Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I still have the same Bush digital alarm clock that I've had since Primary school.  It's sentimental at this stage :) 

321852216952_1.jpg

30 + years later I still have this...

2n0525u.jpg

My old boy won it in a golf tournament.

It's discoloured like this one. She hates it, of course.

It outlasted the telly signal that fed it, but all the functions still work.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Xann said:

30 + years later I still have this...

Una2eYc.jpg

My old boy won it in a golf tournament.

It's discoloured like this one. She hates it, of course.

It outlasted the telly signal that fed it, but all the functions still work.

That pic isn't loading for some reason Xann.

Ah the old "portable" tellys

the one my mom and dad had was the size of a chest freezer, I also remember the main tv in the living room, the old wood encased on a triply types having buttons and control knobs so hard to push in you had to hit them so hard the neighbors could here us changing the channel 

Me too, but like mike I'm up north and so using t'internet, which will show images of old devices, chimneys, factories, radiograms, the working class (they're everywhere, up here) which are not available to fancy Southern or overseas internet users.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2016 at 20:49, tonyh29 said:

Few of my mates turn 50 this year so we've been planning the weekend getaway 

Moldova and Macedonia were discussed as was Bosnia and Belgrade 

and then suddenly it's become a choice between bloody Germany or poxy Spain

Don't get me wrong Inlike Germany but we did Hamburg last year so it's not really very imaginative and Spain well it's just a bit meh really ...

i was looking forward to getting pissed in Transnistria .... Oh best get my sombrero out the loft 

Always knew you'd end up in Benidorm. At the Red Lion. With your all day brekkie and pint of Carling :P

I've got no clocks in my house. Just use my phone.

One alarm (usually already awake waiting for it to go off), it goes off, I get my ipad, 15 mins of internet browsing (usually ending upon xhamster) then I'm ready for the day ahead. 

Worked from home today as had a flare up with my colitis. Been flat out busy all day, not long logged off after 11 hours straight staring at my tiny laptop screen. Yet, when I rung in the office everyone just assumes I'm at home with my feet up! 

words removed.

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

By sheer force of intellect and debating skills I persuaded my new quiz team to change their answer on where the national railway museum was. They'd written York, I knew it was Swindon and got all 5 of them to come round to my answer.

We lost by a single point.

This reminds me of something that really plsses me off. People on your quiz team who immediately leap in in a very knowing authoritative way with an answer like they are 100% confident they know the answer.

The rest of the team rest easy thinking thank God someone knew that tricky conundrum,  then it turns out they had no actual idea and we're just guessing.  Bl00dy chancers. If you are not sure just say so. 

Twunks 

6 hours ago, blandy said:

That's brilliant. it really narks me, too. And it's often me that does it.

It even bugs me if the clock on a random apparatus is wrong - like a microwave, or a proper oven, or a clock radio, car radio - anywhere. Even clocks in shops.

My freaking bedside radio is always 10 minutes slow and it's one of those radio controlled ones that I bought deliberately to ensure I never had to manually change it. I mean the technology to beam the exactly correct atomically controlled time around the country is a modern miracle 100 years on from when we had different time zones in each city but the twunks can't make the clock work. 

And someone please explain me this. The digital clock in my car always loses 7 minutes within a few weeks of being set.  How can digital run slow??? . So I think I will be clever and set it 7 minutes fast so it becomes correct when it loses its 7 minutes. But no,  the b@stard thing knows my cunning plan and loses 14 minutes. So now I never ever change it so it's also a calender indicating if it is summer or winter depending on if the time is 7 minutes out or 67 minutes out

• Like 1

Take a look at this dickhead...

042516robertsundbergFN.jpg?itok=rCCaebUQ

He's a Massachusetts state trooper, charged with aggravated assault on his wife, also a state trooper, who says he's beat her for years and is an alcoholic and steroid user. But look at the face on that guy. He's pure evil. He's the face of localized government power, really. word removed.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He's a Massachusetts state trooper, charged with aggravated assault on his wife, also a state trooper, who says he's beat her for years and is an alcoholic and steroid user. But look at the face on that guy. He's pure evil. He's the face of localized government power, really. word removed.

It does amaze me how certain people just look like they should be jailed based on nothing other than the fact they look like they could commit a crime any second. Every time i see Jamie Vardy i cant help but imagine him in an orange jumpsuit or working on the roof shawshank redemption style. My old next door neighbour looks the spitting image of Vardy and he was a drug dealing scumbag. There must be something behind it all. 

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Do you not have innocent until proven guilty in the land of the free ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Always knew you'd end up in Benidorm. At the Red Lion. With your all day brekkie and pint of Carling :P

You'll be pleased to know we went out tonight and seem to have agreed on Warsaw .... Not to scary for the ones that thought they would get raped and killed in Macedonia and also not Spain ... 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â