Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Viral videos initially posted to show the world what a great **** person you are. For example, I've seen loads of people 'liking' and 'sharing' a video recently of some Californian guy talking about how he was accepting his son who chose a Little Mermaid doll from the toy shop. That's all well and good but if he was such a top dude then surely he wouldn't feel the need to post a video telling everyone how awesome he is? The fact he did makes him a rocket polisher IMO.

• Like 2

Viral videos initially posted to show the world what a great **** person you are. For example, I've seen loads of people 'liking' and 'sharing' a video recently of some Californian guy talking about how he was accepting his son who chose a Little Mermaid doll from the toy shop. That's all well and good but if he was such a top dude then surely he wouldn't feel the need to post a video telling everyone how awesome he is? The fact he did makes him a rocket polisher IMO.

Agreed.

Similar to the people who video themselves giving stuff to the homeless.

BY all means, give stuff to the homeless. Don't put it on facebook though. Do it because it's the right thing to do.

• Like 2

Agreed.

Similar to the people who video themselves giving stuff to the homeless.

BY all means, give stuff to the homeless. Don't put it on facebook though. Do it because it's the right thing to do.

to some extent you could argue everything that goes on Facebook / social media is a little bit about showing the world how awesome you are   , be it I'm sitting in a bath of baked beans to raise money because I'm so awesome , to I'm in this country by a beach drinking a bottle of wine because I'm awesome to my 5 year old kids got all straight A's and is destined to save the planet and clearly I'm awesome because I made him / her

it's a way of life now and not something that pisses me off as I'm one of those that chose to embrace living some of my life through social media ...

but giving people the benefit of the doubt the food video may just encourage someone else to give food to a homeless person so that's a good use of social media  .. videoing your co-ordinated wedding dance video that you and 427 friends spent 6 months rehearsing is a bad use of social media

Edited by tonyh29

That's a fair point. If it's encouraging others to give to the homeless or whatever then great.

But a lot of them seem to just be "look how great I am!"

Which is fine when it's pictures of a holiday or your new car or whatever it is you want to put up there. Social media is a big brag.

But don't exploit people or charities to do that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â