Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

These goddamn 'This is bob, bob is smart, be like bob' things popping up on Facebook. Someone just posted one saying 'This is Sarah. Sarah doesn't post on Facebook about how she's in hospital to gain sympathy. Sarah is smart. Be like Sarah.'

That's exactly what you're doing right now! You are literally posting on Facebook about being in hospital to garner sympathy otherwise you would not post anything at all! 

Argh :angry:

• Like 3

If people dislike Facebook so much, come off it! I've been off it 2 years and hasn't had a detrimental impact on my life. I now just waste my time in other ways!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

These goddamn 'This is bob, bob is smart, be like bob' things popping up on Facebook. Someone just posted one saying 'This is Sarah. Sarah doesn't post on Facebook about how she's in hospital to gain sympathy. Sarah is smart. Be like Sarah.'

That's exactly what you're doing right now! You are literally posting on Facebook about being in hospital to garner sympathy otherwise you would not post anything at all! 

Argh :angry:

Bill

The eponymous ‘Bill’ has been found punched to death in an alleyway.

The star of the “be like Bill” internet memes was set upon by a gang of Facebook users who became sick of being told how to live their lives by the stuck-up little stickman.

“He had it coming,” grumbled assailant, Simon Williams, from his police cell.

“I’m sick of being told which football teams to support, how to behave on the Internet, or that I shouldn’t be a dick in general.

• Like 1

In an ideal world I'd delete my Facebook but it's too useful for keeping in touch with mates from travelling and for keeping on top of fitness and nutrition stuff I'm interested in from people/companies I've actually chosen like or follow.

I know how to use Facebook. Unfortunately there's no way to avoid seeing the stuff that annoys me without unfollowing mates/family who sometimes post stuff I'm interested in seeing. As far as I'm aware there's no way of picking and choosing what you see from individual people so I can't avoid seeing when somebody likes a random person's new profile picture. I've unfollowed/unfriended plenty of people who I'm not close to and constantly post inane, attention-seeking garbage. 

54 minutes ago, gharperr said:

This trend of over the top vapes. Bore the fk off. Creates about 10X more smoke than a normal fag. Not all vapes are like this right?

Some of the devices are the size of flutes! 

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Nope, never gone anywhere near it. 

But I don't think Mooney meant us ignorant non-users, I think he meant ignorant users.

Yes, I'm sure he did. Thing is, though, I just don't get this "need" people seem to have (not talking about Mike, who is a fine fellow) to tell the flipping world about every aspect of their lives, to tell the world about their views on David Bowie, Katie Hopkins or whoever this months subject is. Or to have little imaginary ribbons or whatever to show sympathy with the latest sheep cause. Against my better judgement really, I joined linkdin and it pesters me with e mails. I'm a member of an Engineering Institution and they do the same. Loads of pesky e-mithers about conventions in Manchester, or Cumbria or wherever. Stop sending me crap, internet, or I'll pull your stupid lead out.

• Like 1

Spoiler

The be like Bill meme, a few days ago my mates missus put one up that was along the lines of "bill doesn't need to put pictures of his babies on Facebook because bill knows no one cares"

from a woman, who no joke puts up photos of her dog every day and even runs a Twitter profile for it.

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

@blandy

arent you on Twitter whose function is to tell the world about their views on David Bowie, Katie Hopkins or whoever this months subject is ?

First, I am hypocrite.

Second, Yes, the people on there that do the same thing are every bit as bad.

Third, that's not the function of it, as I use it. - I use it for the comedy ones, for real time news and sport updates and for subjects (not people - I am also misanthrope) in which I am interested - photos, tree hugging etc.

• Like 1

Facebook can be used in a similar way though .... Yeah Some of the shite on it  is very annoying , according to one of my less enlightend school friends Muslims hate Jesus ( according to the gif they shared designed to inform us about how they are taking over Europe )

but I use it to keep in touch with aqaintances I've meet on my travels , banned members of VT , remote friends and of course  family who live in Hungary ..

An ex work colleague of mine who've I've not seen since 2001 now lives in Panama and through Facebook he set me up with loads of tours at local rates rather than gringo rate and we meet up for a BBQ and his daughter and my daughter have become pen pals , which no doubt will change to Facebook once they are both older !!

6 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I don't dislike Facebook though. In fact I find it a very useful way to keep in contact with all my friends and family.

I think it's becoming increasingly redundant for that purpose with VOIP/ messenger apps.

It's no wonder they are investing so heavily in diversification (Whatsapp, Oculus etc) and will continue to do so, because Facebook (as a social network) will not last.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â