Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Feel your pain.

I'm 6'5. The amount of dirty looks I've got on public transport because it looks like I'm intentionally moving my legs to cover the seat next to me to stop someone from sitting next me, when I actually can't fit my legs in any other way!

It sounds like the issue of 'Man spreading' was invented to harass the likes of you.:)  

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

To be honest, if you want to be freaklishly tall and lord it over the tops of us average people's heads then you deserve a bit of discomfort. Bloody tall people.

who said that?

ha ha! look down there, it's like one of the Krankies!

Hopefully public transport is a temporary inconvenience, how much should an automatic gearbox for a Mercedes cost? Doesn't sound like a very expensive item to me? Bloody thing has only done a quarter of a million miles.

• Like 1

I am one of those people smirking in the vestibules when casual day trippers complain on trains, you think this is bad I think, although in all fairness, Arriva branded trains are figurative cattle transportation, terribly packed on the route near us, usually have to stop people getting on. 

In the past 5 years I lost 6 stone, wife has been on a diet with me but in all fairness as there is a bottle of wine sat in the fridge she doesn't adhere to it as strictly as me. Now food and drink I go mental at the weekend but in the seek work hard to maintain my weight. **** wife has started going rogue with the food, adding bought sauces to food, adding meat when it shouldn't have meat. We will row about this tonight. 

• Like 1

Having one of those weeks were you have a difficult fractious day, people getting irritated and the annoyance in yourself building, but you leave having cleared the slate and you get home and plonk yourself down and have a big sigh and chill. 

And then you come in the next day to discover a whole new drama that's getting people upset and adds new wrinkles to the whole difficult situation and the whole thing starts again...

Edited by Chindie

30 minute dumps. Had a whole roast chicken smothered in naga sauce last night. I should know better really buy it tastes so good. Anyway at work now on my mobile in the disabled loo, been here since 9:55 and my legs have gone numb and my arse is on fire. Still better than doing work :D

• Like 3

In the past 5 years I lost 6 stone, wife has been on a diet with me but in all fairness as there is a bottle of wine sat in the fridge she doesn't adhere to it as strictly as me. Now food and drink I go mental at the weekend but in the seek work hard to maintain my weight. **** wife has started going rogue with the food, adding bought sauces to food, adding meat when it shouldn't have meat. We will row about this tonight. 

When should a meal not contain meat ?I'm intrigued. 

• Like 3

When should a meal not contain meat ?I'm intrigued. 

Obviously all meals should contsain meat, that aside, I am on slimming world and one of its basics is say something like a vegetable stir fry, we usually have quorn in it, chicken made it in last night, a chick pea curry will have lamb in, stuff like that, which isnt as serious as say adding a bought sauce. I baloon with my weight genuinely can put on 5lbs very easily so on the whole, i watch what i eat, aside from thursday friday and saturday, but thats why I try hard during the week. We didnt row though in the end.

• Like 1

That's how I do it too.

I think there are reasons why breaking your diet up with a cheat day works in terms of metabolism.

But for me it's sanity. I find it easier to diet in the week if I've got a cheat day to look forward to.

Re: cheat days, I would be cautious. I'm currently trying to change my diet and lifestyle as a matter of urgency after a medical diagnosis. At first, I thought it would work best if I had a 'cheat day', but what I found was that I would eat more than I needed to to feel full and would then wake up the next day hungrier. What's more, it always felt like a burden to return to my lunch of salad and water, and I ended up resenting my diet for the rest of the week. My current strategy is to eat white meats - and even some red meat - in moderation. I also aim not to eat chocolate or other reward food, but don't berate myself if I end up in a situation eating something like that. It seems to me though that budgeting a day for reward food encourages you to view it as a prize. 

On a related note, I've recently read a psychological study which suggested that dividing food into two camps, good=healthy and bad=unhealthy, simply increases both desire for the food labelled 'bad' and also shame after giving in to temptation. I've come to the conclusion, for me anyway, that the best diet is the healthiest one that you can reasonably expect to stick to without hating food, yourself, or everything else. 

At the end of the day you need to do what works for you. If cheat days don't work for you then just don't do them.

They work for me because I restrict what I eat during the week. So being hungrier doesn't really effect me. I still won't eat anything that isn't in my diet.

If you're just "cutting back", i.e. not actively tracking what it is you're eating, then it may not be the best idea.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â