Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This over the sats, things might have changed since I was a kid but sats in year 2 was a thing where I spent Monday and Tuesday finger painting, Wednesday I got a piece of paper stuck in front of me, Thursday and Friday I made stuff out of sand, my main concern the entire week was playing transformers at dinner time

From the reports I've seen/heard, times have a'changed.

As for the 'test of the teachers' bit - why don't they concentrate on testing the teachers rather than putting the pressure on the kids as proxies for the teachers?

14 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

....Dunno what it is with children though but they seem to like me ....... Same thing happens to me with cats as well , who also seem to like me ... Doesn't work with girls in nightclubs sadly

Maybe it's the way you dress, T?pinkbunny1.png?w=425&h=316

On 14/02/2011 at 11:39, wiggyrichard said:

The media on Fernando Torres. Just because he hasnt scored in 120 minutes of football for Chelsea he is passed it and not good enough.

Horse shit!

Well they were right to be fair.

• Like 1

On 5 May 2016 at 08:35, Seat68 said:

there are some examples of passable TV, as there are passable albums, but broadly it was dreadful, never understood Reflex, why the hell would I want to go and be reminded of the 80's???? The talking heads programmes where someone who was 5 in 1987 will tell me that it was a great time to be alive, politics, music, telly, however by this very post I am carrying out the very thing that pisses me off, 80's nostalgia.

There was some amazing music in the 80s.

The Smiths, Michael Jackson (especially Beat It), Prince at his best, Joy Division, Kate Bush etc.

I am a rare person that finds the entire recorded output of jackson to be the most intolerable shit known to man. 

There are more of us than you realise!

• Like 1

On 05/05/2016 at 17:58, villakram said:

old people going all "back when I was young...", e.g., about music.

This. Props to the old folk who are willing to listen to new music and try new things, but a lot just refuse to out of stubbornness or blind loyalty to 'their time' and it's pretty pathetic and sad. Times change, tastes change, things change. However, there's always good stuff being made.

Actually this applies to a lot of things and not just music. Things weren't better back in the old days. People were racist and intolerable as ****, illnesses that are easily curable today were potentially lethal back then, and most everyone was pretty much just uninformed about a lot of things. And now the youth of today have to deal with the consequences of the preceding generations that didn't give a **** about consumption or sustainability, or take one minute to think about the impact it would have. 

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

This. Props to the old folk who are willing to listen to new music and try new things, but a lot just refuse to out of stubbornness or blind loyalty to 'their time' and it's pretty pathetic and sad. Times change, tastes change, things change. However, there's always good stuff being made.

Actually this applies to a lot of things and not just music. Things weren't better back in the old days. People were racist and intolerable as ****, illnesses that are easily curable today were potentially lethal back then, and most everyone was pretty much just uninformed about a lot of things. And now the youth of today have to deal with the consequences of the preceding generations that didn't give a **** about consumption or sustainability, or take one minute to think about the impact it would have. 

Nostalgia is not a bad thing. A lot of people like music/films/football etc from the era they were younger because it brings back great memories of perhaps the happiest times of their lives. 

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nostalgia is not a bad thing. A lot of people like music/films/football etc from the era they were younger because it brings back great memories of perhaps the happiest times of their lives. 

Nah of course not, I have lots of nostalgia for things from my youth as does everybody. But when you're nostalgic to the point of dismissing anything made after a certain date then it's a shame.

23 hours ago, Risso said:

There was some amazing music in the 80s.

The Smiths, Michael Jackson (especially Beat It), Prince at his best, Joy Division, Kate Bush etc.

I genuinely don't like any of those. I can see that they have merit, but I really dislike their music. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Climbing and then descending a mountain, at the same time as constantly trying to not shit yourself, is not fun.

That pissed me off.

Surely the perfect place to have a crafty tom tit behind a rock or a bush? 

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Surely the perfect place to have a crafty tom tit behind a rock or a bush? 

There were no trees and no rocks big enough.

Believe me, the state I was in I would have risked any sort of hiding place, but there's nothing.

After all the balloons going on the pitch yesterday, commentators and the media have been referencing the infamous Bent goal against Liverpool that was assisted by a balloon.

Except, what pisses me off, is that goal had absolutely nothing to do with that balloon. Glenn Johnson kicked out, knocking the balloon sideways while the ball bounced up off his foot and past the Liverpool goalkeeper.

Edited by a m ole

16 minutes ago, a m ole said:

After all the balloons going on the pitch yesterday, commentators and the media have been referencing the infamous Bent goal against Liverpool that was assisted by a balloon.

Except, what pisses me off, is that goal had absolutely nothing to do with that balloon. Glenn Johnson kicked out, knocking the balloon sideways while the ball bounced up off his foot and past the Liverpool goalkeeper.

I really don't think that's what happened. It clearly hits the beach ball.

And even if it didn't hit it, the goal clearly did have something to do with the beachball!

Edited by Stevo985

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â