Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

You never know, anything could happen.

My ex is now engaged to a 47 year old (she's 23, they got engaged after seeing each other for a month).

Fair play to him, if I bagged a 23 year old who looks like her when I'm 47 I'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

These things happen in strange ways!

Large age gap relationships don't usually stay the distance. This probably all seems fine at these ages but just wait until he is in his 60's and she is still only in her 40's. - the older they get the more marked the age difference becomes.

Hooray!

I hope it all blows up in her face :)

*insert obligatory sex doll quip*

You never know, anything could happen.

My ex is now engaged to a 47 year old (she's 23, they got engaged after seeing each other for a month).

Fair play to him, if I bagged a 23 year old who looks like her when I'm 47 I'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

These things happen in strange ways!

Large age gap relationships don't usually stay the distance. This probably all seems fine at these ages but just wait until he is in his 60's and she is still only in her 40's. - the older they get the more marked the age difference becomes.

Hooray!

I hope it all blows up in her face :)

I'd be very surprised if it lasted 5 years . She'll be in her late 20's and he'll be approaching the mid 50's. People will start mistaking him for her dad and then it's game over IMHO.

Good!

In the meantime I might try and shag her sister.

Good!

In the meantime I might try and shag her sister.

This works well.

Especially if your ex was insecure and didn't like the fact you got on with her sister anyway.

I also recommend her friends as well.

Yes they're asian quite fast, they're both in their mid 40s. ;)

Mike - I agree. Also they know I'm not exactly an extrovert person, but because i tend to go out a bit they assume i've got some sort of long term girlfriend (I haven't) and that I shag around (so to speak - don't either!)

I don't give a shit how old or not they were, I wasn't born in the 60's, why on earth are they asking me about bloody having kids!? I can barely look after myself!

You're right, they're wrong. On this particular issue, anyway (not necessarily on others).

My aged parents (see upthread) to their great credit never hassled me about my love life (or lack of it). And when I did have girlfriends they never went on about why I didn't bring them home, etc.

It was usually aunties and aged neighbours that did the "Are you courting?" thing. :)

Even when I got married, they never once dropped hints about kids (even though I knew my mum was desperate to be a gran, and running out of time) - but were delighted when we did finally have them (five years after we got married).

Bless 'em, they had their faults but not on that score. I always thought they were too strict and old-fashioned when I was younger (especially compared to my friends' younger and - I thought - cooler parents), but once I turned about 16 they respected my right to live my own life. I hope I've done as good a job with my own kids.

Yeah I suppose so. Its like when I go out "who are you going out with?" "Couple of axe murderers mum, if I don't call by 6am I'll be ditch in a ditch decapitated."

My mom used to ask where I was going and who with alll the time, even up to about 18 months ago when I was 23/24

Then she read an article in the paper about nagging parents and one of the main complaints from teenagers and young adults was them asking where they were going all the time. She asked if she did that, and I said yes, but I didn't really mind.

Ever since then I don't think she's once asked me directly what i'm doing and who I'm going with (unless the conversation naturally goes that way)

Tbf I meant as in run a family type look after - that'll come with age/experience

She must think I'm going out and getting into trouble. I've never been in a bar brawl, I've never been busted by the poloce, I've never taken drugs, I've never drunk drove, I've never bottled anyone and I've never shat in a policemans helmet. I'm not that bad a drunk.

The Mom of the girl I'm seeing.

We haven't even met each other and she's already made her mind up.

What's the point in that?

Depends what she's decided?

No problem if she thinks you're a good lad, but not so good if she's got you down as a complete word removed.

Basically her Mom disapproves of her having a boyfriend.

Especially if he isn't **** Vietnamese.

Especially if he isn't **** Vietnamese.

But you are aren't you? Or haven't you got that far yet?

What?

She's Vietnamese, and her Mom obviously wants her to be with a Vietnamese lad...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â