weight! I imagine he got a lot of complaints if the class was quite dedicated to their studies.

Yeh, to be fair not many people liked it. We didn't because everyone pulled their weight, but who's to say it wasn't that marking technique that made everyone pull their weight?

I wasn't a fan, but in dbs' situation, it would have been useful

To be fair I wish that technique was implemented in certain classes. We had a situation a couple of weeks ago where someone should have been docked for lack of contribution, but it ended up with none of the group really wanting to push it and caused a lot of tension in our friendship. There's a fine line with treating Uni work like the proper working environment, especially when people still expect 'friendly' treatment.

Why not just select team leaders for each team and then at the end, discuss with that person for 2/3 minutes in private and confidential who worked well and who didn't. That way you don't get freeloaders but if everyone works hard, it's noted...
That would very rarely work in practice, unfortunately.

All words positive are really shite when you say them, reason why sick is used a lot I think. Class is possibly most used and the best one.

Informal chat, very good, excellent just doesn't work, while negative, ...shite, shit, dire, terrible, 'a joke'...all work well.

:huh: :notsure:

Sorry, you lost me there.

All words positive are really shite when you say them, reason why sick is used a lot I think. Class is possibly most used and the best one.

Informal chat, very good, excellent just doesn't work, while negative, ...shite, shit, dire, terrible, 'a joke'...all work well.

Bad explaining.

If you're having a chat to friends, quite informal most likely...when you are describing something good/enjoyable whatever, there is a real lack of words. (during real conversation, not the internet)

I don't think I've used 'I had an excellent day'...'that goal he scored was brilliant'..."it was a very good trip."....(describing a funny video)..."Superb" Growing up, there has always been new words, main two I can think of is 'mint and sick'...both seemed to last for good 3/4 years.

Where as negative words have always stayed the same 'he's shit'....'that was **** dire'.....

bit pointless but always wondered why it is.

Something about the word "sick" just annoys me. I don't mind any other words "mint", "awesome" etc. I even tolerate "savage" which I've heard used when I'm visiting Ireland.

But "Sick" just really annoys me. I can proudly say I have never used the word in that context.

Dummies. The one's that babies have! I just find them revolting and really unnecessary especially when their 2 year olds walking around with them.
This. Banned in our family. I never had one, neither did my wife, neither did either of our kids.

Same went for bottle feeding. Breasts rule!

Same with us, our 6 month old daughter hasn't had one. i just hate seeing parents rely on these to keep their children quiet. If you don't give thme one in the first place then they won't know what they are.

That was truly an abysmal post wasnt it?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â