Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The modern taste for over-the-top melisma and the public's assumption that it amounts to good singing.

It's not just the melisma. There's a particular way of singing - difficult to describe, but you know it when you hear it. Both boys and girls use it. Sort of breathless, nasal, swallowing vowels, slight hint of gangsta/estuary accent. Lots of the (British) acoustic singer-songwriters come up with quite good songs, and then ruin them with THAT style of singing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

That sounds like the  Glottal Stop.

The worst culprits I've heard being heard the singer from 'The Kooks'. But It's recently become popular amongst those who I'd expect better from.

Edited by useless

55 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Would.

I once had a dream that Jessie J was my girlfriend but she wanted to keep it a secret. 

Even in my dreams, women are slightly embarrassed to be associated with me.;)

She looks awful with short hair, as most women do. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

She looks awful with short hair, as most women do. 

I don't mind women having short hair, but I do prefer longer locks. 

Your response immediately sent me scouring through the internet trying to find a rebuttal "no but there must be loads of women who look better with short hair!".

For some reason my archetypal short haired woman is Demi Moore in "Ghost" :D and even then I think she looks nicer with longer hair.

• Like 1

Christmas lights still being up at this time of year. I'd like to enjoy what's left of the cold dark damp black inky skied crisp wintery nights, without them.

Edited by useless

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Last night for my Xmas tree tonight

Took all of ours down about 4 days ago. Apart from the ones across the front of the house... so the neighbours don't think we're grumpy :D

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â