Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Where's Bicks to blow this wide open?

Asparagus to noteboks my favourite Beatles song is Helter Skelter.

Music sorta fascinates me , even though I can't play an instrument or have the first clue about how to write a song   I love hearing the construction of the various parts

this is the Bass only for Helter Skelter  .... I mean how the heck do you come up with that  ? it's not like it's the same notes over and over , there is all sorts of random bits ,pauses , different rhythms  and different notes ( excuse my technical speak any musicians out there  )

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

it's not like it's the same notes over and over

It sounds like it is. (Repeated notes & repeated phrase/theme - albeit with variations on the original)

that's probably my bad terminology (maybe key changes was the word I was looking for ?) .... but yeah the variations  , they just all seem a bit random  ... yet when you put the drums and other guitars into the mix  it all blends in perfectly (unless you are Bicks :) )

Edited by tonyh29

When someone holds the door for you... but you're about 15m away so have to do the quick step/jog thing to avoid them having to hold it for too long.

Might be a British thing.

That piss you off ?

Yes, but it shouldn't...

Now I have to run to the door to be polite.

• Like 2

When someone holds the door for you... but you're about 15m away so have to do the quick step/jog thing to avoid them having to hold it for too long.

Oh yes, the everyday tragedy of the mistimed positive public gesture - which leaves both parties in feel-good deficit. :)

• Like 3

Ah the door thing ...nothing worse than holding the door open for someone and not even getting an acknowledgment for it 

It's awful isn't it? Seems to happen more and more these days too, along with letting someone out when driving and not even getting a raised hand in thanks.

Every time the door one happens I give it the very loud and sarcastic 'Thanks! You're welcome' as they walk past.

Bunch of bad mannered, ungrateful words removed.

• Like 4

the driver in front at all traffic lights always

'ok, I'm just sat here, everything is calm. What? What's that? That light just changed colour. It's green, I was sure it was red. Oh, hang on, it's a different light. There was a red one, look it's still there, but it's gone off. There's a green one on now. I'm sure that means something? Sure, sure, sure, sure...yes! green for go. Green means go. I can go. Clutch. Ooh, still not sure that clutch is great I'll get that looked at for the MOT. In to gear. I'll waggle it all around the box first. There you go, it's in first. Ok, foot off the clutch and here we goooooo. Nope, nothing. What's wrong? Ahh, I'll just drop the hand brake, there you go, that's released now Not too fast in case that red light comes back on.'

• Like 2

That piss you off ?

Yes, but it shouldn't...

Now I have to run to the door to be polite.

Ah the door thing ...nothing worse than holding the door open for someone and not even getting an acknowledgment for it 

I must have mentioned it before cause I'm still irritated by it but I held a door open for a women who acknowledged me by saying " I'm perfectly capable of opening my own doors"

It's just the polite thing to do as far as I am concerned and I found her response flabbergasting

• Like 4

I must have mentioned it before cause I'm still irritated by it but I held a door open for a women who acknowledged me by saying " I'm perfectly capable of opening my own doors"

It's just the polite thing to do as far as I am concerned and I found her response flabbergasting

This has happened to me on a few occasions. As a serial door opener that refuses to change if anyone says anything to me good or bad my stock response is "Chivalry isn't dead yet" It usually defuses any animosity from the ungrateful and gets a smile from the more grateful. Anyway top tip done I'm guessing she was already walking through it and taking advantage of it at that point. If she was so bothered she could have waited until you let go so she could do it herself. which I would be inclined to point out to her at that moment. Which is why I now say "Chivalry isn't dead yet" although for her I might have added "Sweetheart" as a suffix just to be a knob back ;)

the driver in front at all traffic lights always

'ok, I'm just sat here, everything is calm. What? What's that? That light just changed colour. It's green, I was sure it was red. Oh, hang on, it's a different light. There was a red one, look it's still there, but it's gone off. There's a green one on now. I'm sure that means something? Sure, sure, sure, sure...yes! green for go. Green means go. I can go. Clutch. Ooh, still not sure that clutch is great I'll get that looked at for the MOT. In to gear. I'll waggle it all around the box first. There you go, it's in first. Ok, foot off the clutch and here we goooooo. Nope, nothing. What's wrong? Ahh, I'll just drop the hand brake, there you go, that's released now Not too fast in case that red light comes back on.'

BEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEP, BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. etc

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â