Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Here, it's national courtesy to pick up after yourself. In McDonald's you take your tray to the bin, in cinemas you put your stuff in the bin by the doors and, I've seen people extinguish cigarettes on the sole of their shoe and walk to a bin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

There are staff paid to clean the cinema so I have no problem of people leaving junk for them to bin.

There are people paid to clean the supermarket, but I don't throw my litter on the floor there either.

People should just **** pick up after themselves.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Probably more one that "should "piss me off but went to the cinema yesterday with the kids ... Film ended and we picked up our rubbish and left 

the rest of the cinema looked liked something post apocalypse , rubbish everywhere , popcorn on the floor , empty drinks containers abandoned 

scummers the lot of them , cinemas should save money on pointless don't video the film on your mobile  ads and replace it with take your rubbish home you lazy word removed ads instead 

Deadpool likes this post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

The Vue we somtimes use has signs TELLING you to leave your rubbish on the floor. 

Yep.

My friend used to work in a cinema and said they encourage people to leave their rubbish on the floor as the bins in the lobby etc aren't big enough to handle a few hundred people shoving their rubbish in after a film.

Edited by Stevo985

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The Vue we somtimes use has signs TELLING you to leave your rubbish on the floor. 

Yeah but that's Up North where a bath is something you keep coal in ... I'm talking down South where civilised people live 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Tax deadline is tomorrow. Which means today I'll be filling out the most tedious and boring forms to declare what little money I made last year so Uncle Sam can get his dirty hands on it. words removed.

A guy in my office has just wasted his whole lunchbreak to drive to a shop to buy a bottle of milk, because it was cheaper than buying it in the shop we have onsite.

He saved 45p.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A guy in my office has just wasted his whole lunchbreak to drive to a shop to buy a bottle of milk, because it was cheaper than buying it in the shop we have onsite.

He saved 45p.

And spent 50p's worth of petrol.

33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

he saved 45p ....

And spent 50p's worth of petrol.

I thought I'd come into the middle of an EU  In /out debate there for a second  :)

Edited by tonyh29

This reads like an Onion story. it can't be true.

UC Berkeley student removed from Southwest flight after speaking Arabic on plane

Makhzoomi had just settled into his seat on a Southwest Airlines flight when he pulled out his cellphone to call his uncle in Baghdad. His uncle is a political analyst, so Makhzoomi wanted to discuss the previous night’s event with him.

He was speaking into the phone in Arabic when he noticed that the woman in the seat in front of him was turned with her neck craned in his direction, staring.

Feeling discomfited, Makhzoomi cut his conversation short. “Inshallah,” he told his uncle, using a customary Arabic phrase meaning “God willing.” “I’ll call you when I land.”

After Makhzoomi hung up, he noticed that the woman had left her seat and was making her way up the aisle, weaving around passengers who were still boarding.

His sense of unease deepened. A thought occurred to him: I hope she’s not reporting me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/18/uc-berkeley-student-removed-from-southwest-flight-after-speaking-arabic-on-plane/?postshare=7531460990587032&tid=ss_tw

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He saved 45p.

Yep. My office is full of them. Will drive 5 miles further to get slightly cheaper petrol oblivious to the fact they are probably worse off. Or specifically drive to a different supermarket to get things on offer, thus wasting an extra 30 mins of time in order to save a pound or two 

Sick of looking at others peoples shit (/vonijama) when I go to the toilet.Can' these savages flush? Happened twice in 2 days. In a pub and at work. 

Surely most normal people after flushing will check to see if the turd has gone to its watery grave?

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

There's a been a dried out booger stuck to the wall in front of the urinal at work for ages. A reminder that as a species we're not that long out of the jungle. 

I have to deal with them at work, they know all the legalities of debt and debt collection but know next to nothing about construction contracts and payment rules and absolutely nothing about what happens on building sites

Last one I had was from a subbie I'd just forgot to pay, no malice or bad intentions just forgot, got the snotty letter, you owe £3k in 7 days or get your best suit out blah blah blah, phoned the subbie checked they were sorted, 2 letters later we've settled on £600

Nothing untoward or dodgy we can just go to town on those kind of companies

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The love-in for Stan in On Topic.

The bloke is an utter word removed.

I joined his block list last night. First time I've tweeted him I think and don't follow him anyway so not missing much. I did actually compliment him as it started well but also said it turned into car crash radio. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â