Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Getting in the passenger seat of the missus car after saying 'yes' to her question of 'shall I drive'? but only realising what a mistake I've made after its too far to go back and get in my car. Why do I never remember?

Please don't tell me you let her drive to a location which didn't involve you drinking and subsequently not able to drive home? Wow, schoolboy error.

My wife drove us back from a wedding party last night in my car, 95% of the journey in 3rd gear... so hard not to mention it.

If you can't safely play 45 minutes in the UK then the Qatar World Cup could kill someone.

I mean an actual player, obviously. I know it's already killed hundreds of construction workers.

Possibly supporters to, especially is Scotland qualify. Actually, scrub that.

That Paris train story from yesterday. Am I alone in thinking that sounded an awful like a fairly cackhanded stunt to the end of improving American sentiment towards their military? 'Go Spencer'. Spewed from the laziest hollywood hack. With the amount of money America spend on their military, for them to orchestrate something like that doesn't really sound beyond the realms of possibility. Pretty cheap stunt that improves how the world look at American military, and moreso gives everyone at home the old 'America **** yeah'. I'm not making my tinfoil hat just yet, but I just think it's a strong possibility. Everything about it. Even the French guy injuring himself while trying to pull the emergency alarm. 'We Americans get the job done. Yeehaw'

No I'm not alone, or no you're not even willing to entertain the idea?

Edit: Or the third option, you thought your short pithy answer would gain you a bucket load of internet points. 

Edited by YLN

That Paris train story from yesterday. Am I alone in thinking that sounded an awful like a fairly cackhanded stunt to the end of improving American sentiment towards their military? 'Go Spencer'. Spewed from the laziest hollywood hack. With the amount of money America spend on their military, for them to orchestrate something like that doesn't really sound beyond the realms of possibility. Pretty cheap stunt that improves how the world look at American military, and moreso gives everyone at home the old 'America **** yeah'. I'm not making my tinfoil hat just yet, but I just think it's a strong possibility. Everything about it. Even the French guy injuring himself while trying to pull the emergency alarm. 'We Americans get the job done. Yeehaw'

Yeah, but if they had been Chelsea fans he wouldn't have even got on the train.

• Like 4

The horrible plane crash yesterday and all people want to do is take photos so they can update their facebooks and instagrams so they can show off

_85134860_jprowe7.jpg

Idiots. 

I don't think so. Sounded to me as though they averted a much bigger incident. 

Getting in the passenger seat of the missus car after saying 'yes' to her question of 'shall I drive'? but only realising what a mistake I've made after its too far to go back and get in my car. Why do I never remember?

Please don't tell me you let her drive to a location which didn't involve you drinking and subsequently not able to drive home? Wow, schoolboy error.

My wife drove us back from a wedding party last night in my car, 95% of the journey in 3rd gear... so hard not to mention it.

Yep. Why do they do that? I don't say anything though, I just grit my teeth till it's over.

Sky.

My TV/internet and phone bill went up to nearly £90 a month recently. I'd had a discount before that which made it more affordable, but I'd decided I'd cancel sky when it went back up and get my internet from a different provider and just settle with freeview tv. I barely watch TV outside of Netflix and football, and the football can be watched on less reputable sources. The speed of the internet I get from sky is "upto" 14Mb but I'm lucky if I get over 5.

Anyway, I rang them to cancel and after ages on the phone they eventually convinced me not to. BAsically they halved my bill (although I have cancelled sky sports) but given me their super fast broadband. 

They told me it was "40Mb"

I specifically asked the guy "Is it really 40Mb though? Or is it upto 40Mb and I'll actually get about 10"

"Oh no, it's actually 40Mb. The absolute minimum line speed is 36Mb so that's the lowest you'll get"

Had it two days now. Not yet got over 22Mb. Arseholes.

Non-wooden clothes hangers, why oh why. And why are they not all the same size, even the good wooden ones, why make then different sizes, how much wardrobe space am I losing because you decided to create a hanger with more of a curve

Sky.

My TV/internet and phone bill went up to nearly £90 a month recently. I'd had a discount before that which made it more affordable, but I'd decided I'd cancel sky when it went back up and get my internet from a different provider and just settle with freeview tv. I barely watch TV outside of Netflix and football, and the football can be watched on less reputable sources. The speed of the internet I get from sky is "upto" 14Mb but I'm lucky if I get over 5.

Anyway, I rang them to cancel and after ages on the phone they eventually convinced me not to. BAsically they halved my bill (although I have cancelled sky sports) but given me their super fast broadband.

I specifically asked the guy "Is it really 40Mb though? Or is it upto 40Mb and I'll actually get about 10"

"Oh no, it's actually 40Mb. The absolute minimum line speed is 36Mb so that's the lowest you'll get"

I've always wondered how they get away with that. Have you spoke to them about it?

Sky.

I've always wondered how they get away with that. Have you spoke to them about it?

Nah. I'll be ringing them tomorrow. 

Decided I'd give it the weekend to get over any teething problems there might be as it only changed over yesterday (I have no idea if there is any such thing as teething problems for a new connection but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt)

I wasn't sure about going with the new deal anyway, especially as it tied me into a new 12 month deal.

I'll be demanding it's cancelled I think. It's not what I paid for. They can't even use the "upto 40Mb" excuse as I explicitly asked about that and was told something different.

btw, and older english guy helped them and has been awarded some medal. 

i guess it could be a joint us-uk psych op

yeehaw and tally ho

Sky.

See the link in post 17/18  http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/13605-ultra-hd/page-1

Read from page 35 in the link.

I've read it. Unfortunately I read it after I signed up to the new deal from Sky. As it ties me in for 12 months I'm a bit limited.

Which is why I'll use the fact that they're not giving me what I paid for as a reason to leave

I've read it. Unfortunately I read it after I signed up to the new deal from Sky. As it ties me in for 12 months I'm a bit limited.

Which is why I'll use the fact that they're not giving me what I paid for as a reason to leave

There will be a cooling off period won't there so you could cancel? Or is that just mobiles?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â