Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

being expected to fork out for my mates wedding in cyprus and stag do in benidorm. im not made of bloody money and do have other things id like to do this year. not got much interest in living it up in benidorm these days. when i do go abroad its very rare i get drunk now im older, as i much prefer to relax without getting out of my skull.

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A being expected to fork out for my mates wedding in cyprus and stag do in benidorm. im not made of bloody money and do have other things id like to do this year. not got much interest in living it up in benidorm these days. when i do go abroad its very rare i get drunk now im older, as i much prefer to relax without getting out of my skull.

A close pal of mine invited me to his wedding. The girl he was marrying, her father, was some director on Royal Caribbean cruises, so they decided to get married on the ship. I was expected to go being a close mate. £1800 each plus spends was also expected. Fortunately the misses got pregnant 6 months before, so had a good excuse, an didn't go

Thinking back I glad I didn't go, cause since then I've hardly seen him, an now he has moved out the area, not even inviting me to his new house.

Mates who get married, or get a new girlfriend, an disappear of the planet. Pisses me off

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

A close pal of mine invited me to his wedding. The girl he was marrying, her father, was some director on Royal Caribbean cruises, so they decided to get married on the ship. I was expected to go being a close mate. £1800 each plus spends was also expected. Fortunately the misses got pregnant 6 months before, so had a good excuse, an didn't go

Thinking back I glad I didn't go, cause since then I've hardly seen him, an now he has moved out the area, not even inviting me to his new house.

so your saying i should get my missus pregnant? we need to have sex to do that ;) on a serious note there is no way i would of paid that money. my mate seems to have gone a tad quiet on us because we have not booked the holiday yet, wedding is in june. we just do not have the money yet and its going to cost over a grand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's the same whenever I extend my tenancy on my flat, the estate agents find all sorts of shit random payments for things which I'm sure take about five clicks of their mouse on the computer to do.  rocket polishers, I hate them.

Oh I've had that before, a few years ago we were renting a house and after 11 months of the 12 month lease we were sent a letter that read "great news your landlord has agreed to increase your tenancy agreement for a further 6 months.

please send us a cheque for £250 to cover admin fees"

I once had a full blown argument in an estate agents over the ridicous fees they were charging for their "back ground checks" when you rent a property, I think they were charging me £150 to do these checks and then had the **** nerve to demand I provide them with my tax return details, because they couldn't be arsed to check if I owed anything on my tax bill, which was what I was paying for.

estate agents are **** words removed 

• Like 2

nurses who give you the all clear then ring up and say you need to come back in. had a call last week saying i need to come back in and do my bloods again because something has shown up. they said two weeks ago no further action was required after i did blood tests but she rang back and mentioned i need to do my hep c test again which is worrying. back there tomorrow to give more blood. hoping the virus is not active in my body as the treatment can be pretty shit.

6 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Oh I've had that before, a few years ago we were renting a house and after 11 months of the 12 month lease we were sent a letter that read "great news your landlord has agreed to increase your tenancy agreement for a further 6 months.

please send us a cheque for £250 to cover admin fees"

I once had a full blown argument in an estate agents over the ridicous fees they were charging for their "back ground checks" when you rent a property, I think they were charging me £150 to do these checks and then had the **** nerve to demand I provide them with my tax return details, because they couldn't be arsed to check if I owed anything on my tax bill, which was what I was paying for.

estate agents are **** words removed 

Crikey £250 really is taking the piss.  I think I pay about £50 each time, surely all it involves is a bit of filing and photocopying.  I should really get round to finding a flat to buy but it's bloomin hard in the south east.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Crikey £250 really is taking the piss.  I think I pay about £50 each time, surely all it involves is a bit of filing and photocopying.  I should really get round to finding a flat to buy but it's bloomin hard in the south east.

I don't know if it was that much because there was 2 of us?, but the agent (countrywide) have an extremely bad reputation and thankfully I'll never have to deal with them again 

when we moved out of that house and into the one were In now we made sure we asked if there would be any further charges after the initial12 month lease and were told no, it would just go onto a rolling month  to month lease, low behold 11 months later we get a similar letter. Luckily we had it I writing that we wouldn't be charged and got it cancelled

Edited by Jimzk5

14 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I don't know if it was that much because there was 2 of us?, but the agent (countrywide) have an extremely bad reputation and thankfully I'll never have to deal with them again 

when we moved out of that house and into the one were In now we made sure we asked if there would be any further charges after the initial12 month lease and were told no, it would just go onto a rolling month  to month lease, low behold 11 months later we get a similar letter. Luckily we had it I writing that we wouldn't be charged and got it cancelled

I've recently let a flat I have myself. The company who manage the apartments, who already get close to £100 a month off me for ground rent, have found out I am letting the property, an so have demanded £120. Apparent its for "retrospective notice of registration", which i'm guessing is money for......................................... F**** all. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-35582915

A man who was jailed for selling counterfeit designer T-shirts on eBay for six years has been ordered to pay back £131,833.

Barry Wayne Pritchard, 47, of Penycae, Wrexham, made £200,000 selling the fake items between 2008 and 2014.

Mold Crown Court heard he had been warned by trading standards officers about his activities, but continued to trade even after his arrest.

He was jailed for 18 months for trademark and fraud offences last year.

Pritchard must pay back the money in three months or face an extra 12 months in prison.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/topic/birmingham/

A father whose pregnant wife was killed along with their unborn child by a speeding driver has called on the government to review sentencing for motorists who cause fatal accidents.

Tahira Parveen was eight-months pregnant with her third child when the BMW hit her and pinned her against a wall. She had just taken her daughter to her first day at nursery.

23-year-old Shammas Rehman of Charles Road, Small Heath was jailed for 12 months after pleading guilty to causing death by careless driving. He will only serve half of that.

He also put a 4 year old boy walking to his first day at school in a wheel chair for 7 months

What do you have to do to get the maximum sentance which is still only 5 years

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

It's been said again and again over the years. If you want to murder someone, just do it using a car. The sentencing in this country for driving offences is  incredibly lenient.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

I'm not an expert on these particular cases, but isn't there a question of intent here? ie, the man who sold fake goods for years was clearly running a criminal conspiracy, from which he intended to profit, but the person who killed someone by dangerous driving made a tragic mistake, without any intent? I'm sure if you ran over someone in your car and it was clearly possible to prove that you had planned to do so, that you would be tried for murder and then the sentence would be much harsher. 

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not an expert on these particular cases, but isn't there a question of intent here? ie, the man who sold fake goods for years was clearly running a criminal conspiracy, from which he intended to profit, but the person who killed someone by dangerous driving made a tragic mistake, without any intent? I'm sure if you ran over someone in your car and it was clearly possible to prove that you had planned to do so, that you would be tried for murder and then the sentence would be much harsher. 

Maybe, but on a human level I think we can all agree that killing someone as a result of driving like a word removed is far worse than a (potentially) victim less crime such as selling fakes. If the guy was selling, what you'd call, 'proper' fakes, for knock down prices, then it really is a victim less crime, since the people buying those clothes are presumably aware that they are not the real deal but happy to still wear them (they presumably wouldn't have bought the real thing due to the price differential). 

• Like 2

Yes, I'm not saying I disagree with you, even. Just trying to guess - while being too lazy to read two trial transcripts! - why there might have been this surprising difference in sentencing. Sentencing comparisons aren't always 'logical', but the system does have a strong interest in 'seeming fair', so there may be an issue with the light sentence in this case for the reckless driver. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Maybe, but on a human level I think we can all agree that killing someone as a result of driving like a word removed is far worse than a (potentially) victim less crime such as selling fakes. If the guy was selling, what you'd call, 'proper' fakes, for knock down prices, then it really is a victim less crime, since the people buying those clothes are presumably aware that they are not the real deal but happy to still wear them (they presumably wouldn't have bought the real thing due to the price differential). 

Totally agree.

Any offence such as counterfeit goods being sold or tax being dodged while annoying should never be punishable by 5+ years in prison.

Killing someone by any means probably should but very often doesn't.

17 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Totally agree.

Any offence such as counterfeit goods being sold or tax being dodged while annoying should never be punishable by 5+ years in prison.

Killing someone by any means probably should but very often doesn't.

UK's biggest tax fraud was by Syed Ahmed, 185 Million. Would 4 years inside be sufficient for that?

Personally, I'd be happy with 185 million in exchange for sitting out 4 years of gardening in an open prison.

It's waaaay too complex a thing to give quick reactions to.

That moment where the cute blonde lifeguard singles you out and walks towards you .. Not because you're the man she's been dreaming of but because your children have undone the rope separating the swimming lanes ... Dreams crushed

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â