Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People (well, its almost always men) who drink early in the day. 

Went to a pub today at 10am for a full English and a coffee and there was at least 10 blokes in there drinking pints of lager or Guinness. Some on their own, some with their partner. The age range was from 20's to 60's at a guess. Who on earth wants a pint of San Miguel or Carling at 10am?

Weekends or a day off is acceptable, also when you are on holiday or in the airport waiting to go on holiday

It would be great if the dislike button on Facebook was anonymous 

I still think a "nobody gives a flying ****" button would be better.

"Picture #543627736355241 of my baby"

NOBODY GIVES A FLYING ****

Man I'd love that.

Huge Facebook purge completed. Colleagues have been relegated to 'See profile picture and can message me'. Only trusted friends can see what I post and all retards removed from my friends list.

Feels good.

What does annoy me though is that it would be difficult to come off the platform completely because a lot on my friends use the messenger service as default.

What does annoy me though is that it would be difficult to come off the platform completely because a lot on my friends use the messenger service as default.

I did that, prepared to deal with the consequences. I now enjoy a life in blissful isolation :)

(In all seriousness, I find that it's perfectly possible to keep in touch with the world through texts and emails, with the added bonus of not having to suffer the minutae of everyone's everyday life.) 

• Like 2

I did that, prepared to deal with the consequences. I now enjoy a life in blissful isolation [emoji4]

(In all seriousness, I find that it's perfectly possible to keep in touch with the world through texts and emails, with the added bonus of not having to suffer the minutae of everyone's everyday life.) 

Same here, I closed off a few channels of communication and people eventually got the idea. Text or WhatsApp, that's it, if I get a message on FB (prior to closing account), Skype, Twitter or Email it's ignored.

Keep your inboxes to the bare minimum, it just gives you more to think about otherwise

a wedding invite i got today that read after the time and date

"please dont buy us gift cards or presents for the wedding, we dont need anything as we already have our own house and utensils, however we would appreciate money towards our holiday honeymoon"

those **** are getting a toaster and be **** pleased with it. the **** cheek

Whilst reading that I actually thought that they sounded like incredibly nice people. I even thought maybe it was going to read "However we would appreciate money going to charity"

I have just been told by my girlfriend though that its common practice these days apparently. I think it should also be common practice to give them an orange and a slap round the face.

It would be great if the dislike button on Facebook was anonymous 

Maybe an option to be anonymous yes. I think people on there need to be told that they are acting like pricks though more often. 

For example I don't use it anymore but I had to login the other (4oD) so I had a ganders. First message I got was "Join the NO MOSQUE IN TAMWORTH" group. 

Facebook needs more than a dislike button, its needs a "You were thick as shit in school and it seems like nothing changed" button.

a wedding invite i got today that read after the time and date

"please dont buy us gift cards or presents for the wedding, we dont need anything as we already have our own house and utensils, however we would appreciate money towards our holiday honeymoon"

those **** are getting a toaster and be **** pleased with it. the **** cheek

my partners brother got married last year in cyprus which i refused to go to for a couple of reasons(she went with my eldest) and they done the same by asking for money instead of gifts. my first reaction was that it was a bit rude but i suppose if you just want money instead of gifts then just tell people and thats what you will get but its not something id ask for.

Standard practice to give cash instead of presents at weddings these days.

I can see how some could consider it rude, but I think it makes sense and at least a cash present removes the headache of what to buy them. 

Otherwise it's a present off a pre determined list from John Lewis or Bhs.

I never give anyone a present off a list or cash, just wrong. They get a daft ornament that I expect to see on display the next time I visit by surprise

We just had our 25th wedding anniversary - now, anyone that remotely knows what we have consistently liked for our 30 years together knows we don't do clutter or ornaments. Anyone that has been to our house knows it's a little bit minimal, not sparse, but not crowded with tat or chintz. There are regular culls. The only thing we have a lot of is bookshelves full of books, so people understand how intellectual we are.

So, having had our 25th (we celebrated with a bottle of fizz and a giant box of maltesers and a dvd of world war Z) we now have a cupboard full of the worst **** schmaltzy tat in the world. Bad enough to give a silver picture frame to a house where every picture frame is currently Ikea mid brown, but these are silver made up of lots of silver flowers. We have a candle holder about a foot high with a mirror behind it, with flowers etched on the mirror. A figurine of an abstract of two people dancing, on a silver and mirror base, where the merry **** did they get dancing from as an inspiration? Something else tall and silver and glass you can put another candle in. Some sort of glass jug, with silver flowers and stars on it. One more silver picture frame, but really big, A3 size, with like diamante crystal stuff sprinkled on it. I love these people and it must have cost a fortune, there's boxes and boxes of the stuff.

Thanks everyone, you nailed our taste completely. None of it will ever see the light of day again. Not until some friends have a 25th anniversary anyway.

• Like 1

I never give anyone a present off a list or cash, just wrong. They get a daft ornament that I expect to see on display the next time I visit by surprise

We just had our 25th wedding anniversary - now, anyone that remotely knows what we have consistently liked for our 30 years together knows we don't do clutter or ornaments. Anyone that has been to our house knows it's a little bit minimal, not sparse, but not crowded with tat or chintz. There are regular culls. The only thing we have a lot of is bookshelves full of books, so people understand how intellectual we are.

So, having had our 25th (we celebrated with a bottle of fizz and a giant box of maltesers and a dvd of world war Z) we now have a cupboard full of the worst **** schmaltzy tat in the world. Bad enough to give a silver picture frame to a house where every picture frame is currently Ikea mid brown, but these are silver made up of lots of silver flowers. We have a candle holder about a foot high with a mirror behind it, with flowers etched on the mirror. A figurine of an abstract of two people dancing, on a silver and mirror base, where the merry **** did they get dancing from as an inspiration? Something else tall and silver and glass you can put another candle in. Some sort of glass jug, with silver flowers and stars on it. One more silver picture frame, but really big, A3 size, with like diamante crystal stuff sprinkled on it. I love these people and it must have cost a fortune, there's boxes and boxes of the stuff.

Thanks everyone, you nailed our taste completely. None of it will ever see the light of day again. Not until some friends have a 25th anniversary anyway.

I don't get the whole giving someone a present for being married for so long. I mean it's nothing to do with anyone else, well done for sticking by each other like, but you're getting **** all from me :P

• Like 1

Still, at least your sorted for donations to church fetes and tombolas and all of that stuff for the rest of your lives. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â