Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just been informed that a root canal treatment I had about a year ago has failed. Now I'm climbing the walls in agony with enough painkillers to kill an elephant.

Either a 2nd RCT or extraction awaits, but Ive got to wait a week while on a course of anti-biotics while experiencing pain like no other.

As it happens Meath, I was thinking of that "J. R. Hartley" advert yesterday and wondered how many would get the reference now.

A couple of years ago at work, I was being compared to Victor Meldrew by my one colleague and our 18 year old trainee had literally no idea who he was.

Have they never seen Father Ted? :o

That reminds me I used the line "Do you have  book on fly fishing by J .R.Hartley"..the shop assistant had not a clue what I was on about 

Not as good as asking if they have a copy of "How to deal with disappointment without resorting to violence".

Or: "Do you have 'Teach Yourself to Read'?"

Or "Ethel the Aardvark Goes Quantity Surveying"

• Like 1

Just been informed that a root canal treatment I had about a year ago has failed. Now I'm climbing the walls in agony with enough painkillers to kill an elephant.

Either a 2nd RCT or extraction awaits, but Ive got to wait a week while on a course of anti-biotics while experiencing pain like no other.

How the hell will you manage for a week?

Pull that **** out ....the dentist only does root canals to line his own pocket with cash 

I remember going in for a light filling & he totally **** it up, the next day just breathing had me in major pain, so I went back he took the filling out and said it will probably need a root canal, I told him he could pull it out & suddenly his advise was to but in this type of temporary filling to sooth the gum and then refill .....that magically did the job  

I really not sure if ill be able to get to sleep tonight. The whole side of my face feels like its been smashed with a bat. Is morphine available over the counter?

Yes but only the counter at one of those special pharmacies - the ones with the reinforced metal doors in a local tower block requiring some sort of special knock to confirm you're an actual customer and not 'Five-0'.

• Like 1

A cocktail of over the counter drugs are taking the edge off it. I'm hoping the anti-biotics will kick in soon and reduce the infection. After watching several youtube videos of tooth extraction it looks like nothing has changed in 1000yrs. I wouldn't be surprised if the dentist  puts his knee on my shoulder for leverage while he is tugging with a pair of pliers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dentist  puts his knee on my shoulder for leverage while he is tugging with a pair of pliers.

My dentist did that to me once, yanking out the biggest tooth he'd ever seen he said. It was the size of a thumb.

My dentist extracted 6 of my teeth once... with no anaesthetic. 
He said it would be easier because I wouldn't have a numb face all night.

They were only baby teeth, but it was the most painful and harrowing experience of my life.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dentist  puts his knee on my shoulder for leverage while he is tugging with a pair of pliers.

My dentist did that to me once, yanking out the biggest tooth he'd ever seen he said. It was the size of a thumb.

That was your winky lololololololololololololol.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â