Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

So we have Thousand Island, Marie Rose & Seafood Sauce...are they all the same?

I think seafood sauce is Marie Rose sauce - it's what you get in a prawn cocktail (oooer on a football site, Roy Keane will be fuming). They're all based off a tomato sauce and mayo base, but the others add other spicings and ingredients to it to mix it up.

Marie Rose is literally tomato sauce and mayo. Thousand Island adds in stuff like vinegar, Worcester Sauce, mustard etc to give it a bit more tang, it tends to be quite thin too (it's a salad dressing at the end of the day).

EDIT - I'd put money on Hellmans Burger Sauce being similar to these 2 but not exactly the same, but probably along the same lines - tomato sauce, mayo, and some spicier racier ingredients to give it some oomph. You could probably knock up your own a few minutes with some stuff from the cupboard

Ive seen it about, but have always been sceptical that it wouldnt be as good. Will give it a try on your say so at some point.

I've never tried the Baron version so I have no idea whether Encona is better or worse but it's definitely VERY hot ! .

So we have Thousand Island, Marie Rose & Seafood Sauce...are they all the same?

I think seafood sauce is Marie Rose sauce - it's what you get in a prawn cocktail (oooer on a football site, Roy Keane will be fuming). They're all based off a tomato sauce and mayo base, but the others add other spicings and ingredients to it to mix it up.

Marie Rose is literally tomato sauce and mayo. Thousand Island adds in stuff like vinegar, Worcester Sauce, mustard etc to give it a bit more tang, it tends to be quite thin too (it's a salad dressing at the end of the day).

EDIT - I'd put money on Hellmans Burger Sauce being similar to these 2 but not exactly the same, but probably along the same lines - tomato sauce, mayo, and some spicier racier ingredients to give it some oomph. You could probably knock up your own a few minutes with some stuff from the cupboard

fullZZZZZZTVW040322234018PIC.jpg

Thats it and it was amazing.

Im going to experiment and i will report my findings.

Ketchup + mayo + paprika = ???

Paprika is tastless, it's just a colouring.

:| It's dried ground sweet pepper. Not flavourless at all. Rub some on a chicken breast and cook it in the oven and tell me it doesn't make it a whole lot better.

Paprika is tastless, it's just a colouring.

:| It's dried ground sweet pepper. Not flavourless at all. Rub some on a chicken breast and cook it in the oven and tell me it doesn't make it a whole lot better.

It's shit!

Cayenne Pepper, now you've got some zing.

It's shit!

Cayenne Pepper, now you've got some zing.

They're different things. Both have their place though. I'm partial to either of them but if you're going for cayenne you may aswell go the whole hog and either use some habanero tabasco or some chili powder. No point faffing about with half measures.

No worries, enjoy the experiment. You could stumble on the next Reggae Reggae Sauce. Wiggy Wiggy Sauce?

According to mySupermarket.co.uk, Tesco still sell a Hellmann's Burger Sauce, but it's not a squeezy bottle.

On the condiments note, I bloody love barbeque sauce, the best I've ever had is Cattlemans, which I'm fairly sure is only sold in Waitrose :(. But it's bloody gorgeous.

The things that cheer you up thread just reminded me of a really good "thing that annoys me but shouldn't", when you're at the pool or beach on holiday and a woman in your eye line (across the pool for example) goes topless. Of course its generally a great sight, but because she is right ahead of me I have to go out of my way to look like I'm NOT perving on her.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â