Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I don't want to live in a world that says we shouldn't eat meat, or sugar. Is this Cameron Britain?

I stopped eating bread with sugar in it for toast and stopped adding sugar to my morning coffee, also started drinking seltzer instead of OJ in the AM

I basically eliminated big helping of sugar from my daily diet. I ended up losing weight, just shedding pounds, about 10 in total.

So sugar can go do one, IFAIC

The weight loss is down to consuming fewer calories. The same would've happened if you'd reduced intake of any other food stuff. But as sugar has very little nutritional value, it's a good place to start :)

• Like 1

Contactless is awesome.

I'm annoyed now when I find a card machine that doesn't offer it.

Actually now that you mention it.  I was amazed in America that to a great extent they still have to sign the credit card receipt rather than enter a PIN.  PIN is far from fully rolled out over there yet.  "Oh yeah, it is coming" was the response when I asked with a level of total incredulity (thinking it amazing that the little old Irishman had, in this one small way, arrived from a more advanced part of the world).

Contactless is awesome.

Actually now that you mention it.  I was amazed in America that to a great extent they still have to sign the credit card receipt rather than enter a PIN.  PIN is far from fully rolled out over there yet.  "Oh yeah, it is coming" was the response when I asked with a level of total incredulity (thinking it amazing that the little old Irishman had, in this one small way, arrived from a more advanced part of the world).

The US has always been behind the curve when it comes to banking. I remember being there in the early 90s, watching in amazement as my brother-in-law sat writing out loads of cheques (OK, checks) to pay his bills. When I asked why he didn't just set up a standing order or direct debit he explained that they didn't have such facilities. And you could only use ATMs from your own bank, no common clearing system. I assume those things have caught up by now?

When someone you know is making the biggest, and probably most expensive, mistake of their lives and they just can't see it or listen to good sensible advice 

Let me guess, your friend is going to have kid with a low down, good for nothing whore? A mate of mine did that a couple of years ago, ended up costing him a lot of money in court to get custody. 

At least I could smugly sit there and say "I told you so!".

When someone you know is making the biggest, and probably most expensive, mistake of their lives and they just can't see it or listen to good sensible advice 

Let me guess, your friend is going to have kid with a low down, good for nothing whore? A mate of mine did that a couple of years ago, ended up costing him a lot of money in court to get custody. 

At least I could smugly sit there and say "I told you so!".

Or maybe someone is thinking about buying a lower league football club? 

My mate getting married a couple of years ago. We all knew it wouldn't work, Result? Didn't work and now he's skint

My mate getting married a couple of years ago. We all knew it wouldn't work, Result? Didn't work and now he's skint

I think a lot of us will have similar stories to tell.

Mate of mine was working in India and married (to a local) within 10 months of arriving there. First time I met her was the day before the wedding and I saw it straight away. She's taken him for a ride, spent all his money and now there's nothing left, she's telling him he has to leave and she's having the house. She's also saying he has to pay for the kids to go to boarding school as she doesn't want to look after them. She's told him she never loved him and only married him because her dad told her to. She goes out whenever she wants but won't allow him out ever. She even tried to give me the come-on too - she's that desperate to spite him.

Poor bloke knows he made a big mistake now and wishes someone had warned him off but as he was overseas, nobody could see it coming.

Mate of mine was working in India and married (to a local) within 10 months of arriving there. First time I met her was the day before the wedding and I saw it straight away. She's taken him for a ride, spent all his money and now there's nothing left, she's telling him he has to leave and she's having the house. She's also saying he has to pay for the kids to go to boarding school as she doesn't want to look after them. She's told him she never loved him and only married him because her dad told her to. She goes out whenever she wants but won't allow him out ever. She even tried to give me the come-on too - she's that desperate to spite him.

Poor bloke knows he made a big mistake now and wishes someone had warned him off but as he was overseas, nobody could see it coming.

Short of physically stopping someone, where do you draw the line?

I witnessed some very bad racism this weekend, after work there was a black guy standing beside a sausage wagon eating a sausage and some mashed potatos, when a guy walks by him and takes his sausage and throws it on the ground and says that black guys should be eating bananas and not sausages...

Where was this?

My home town in sweden

The chav woman giving it the talking down treatment to the British Embassy rep as Sharm airport on sky news   .. yes we know you want to get back to get your dole cheque love , but it's hardly his fault is it

UK Ambassador Faces Angry Tourists

People just can't behave can they? I had a 44 hour delay from Sharm the other year due to a broken down plane and people were just losing their shit. If I was the Embassy rep, I'd make sure she was on the last flight home. Its not an ideal situation but behave with a bit of dignity and decorum 

• Like 2

Your mates needs to stand up for himself and tell her the lay of the land. I laughed in exasperation at the phrase that she won't let him go out! Is he a man or mouse? my mates story is depressingly similar though. They met in a bar in Saigon, where we were on a lads holidays. She is a Filipino and apparently was working in Vietnam as a teacher. I had my suspicions as they met in a well known pick-up bar frequented by freelance hookers. Anyway they spent the rest of the holiday together (Thailand and Singapore - he paid for her to come along - amazing she had no problem getting time off work!). He proposed by the end of the holiday and told us on a night out in Clarke Quay, Singapore (she'd gone back to Vietnam that day) and we laughed until we realised he was serious 

Anyway, back in the UK, they 'skyped' every day. She soon quit her 'job' and moved back to Manila. She demanded his email / facebook logins so she could keep an eye on him and make sure he was behaving himself. She also demanded he skyped her every night a couple of times without failure, meaning he could never have a night out as she would go crazy at him. 6 months go on and he flys out to Manila and they get married over there (all paid for by him of course). I'm not sure but I think he was sending her money as well. Then he began the process of bringing her over to the UK, which happened and then she was soon pregnant and had their daughter, thus strengthening her claims for permanent residency here. As expected the romance cooled and now they barely speak, although due to monetary constraints they still live together but he works days and she works nights. He pays for the rent, bills and nursery and is always skint. 

He loves his daughter and she is the only shining light to come out of this depressing situation, which was all too easy to predict. 

Contactless is awesome.

The US has always been behind the curve when it comes to banking. I remember being there in the early 90s, watching in amazement as my brother-in-law sat writing out loads of cheques (OK, checks) to pay his bills. When I asked why he didn't just set up a standing order or direct debit he explained that they didn't have such facilities. And you could only use ATMs from your own bank, no common clearing system. I assume those things have caught up by now?

Simply mental stoneage backwardsness over here. 

The whole chip&pin thing, well, see in the of the land of the free we don't need no god damn pin, so it's just the chip, i.e., swipe and sign as before. Banks refused to implement the PIN aspect of it due to some bs reason or other, all boils down to cost on their end... mental.

Transferring money online between banks is just about almost functioning now, sometimes... For paying bills, your best bet is via CC and then sort out the CC payment via the archaic ACH clearing system.

Edited by villakram

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â