Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm constantly invited to meetings by people with the invite everyone to everything mentality.

I usually attend the ones where I'm on an hourly rate and query the ones where I've agreed a set fee.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Famously, there was some survey or other which asked Americans what they were afraid of, and far more of them chose 'public speaking' than 'death', leading some wag to suggest Americans would rather be in the coffin than doing the eulogy. 

(sorry, I'm catching up)

That is one of Seinfeld's old jokes.

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

...because some people don't think when they send invites, they think at the time, 'well it would be good if he's there', when the reality is that I have nothing to contribute. If I know advance then I can make that judgement and decline it. Obviously you haven't worked with many idiots/ time wasters before. 

nah I'm just good at working out which meetings are important and not attending the ones that aren't  :D

I despise meetings. A waste of my time usually when i am better served doing my job. One particular PM would have a daily call and it got to the point where my rage was uncontrollable. Pointless meetings. 

• Like 1

Staying on the topic of meetings, people who schedule meetings over lunch yet don't provide food. Got a 12-3 meeting in my calendar next week. No lunch provided. What the **** is that about. I'm taking the smelliest food I can think of into the meeting and about 1pm, start eating it noisily 

• Like 1

I sometimes do that on purpose if I can use it to my advantage, long boring meetings, no food, no drinks, turn the heating up, you can go once you've agreed with me...

Then they'll return the favour by arranging the next meeting at some ungodly hour in the morning to piss me off

Worked from home today, which I find lonely and boring, but the reason I did is that I have self diagnosed myself as having gout!

Unbelievable pain in my foot. Was hurting yesterday but this morning, my word, absolutely agony.

Anyone else suffer with this form of 'foot aids'? 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Worked from home today, which I find lonely and boring, but the reason I did is that I have self diagnosed myself as having gout!

Unbelievable pain in my foot. Was hurting yesterday but this morning, my word, absolutely agony.

Anyone else suffer with this form of 'foot aids'? 

Yeah I had it in my big toe. It **** kills! 

How long did it last? I'm hoping to get into the office tomorrow but the way I am, there is no way I can get the train then walk to the office. I need a mobility scooter!

Getting raped on tax because my code mysteriousy got changed to "6T"

Phoned tax office and they said that's wrong we'll change it back to your old one, Now I have to wait until next month to see if they've actually done anything.

Going back to meetings for a second, does anyone else have a fear of making body noises? I've always had a phobia of either top end esophagus type gurgles or low end gut rumbles. And now plain old empty stomach rumbling.

It got to the point where I would have panic attacks in meetings because I was so conscious of it. I'd avoid meetings at all costs to the detriment of my career and even move to jobs where the meeting rooms weren't quiet.

Got over it a bit now. Having less fat seems to help but I've got an empty stomach moreso so if it's before lunch I'm generally waiting for rumbles.

Our director don't do meetings anymore. Even didn't arrange a new year one, we just had to crack on. He told me personally, he cannot handle the conflict anymore. This maybe because he is the worst communicator I have even met in his position, he just has no idea how to handle conflicts of interest, usually ends meetings early, an leaving us with unanswered issues.

Edited by foreveryoung

Other than the fact email doesn't hand out free biscuits meetings are just a waste of time ....They usually get created by people who want to look busy when they aren't..... nobody is actually paying attention due to agonisizing over the gold wrapped chocolate or the blue wrapped one from the Cadbury biscuit selection.

I just wait for the unimportant bloke in a suit to send around the  summary doc after the meeting and see any action points that may have my name against them and ignore the rest 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â