Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

There are degrees of processing though.  Short of killing a live animal and feasting on its innards, everything you buy has gone through a process.  The very least of which will have involved adding colour and/or water to it in some way or another.  It doesn't have to be sandwich ham or a sausage.

I'd just like to clarify that I haven't stopped eating meat off the back of the WHO's announceement because unlike many, I understand how their ridiculous ranking system works, and how they've caused so much unnecessary confusion that they're now trying to undo. 

• Like 1

People who use their mobile phone in the quiet zone on the train, despite their being signs on every window and door, and announcements from the driver. They always seem to have the worlds loudest, crappiest ringtones as well........knob jockeys.

There are degrees of processing though.  Short of killing a live animal and feasting on its innards, everything you buy has gone through a process.  The very least of which will have involved adding colour and/or water to it in some way or another.  It doesn't have to be sandwich ham or a sausage.

I'd just like to clarify that I haven't stopped eating meat off the back of the WHO's announceement because unlike many, I understand how their ridiculous ranking system works, and how they've caused so much unnecessary confusion that they're now trying to undo. 

and I haven't stopped eating meat on the back of the WHO's announcement as frankly they are speaking a load of bollocks

You need to find a butcher.

• Like 1

and I haven't stopped eating meat on the back of the WHO's announcement as frankly they are speaking a load of bollocks

Or the media has massively misreported/misrepresented the findings. Shocking, I know. 

On a related note, the demonisation of sugar really grinds my gears. There is nothing inherently harmful about sugar. It's certainly not the poison it's being made out to be by some "experts". Just like everything else, it's the amounts that count. Jamie Oliver is a **** moron. Superfoods my arse. 

Sugar isn't harmful in it's own way (as such) ..it's when they combine it with other foods that the problems start

the TV show I watched they feed rats nothing but cream for 3 weeks in unlimited quantities  ... the cream being rather bland the rats  ate what they needed to survive and nothing more

then they repeated the exercise with feeding them nothing but sugar for 3 weeks  .... again the rats just ate what they needed to survive

then they combined the two together  .. the rats gorged on it non stop and became obese ....  which was probably rather handy as the lab had some miracle weight loss pills to test   

He's not wrong. You've not seen the news about processed meat being confirmed as a carcinogen?

Bananas are a much healthier option.

I dont eat meat very often and if i do, i definatley dont eat processed meat.

Exactly. The man is a saint.

I just like to eat healthy, i prefer food that gives me energy and not food that makes me tired.

Sugar isn't harmful in it's own way (as such) ..it's when they combine it with other foods that the problems start

the TV show I watched they feed rats nothing but cream for 3 weeks in unlimited quantities  ... the cream being rather bland the rats  ate what they needed to survive and nothing more

then they repeated the exercise with feeding them nothing but sugar for 3 weeks  .... again the rats just ate what they needed to survive

then they combined the two together  .. the rats gorged on it non stop and became obese ....  which was probably rather handy as the lab had some miracle weight loss pills to test   

Mmmmm... cake....

I eat chicken and fish regularly but red meat perhaps once a week.

That said, I regularly have a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch.

Am I as good as dead?

You are gone pal, no need to saving for a pension.

Edited by Ikantcpell

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â