Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

what a day yesterday was, my son got rushed into hospital because he had a fall playing on the sofa and he cracked his neck and passed out. also hes not  been too  well the last couple of days but what pissed me off was my missus. my phone has broke at the minute so she cant get intouch with me but there are ways she can get hold of me so its no big deal. yesterday at work we came off the roof at 3.15 and went the pub for a couple in stafford where we were working because we are not a loud to leave until 4 and the vans are trackered. overall there was 7 of us and id already phoned her up of my mates phone about 11 to make sure everything was ok, anyway i tried her again at half 3 and her phone was dead so i thought all was ok. about 4 our gaffer tries ringing some of the blokes but thats normal and its normal for the blokes not to answer or even hear their phone then this house number starts ringing my work colleagues phone and he thinks its the work office phone so he ignores it without saying anything to anyone, then it rings again and he mentions it but i recognise it as my house number. before i can answer it it goes dead and then rings again before i can call it back and thats when i find out my son has had a fall and needs to go to hospital.

whilst on the phone i get the same old oh your in the pub again and you carry on drinking and i'll sort our son. i cant get a word in and how the bloody hell was i meant to know he was going to have a fall, it also turned out our boss was trying to get intouch because of this as my missus got intouch with him. so im trying to explain why some of the blokes refused to pick up their phone and she wont have it and thinks i was ignoring her because i was in the boozer. what pisses me off is that she would not tell me how he was,what hospital he was going to and also said i could not come the hospital. we all rushed back and i managed to get back just in time before she left. when i got back i realised my son was ok but was just a bit dazed and she said id have to stay at home with our daughter which i refused to do because i wanted to be at the hospital. next thing i know her sister turned up to have our daughter after my missus saying she could get no one to have her so she lied there as well. i hit the roof and threating my missus because she was not telling me anything on the phone about how he was and also trying to stop me from coming the hospital all because i was in the pub having a couple of pints. we had a big row and she said im never there when the kids needs me which is utter bullshit and i said thats it we are done.

we make our way over to stafford hospital(i told her i was in stafford on phone and she could of told me to meet her there) im in the back with my son who by now is ok and we get the hospital and luckily enough hes fine and it was just how he fell which knocked him out for a few seconds. i got told it was much worse than it was by the way but either way he was ok so everyone calmed down. we made up after she apologised but its left a bitter taste in my mouth, granted ive made mistakes with him when he was first born but i quickly sorted that out and now i can proudly say im a good dad to my kids, yes not perfect for reasons most of you know about but everytime i walk through the door after work my kids are full of smiles and run up and hug me so i cant be that bad and like i said i know im a good dad to those kids. yesterday made me think that she dont value me as their dad and really thinks id rather be out on the piss which is not true. glad to say today my son is back to his old self which is all that matters.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Glad to hear your son is Ok Ruge. I'll bite my tongue on the other bits :)

im assuming your on about my missus :) i understand she was worried and emotions were running high but jesus man i was just killing an hour before we could head home. anyway back to normal now so all is good.

Pubs/bars that are far far too busy that it becomes a horrible experience having a drink there.

Was in the Lord Clifden last night, was rammed..  Not even anywhere to stand in the big beer garden without being in someone's way or being bumped. Just becomes a chore drinking. Rose Villa Tavern wasn't much better.

I like atmosphere in places and a bit of bustle but this was too much. I know its one of the busiest times of the year for drinks so last night was probably amplified. 

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I feel a Thom Yorke moment coming on, who that?

It's Drake. It's a meme basically about his cringeworthy dancing in the "Hotline Bling" video.

102015-music-drake-hotline-bling-gif-8.g

As it turns out, not many people I met on Saturday knew who it was either. Fell a bit flat :D

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's Drake. It's a meme basically about his cringeworthy dancing in the "Hotline Bling" video.

As it turns out, not many people I met on Saturday knew who it was either. Fell a bit flat :D

OK, I have heard the name, but not more than that. I feel very old about this.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

OK, I have heard the name, but not more than that. I feel very old about this.

My kids were playing some 'White Stripes' on the weekend, when I commented on their sudden conversion to good music they pointed out they were being 'retro' for fun for half an hour.

White Stripes = retro.

I am old.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

My kids were playing some 'White Stripes' on the weekend, when I commented on their sudden conversion to good music they pointed out they were being 'retro' for fun for half an hour.

White Stripes = retro.

I am old.

My kid once said of Marvin Gaye, whats this shit? It made me frown to the point I did her a compilation of black artists, it remains unplayed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That's borderline racist, that is.

its massively racist, dont even start her on jazz "jazz shit". I thought playing her ode to a black man by phil lynott would be a good bridge between the delights that were going to invade her ears, no, nothing, couldnt be bothered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Bloody kids these days! We need another Vietnam, to thin their ranks out.

can you imagine never giving soul, jazz, funk or even some rock a go. I was flabbergasted, my mate said do her a tape, introduce her to some, show her that it isnt all poor rnb, it broke my heart. I have to say she has broadened her taste as she has got older as this was ten or more years ago. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â