Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

hmmm, I was going to write a line about the Beatles not really innovating much. A quick bit of online checking and it appears the first known piece of feedback used on a record was at the start of 1964's 'I feel fine'. Feedback on an electric guitar. Now that kicked off a whole lot of stuff from that point...

Cue Bicks ( we've had this discussion \ arguement before )

P.s

He lost :)

On 13/11/2015, 09:23:20, mjmooney said:

I could probably name every track on every album, plus singles and b-sides. emoji4.png

given your music taste i can see why you like 'The Who' but im surprised they are your favourite band, why are they? your obviously a huge beatles fan.

On 13/11/2015, 09:23:20, mjmooney said: I could probably name every track on every album, plus singles and b-sides. [emoji4]

given your music taste i can see why you like 'The Who' but im surprised they are your favourite band, why are they? your obviously a huge beatles fan.

Grew up with all of those 60s bands, so they all hit the spot.

I do think we need to stop immigration purely for security reasons and the fact that we cant keep letting people in. the worrying thing is that we already have sleeper cells in our country so that alone will not stop attacks.

Edited by blandy
screwed up quotes

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

If they want to ban immigration then at least leave the borders open for outbound travel, I want out of here.

you dont mean that surely, what more do you want and where else are you going to live under a tory government.

I do think we need to stop immigration purely for security reasons and the fact that we cant keep letting people in. the worrying thing is that we already have sleeper cells in our country so that alone will not stop attacks.

Why should we stop letting people in? What gives you the right to say who can and cannot come to this piece of earth in the sea? Why should anyone be turned away? Why do you think, with your history, you are above the people who happen to be born in another country?

Not loaded questions, genuinely interested buddy.

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Why should we stop letting people in? What gives you the right to say who can and cannot come to this piece of earth in the sea? Why should anyone be turned away? Why do you think, with your history, you are above the people who happen to be born in another country?

imo the country cant keep letting people in because we are a small country with an already big population and there has to be a cut off point, we cant just keep letting people in and with all the security issues now there is no better time to be careful. thing is mate i dont put myself above anyone, i am what i am and i dont pretend to be anything else. what do you mean with my history? and whats my history got to do with it anyway. really dont know what your getting at if im honest.

On 11/13/2015, 1:08:43, lapal_fan said:

... they did happen to be in an era where digitization/manipulation of sounds were possible for the first time...

Sorta. Multi track recording allowed bouncing layer after layer on to recordings, sped up, slowed down, backwards, forwards. Les Paul and Buddy Holly did a bit of this, but not as expansively. They enjoyed a greater selection of electronic toys than their forebears too.

Digitisation comes right at the end of the 70s, and there's plenty of electronically manipulated sounds from before the Beatles. It's just the material wasn't aimed at the general public. Useless posts quite a bit of this gear. Artists (like art student artists rather than musicians) experimenting with film and audio made some really whacky recordings. Before them it was people in white coats in factories and universities, designing and making things like communications devices and signal generators.

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

imo the country cant keep letting people in because we are a small country with an already big population and there has to be a cut off point, we cant just keep letting people in and with all the security issues now there is no better time to be careful. thing is mate i dont put myself above anyone, i am what i am and i dont pretend to be anything else. what do you mean with my history? and whats my history got to do with it anyway. really dont know what your getting at if im honest.

I'm not speaking for Lapal, but I presume he means the getting arrested, doing illegal substances.

Why do you deserve to live in the UK committing crimes, whereas an innocent person from another country who has never committed a crime isn't allowed to live here?

Again, not accusing you of anything, just clarifying (I think) what Lapal means.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:  

I mean your history as a person "lucky" enough to be born here. You won the birth lottery, that's it.

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said: imo the country cant keep letting people in because we are a small country with an already big population and there has to be a cut off point, we cant just keep letting people in and with all the security issues now there is no better time to be careful. thing is mate i dont put myself above anyone, i am what i am and i dont pretend to be anything else. what do you mean with my history? and whats my history got to do with it anyway. really dont know what your getting at if im honest.

I'm not speaking for Lapal, but I presume he means the getting arrested, doing illegal substances.

Why do you deserve to live in the UK committing crimes, whereas an innocent person from another country who has never committed a crime isn't allowed to live here?

Again, not accusing you of anything, just clarifying (I think) what Lapal means.

Lol, i didn't mean that, but it's an interesting point.

If i were to choose a neighbour, no offence ruge, but it wouldn't be you. You're a basket case! [emoji38]

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

fair point stefan. well yes im not what you call an angel am i but i think im a decent person(others may think not) and im not going to kill anyone, thats not saying every migrant would because thats stupid but i just think we need to be very careful for the sake of innocent people and if that means upsetting a few innocent people trying to get into our country then thats the way its going to have to be until we have got some order. migration has been going on since man could travel and i dont think migration is all negative as a lot of good has come from it but yet again i'll state that we really do need to be more vigilant which is very hard task in itself. we have all broken the law haven't we?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â