Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Hhmmm, I wonder how many times I'm going to have to mention I don't follow rugby to the person sat next to me before they get the message and stop trying to engage me in a conversation about rugby. Three or four times now I've said I have no idea as I don't follow it at all, but the monologue continues, with the occasional question to me to try and get me involved.

Casual racism, that's what it is.

• Like 4

Hhmmm, I wonder how many times I'm going to have to mention I don't follow rugby to the person sat next to me before they get the message and stop trying to engage me in a conversation about rugby. Three or four times now I've said I have no idea as I don't follow it at all, but the monologue continues, with the occasional question to me to try and get me involved.

just out of curiosity hows the rugby getting on?

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Call it egg-chasing, they love that. 

say you prefer Rugby League as that is a proper sport 

could never get into union but rugby league i was a massive fan at one point, was a big st helens fan and used to go to the saints v wigan games on boxing day with my uncle who was a big wigan fan. used to love rugby league but like cricket i drifted out of it and it pisses me off a bit because all i have now is football and that pisses me off.

• Like 1

a wedding invite i got today that read after the time and date

"please dont buy us gift cards or presents for the wedding, we dont need anything as we already have our own house and utensils, however we would appreciate money towards our holiday honeymoon"

those **** are getting a toaster and be **** pleased with it. the **** cheek

Whilst reading that I actually thought that they sounded like incredibly nice people. I even thought maybe it was going to read "However we would appreciate money going to charity"

I have just been told by my girlfriend though that its common practice these days apparently. I think it should also be common practice to give them an orange and a slap round the face.

It's very commonplace now. Although it's usually worded a bit more subtly than jim's invite. Something like:

"The most important thing is that you join us for our special day, but if you do wish to buy us a gift then some money towards our honeymoon would be greatly appreciated"

is what I see in most invites these days.

"please dont buy us gift cards or presents for the wedding, we dont need anything as we already have our own house and utensils, however we would appreciate money towards our holiday honeymoon"

Whilst reading that I actually thought that they sounded like incredibly nice people. I even thought maybe it was going to read "However we would appreciate money going to charity"

I have just been told by my girlfriend though that its common practice these days apparently. I think it should also be common practice to give them an orange and a slap round the face.

It's very commonplace now. Although it's usually worded a bit more subtly than jim's invite. Something like:

"The most important thing is that you join us for our special day, but if you do wish to buy us a gift then some money towards our honeymoon would be greatly appreciated"

I suppose it is possible to take them exactly at their word.:)

my partners brother got married last year in cyprus which i refused to go to for a couple of reasons(she went with my eldest) and they done the same by asking for money instead of gifts. my first reaction was that it was a bit rude but i suppose if you just want money instead of gifts then just tell people and thats what you will get but its not something id ask for.

We got married abroad last year, and told people we didn't want anything unless they absolutely wanted to give us something because of tradition (some people don't want to take no for an answer). As they'd travelled to Greece for our wedding we actually gave them presents instead.  Everyone got a welcome bag with a few things in it - hangover remedies, some toiletries, a couple of CDs we'd made ourselves with music that reminded us of things we'd done with the guests.  We laid on a free bar for most of the night too.

Bloody expensive gig that turned out to be. Wish I'd asked for cash after all...

• Like 1

I still honestly can't see what's wrong with it.

absolutely nothing, as long as it's worded the right  way, as Ben suggests above. On the whole, people getting married are putting a lot of time, effort and money into the day, usually into a good few thousand quid. The food, party, entertainment, and usually the booze, will all be free.

When viewed from that perspective, lobbing the happy couple £20-30 or so doesn't seem too outrageous, if say they've spent all their money on the wedding reception and don't have enough to go on a decent honeymoon. An attitude of "I'm buying you a toaster/figurine/other shit gift you don't need. Be happy with it you ungrateful gits" seem selfish, ignorant and childish.  

• Like 2

I still honestly can't see what's wrong with it.

absolutely nothing, as long as it's worded the right  way, as Ben suggests above. On the whole, people getting married are putting a lot of time, effort and money into the day, usually into a good few thousand quid. The food, party, entertainment, and usually the booze, will all be free.

When viewed from that perspective, lobbing the happy couple £20-30 or so doesn't seem too outrageous, if say they've spent all their money on the wedding reception and don't have enough to go on a decent honeymoon. An attitude of "I'm buying you a toaster/figurine/other shit gift you don't need. Be happy with it you ungrateful gits" seem selfish, ignorant and childish.  

Agreed, you also don't want to have to transport all that useless tat back home then have to sort it out. Nothing wrong with just asking for money.

Totally fine do ask for the ££ but has to be worded properly like the above. 

It's a long time ago, but when I / we got married we basically had most of the day as presents from people.

Wedding rings were at absolute cost price from a mate in the jewellery trade. Wedding dress material supplied free. Cake made by friends trying to set themselves up as a cake business. Cars, photos, disco, all sorts of things paid for or done by friends and family. Even a couple of coaches to ship everyone to and from the evening venue.

So the day cost us hardly anything. Which meant we were able to buy a house! Wasn't worth having the nice prezzies to put in it, we had to put a roof on it first.

But you got married in Barry.

Get 5* treatment, 2 photographers, 8 minute wedding ceremony (that isnt tacky), limos to wherever you want, a cake, 5* cuisine for the sit down and then a helicopter trip to a world wonder for a champagne picnic for less than 2500 quid.

In Fabulous Las Vegas!

???? oh look, I'm talking about it again

(The wonder was to the Grand Canyon, and i can confirm, it is grand).

But you got married in Barry.

Get 5* treatment, 2 photographers, 8 minute wedding ceremony (that isnt tacky), limos to wherever you want, a cake, 5* cuisine for the sit down and then a helicopter trip to a world wonder for a champagne picnic for less than 2500 quid.

In Fabulous Las Vegas!

???? oh look, I'm talking about it again

(The wonder was to the Grand Canyon, and i can confirm, it is grand).

Don't get me wrong I love Vegas and no offence intended  but I think I'd picked Chris'sss version of the wedding to be honest

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â