Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, blandy said:

It's just (degrees of ) introvert / extrovert basically, isn't it? 

I'm actually decidedly introvert, even if I enjoy speaking in front of people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

I'm actually decidedly introvert, even if I enjoy speaking in front of people.

Sure. I would guess though perhaps that you've got used to it and come to like it, rather than always wanted to do it? Once people realise it's no big deal, their natural shyness or whatever it's called is no longer a "problem". And most everyone likes getting a positive reaction from other people, introvert or extrovert alike.

• Like 1

dreading going back to work. its not so much the job but the people that work down there, and my work mate whos a blue nose is leaving after the first week back which im gutted about. so many people do my head in down there its unreal.

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Actually, no, not really. I've always gotten a kick out of it, to be perfectly honest, although I've certainly grown more confident.

Being introvert, as I understand it, anyway, and as I've learned to know myself, has little to do with being shy. It has more to do with a (realitive lack of) need for social stimuli, and a (relative) need for regular absence of social stimuli. 

Us introverts may appear shy and boring, and we may well be (this post is certainly evidence of my ability to bore people!) but really we only need a bit of alone time and like to think before we speak :) 

Interesting.

I would consider myself an introvert, but I definitely am shy.

I'm not confident when meeting new people, specifically in a group, so I come across as quiet and shy. 

But once I'm confident about a situation, I'm not shy. So once I'm friends with people, I'm not shy at all.

Similarly, if I know what I'm talking about, I'm not shy when speaking in front of people. I quite like it, in fact.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Interesting.

I would consider myself an introvert, but I definitely am shy.

I'm not confident when meeting new people, specifically in a group, so I come across as quiet and shy. 

But once I'm confident about a situation, I'm not shy. So once I'm friends with people, I'm not shy at all.

Similarly, if I know what I'm talking about, I'm not shy when speaking in front of people. I quite like it, in fact.

I'm more or less exactly the same. I used to think I was shy but now I tend to think it's more of a control thing. Because I'm really not shy - I'm very open, in fact, even with complete strangers - but I tend to take a step back in social settings where my role isn't defined.

Professionally, as a teacher, that's never a problem - I'm the teacher, I own the classroom. If I'm giving a speech at a wedding or whatever, again my role is defined - I'm speaking, you're listening. With my friends, the group dynamic is set. At a party, with strangers, none of those structures are in place, and there is less control over the social situation. I think introverts probably struggle with this lack of control because we're naturally more self-conscious and less spontaneous (we think too much, I guess), thus we come across as shy and indeed no fun at parties. 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I was once described as a shy extrovert by a co worker who was one of "those people" that felt she could profile everyone !!

tbh she probably wasn't far off !!

I've been called an introverted extrovert, and an extroverted introvert. 

For me to feel comfortable speaking in front of a group, I either need to not give any ****, or know that everyone in the group already has a positive opinion of me.

Bit of a narcissist, I guess.

19 hours ago, Genie said:

I've been out this morning and got the lad (6) a replacement PS3. I was amazed not only that CEX were open today but all their stuff comes with a 2 year warranty. Can't really go wrong for that alone.

Was going to put something about CEX doing you a great deal on a stolen ps3... But to b  fair to them when my house got robbed a few years back and I had ps4 games stolen the cops were straight on the phone to the store manager, he said someone had tried to sell my games that morning but they knew he was ropey and said no, phoned the cops back 20 minutes later and said same bloke had just sold those games in their Redditch store, not enough to prosecute but they do work with the police to identify thieves, they were really helpful 

Villas performances this season has completely put me off football. I used to religiously watch Soccer Saturday, the early kick off, 3pm games and the evening games. Currently I don't have the enthusiasm to even watch Villa, so other games are meaningless. Football is dying for me :(

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm at the introverted level of wanting to go and live in the woods with the squirrels.

I don't know, mate, those squirrels seem quite chatty. 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm at the introverted level of wanting to go and live in the woods with the squirrels.

i think its a smokescreen personally. 24hr dogging is probably the main reason, or maybe jumping out starkers on unsuspecting walkers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Villas performances this season has completely put me off football. I used to religiously watch Soccer Saturday, the early kick off, 3pm games and the evening games. Currently I don't have the enthusiasm to even watch Villa, so other games are meaningless. Football is dying for me :(

Happened to me years ago. Can barely even summon up the muster to care about Villa anymore. Can't remember the last time I actually watched MOTD

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â