Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I'd extend that to any piped music in public spaces. Even on the rare occasion they play something that I like, somebody else will be hating it for sure. 

Muzak makes me laugh.  Or restaurant cover music where you know the song but not who's singing it :)  "You bloody cheapskates" :D

People in shops who pay by flinging their money on the counter, despite the cashier holding their hand out for the money.

Oh, and people who spend ten minutes trying to find exactly the right change by going through two purses and two handbags.

Obviously when I say "people", I mean the annoying bint ahead of me in the queue tonight. Made me miss my bus so I spent £15 on a cab home instead.

7 minutes ago, choffer said:

People in shops who pay by flinging their money on the counter, despite the cashier holding their hand out for the money.

Oh, and people who spend ten minutes trying to find exactly the right change by going through two purses and two handbags.

Obviously when I say "people", I mean the annoying bint ahead of me in the queue tonight. Made me miss my bus so I spent £15 on a cab home instead.

Or the cashier putting your change on the counter when you have the hand held out .....mother ****

• Like 1

If you're paying by exact change you sort it while queuing, I don't get people who are buying say 2/3 things and not know roughly how much it will come to, like even in a ball park

Said many times on here my missus is **** shocking for it, will be in a queue for five minutes, get to the till, completely unready... "Have you got a club card" oh yeah that's somewhere in here, "that's £3.20" oh she might have that in change she'll just have a look... How the **** else are they expecting this transition to go!

• Like 2

The corruption in my local council, Stafford. There has been a long running saga around the relocation of the local rugby club, it's been granted planning permission in a totally unsuitable area, there are scores of reasons why it should have been turned down but down to our local council time and time again being in the pockets of developers it was approved. 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The corruption in my local council, Stafford. There has been a long running saga around the relocation of the local rugby club, it's been granted planning permission in a totally unsuitable area, there are scores of reasons why it should have been turned down but down to our local council time and time again being in the pockets of developers it was approved. 

Sounds like most towns and cities!

We tend to feature a lot in Private eye these days. Councillors being directors of development companies etc. I'd like to think come the next local elections they will get their commupance. 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If you're paying by exact change you sort it while queuing, I don't get people who are buying say 2/3 things and not know roughly how much it will come to, like even in a ball park

Said many times on here my missus is **** shocking for it, will be in a queue for five minutes, get to the till, completely unready... "Have you got a club card" oh yeah that's somewhere in here, "that's £3.20" oh she might have that in change she'll just have a look... How the **** else are they expecting this transition to go!

The absolute worst one I've seen happened a couple of weeks ago in Morrisons.

The woman in front of me waited until she had paid to bag her stuff.

So she just stood there while the cashier put her shopping through. Then she paid. Then we all had to stand there watching as she spent 5 minutes packing her shopping.

I think she might have been an alien trying to fit in, but got it slightly wrong.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2016 at 23:43, Xela said:

As for the taking off the shoes when going to someone's house, unless I was asked I would leave them on, assuming they weren't covered in mud or they had white carpets!

You should assume they're covered in all types of shit, because they usually are! Idk I've always found it common courtesy to take them off so the hosts won't have to clean after you later. Kinda like how when you eat, you try not to spill crumbs or whatever and clean up after yourself.

• Like 2

**** hell this day. Small team, 3 men and and a boss that have been working together for years, me and the boss 7 years the other guys 6 and 5 years respectively. We work in a secure room and its a very testosterone filled environment. We took on 3 new people, 2 women and a guy and immediately drama started between the new woman and the guy, today one of the women has just ranted at me that I shouted at her yesterday (I may have but in a professional manner I may have raised my voice) I asked her when it happened and what I said as she is stropping over it, she said she wont talk about it. This was before 9.30, she had already had a go at us for talking about the night manager as one day she might watch it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I've always found it common courtesy to take them off so the hosts won't have to clean after you later.

yep , I always take shoes off when I enter someone's house .. does seem to cause much merriment with the home owner in a lot of instances but to me it should be as automatic as putting rubbish in a dustbin rather than throwing it on the floor  ....

saying that I'm too good a host to point it out to visitors at my home if they don't do it , I just make little black marks against their name on my payback  "list"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

This was before 9.30, she had already had a go at us for talking about the night manager as one day she might watch it.

you want to do something like this as you walk past her desk 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The absolute worst one I've seen happened a couple of weeks ago in Morrisons.

The woman in front of me waited until she had paid to bag her stuff.

So she just stood there while the cashier put her shopping through. Then she paid. Then we all had to stand there watching as she spent 5 minutes packing her shopping.

I think she might have been an alien trying to fit in, but got it slightly wrong.

This drives me bonkers. If I have a lot of stuff then I'll just put it all back into the trolley, wheel away somewhere out of the way and then put it into shopping bags so I'm not holding up the line.

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Don't get me started.  Our local football team sold the ground 20 years ago to developers who let us play there for another 10 whilst we found a new ground.  Still the council turn down every plan.  The last one was basically two very small stands, a couple of 3G pitches for the local kids to play on (apparently there were a couple of months with no youth football in the town because of the state of the pitches that the council are supposed to look after) and a clubhouse on a site directly opposite the local dump.  The closest house is a mile away, but it got turned down due to the noise spooking the horses in said house's stables.  Yes, it's a very affluent estate, needless to say. The team have gone from playing Swansea in the 2nd round of the FA Cup less than a decade ago to being in the Sussex county league.  Meanwhile they are building thousands of new homes around the town but neglected to build any more schools, and are in danger of having no football team now either.  Bunch of rocket polishers.

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Don't get me started.  Our local football team sold the ground 20 years ago to developers who let us play there for another 10 whilst we found a new ground.  Still the council turn down every plan.  The last one was basically two very small stands, a couple of 3G pitches for the local kids to play on (apparently there were a couple of months with no youth football in the town because of the state of the pitches that the council are supposed to look after) and a clubhouse on a site directly opposite the local dump.  The closest house is a mile away, but it got turned down due to the noise spooking the horses in said house's stables.  Yes, it's a very affluent estate, needless to say. The team have gone from playing Swansea in the 2nd round of the FA Cup less than a decade ago to being in the Sussex county league.  Meanwhile they are building thousands of new homes around the town but neglected to build any more schools, and are in danger of having no football team now either.  Bunch of rocket polishers.

sounds like stafford, lord stafford who holds the rugby club lease has flogged it to someone like taylor wimpey, the town wants the rugby club to find a new home but its now going to be built on a flood plain, on a nature reserve, ridiculous, seems to be the case that lord stafford has greased the wheels of local government.

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

My flight home delayed 2 hours because of the French on strike, again. rocket polishers.

Just had to get back off the plane as we've lost our slot, expect 2 more hours

40 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely the local press could run a story of that nature exposing the difficulties being faced.  I imagine it would be of interest and ruffle some feathers.  You could even write them a draft ;)

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

yep , I always take shoes off when I enter someone's house .. does seem to cause much merriment with the home owner in a lot of instances but to me it should be as automatic as putting rubbish in a dustbin rather than throwing it on the floor  ....

saying that I'm too good a host to point it out to visitors at my home if they don't do it , I just make little black marks against their name on my payback  "list"

Make a black mark on their nice cream carpet instead.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â