Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

THE greatest?

No, we don't know that.

He's certainly part of the conversation though.

Yep, he could be for sure. A lot of other managers could do what he has done so far. If he can prove himself in other situations then he'll earn the title as one of the best.

Bit like Jenson Button winning the F1 championship for Brawn that year, yeah fair enough you did it. But he had by far the best car. If that was his first year in F1 people might have been tempted to call him one of the best of all time too.

Edited by Genie

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And if he'd done it for 7 years in a row then people probably would have ;)

If he'd won the championship over and over in the fastest car? I doubt it.

I'd love to see Pep take over Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs and turn them into title winners. That would be impressive.

The genius Klopp doing nothing at Liverpool I see. "But it's not his side" I hear you say, can't be that good can he plodding in the middle of the table.  Managed to crock an entire first team too.

Football never learns.

Edited by Genie

On 22/01/2016 at 13:34, BOF said:

Another one car-related, although IMV this should piss me off.

It's around our NCT (your MOT).
The point of the test is to establish that a car is roadworthy, NOT that a car is pristine, showroom, perfect etc.

Scenario A.
A car with 2 brake lights goes for the test.  Both brake lights work.  This car is deemed roadworthy because it has 2 working brake lights.  Great stuff. *Other things are tested too, just go with it.

Scenario B
A car with 2 brake lights goes for the test.  Both brake lights work.  This car is deemed not roadworthy because it has 2 working brake lights and happens to have an extra 3rd brake light above the rear windscreen which is not working.

Now the safety aspect of brake lights is that people behind can see that you're braking.  Both of these cars have the same amount of functioning brake lights.  Both of these cars are equally roadworthy.  The safety element of car 2 is not affected by not having a 3rd brake light.  Car 2 fails for having something that car 1 doesn't even have.

No this didn't happen to me, before anyone asks :D 

I think the basic rule is, that if your car has it, it needs to work. Like the 3rd brake light you mention above.

I'm pretty sure its the same with ABS. If your car has it and it doesn't work (ie a warning light on) then its a failure. If your car doesn't have ABS then no problems. 

I think every car built in the last 25-30 years has had ABS :-)

Spare tyre used to catch people out, the rule used to be the same (if you have one it needs to be legal but you don't legally have to have one). Now checking it has been removed from the test.

BT Sports online stuff, it's **** awful! Trying to watch the Norwich v Liverpool game and it's constantly stopping and skipping every ten seconds. Decided to watch a stream of it instead, literally the exact same coverage and it's perfect quality and no problems at all. How can you expect to charge people for your shitty streaming when you can get the exact same coverage in much better quality for free?

Smoking ban is best thing to ever happen in England. In philss atm and it's implemented on a very few bars. It's actually disgusting. **** off. Take 15 steps outside and stop making my clothes smell like shit. Can't get over my hate for it. 

What I don't understand is surely if you're a smoker it makes your clothes smell so so so so bad. Why wouldn't you take 2 mins to smoke outside

Edited by gharperr

Discovering I have a headlamp out when I got to work, I now get to drive home on one light then get up early tomorrow afternoon to go to Halfords for a new one. Can almost guarantee I'll be stopped in the morning.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

If he'd won the championship over and over in the fastest car? I doubt it.

I'd love to see Pep take over Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs and turn them into title winners. That would be impressive.

The genius Klopp doing nothing at Liverpool I see. "But it's not his side" I hear you say, can't be that good can he plodding in the middle of the table.  Managed to crock an entire first team too.

Football never learns.

you are OVER OVER OVER OVER (i cant state this enough, very common myth with football fans) estimating how much a manager can out perform budget. To think hes not one of the greatest managers when hes getting paid 14mil+ is silly and to suggest "a lot can do it" is just plain wrong. (pretty sure hes highest paid manager? why wouldnt they appoint lambert for 2m per year if anyone can do it??) The higher in football you go, the smaller the "edges" become, which means you need to pay very big wages to managers to get that 1-5% of added equity to win the league that the manager can create. (which makes it even harder for the casual fan to realise where that added equity is coming from given its so small, but it is there)

All i can suggest is, go find me quite a few managers at the top who have out performed budget on a consistent basis? Just not going to happen. Budget > manager. if a manager out peforms budget league position just by 1, hes considered a very very very good manager. over peforming like you said (spurs/liverpool) to win title on a consistent basis is pretty much impossible in this climate

edit: please talk about long term of managers ability if you reply, instead of "rodgers got to 2nd once. therefore anyone can do it". aka variance

double edit: literally no idea how klopp has got into your post? "crock"? eh.

Edited by gharperr

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

you are OVER OVER OVER OVER (i cant state this enough, very common myth with football fans) estimating how much a manager can out perform budget. To think hes not one of the greatest managers when hes getting paid 14mil+ is silly and to suggest "a lot can do it" is just plain wrong. (pretty sure hes highest paid manager? why wouldnt they appoint lambert for 2m per year if anyone can do it??) The higher in football you go, the smaller the "edges" become, which means you need to pay very big wages to managers to get that 1-5% of added equity to win the league that the manager can create. (which makes it even harder for the casual fan to realise where that added equity is coming from given its so small, but it is there)

All i can suggest is, go find me quite a few managers at the top who have out performed budget on a consistent basis? Just not going to happen. Budget > manager. if a manager out peforms budget league position just by 1, hes considered a very very very good manager. over peforming like you said (spurs/liverpool) to win title on a consistent basis is pretty much impossible in this climate

edit: please talk about long term of managers ability if you reply, instead of "rodgers got to 2nd once. therefore anyone can do it". aka variance

double edit: literally no idea how klopp has got into your post? "crock"? eh.

Have you been drinking by any chance? That post makes little sense and there are so many holes, presumptions and inaccuracies I really do not have the time to dicect  it line by line.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Probably been mentioned before... But... Middle lane hoggers... Just move over you inconsiderate basterd... You are part of the reason that the motorway is tailed back.

I went to Heathrow with a colleague once and he was in the middle lane the entire time. He was aware people getting annoyed with him but he thought as he was cruising at 75/80 he was justified in staying in the middle when inside was empty.

He was a prick.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went to Heathrow with a colleague once and he was in the middle lane the entire time. He was aware people getting annoyed with him but he thought as he was cruising at 75/80 he was justified in staying in the middle when inside was empty.

He was a prick.

Then when people like that do move to the outside lane they are constantly pressing the brake, causing people behind them to panic at what is happening. Read the road ahead and just take your foot off the accelerator.

• Like 1

Some mong on my facebook posting some bollocks about the Guinness World Record curse.

"Everytime they announce the oldest person in the world, that person dies a few months later"

Erm, yeah, maybe that's because they're all 120 years old you silly bint!

Blocked.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Some mong on my facebook posting some bollocks about the Guinness World Record curse.

"Everytime they announce the oldest person in the world, that person dies a few months later"

Erm, yeah, maybe that's because they're all 120 years old you silly bint!

Blocked.

What an idiot 

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Have you been drinking by any chance? That post makes little sense and there are so many holes, presumptions and inaccuracies I really do not have the time to dicect  it line by line.

yes i was. XD

• Like 1

Whenever I go on there, because I've unfollowed so many people, all I seem to see is pictures of people I don't know and have never met, because someone I do know has "liked" their photo. Constant random baby photos, shit profile pictures or somebody in "paradise". Who in the **** at Facebook HQ thought that showing us everything someone else "likes" is a good idea?!

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â