Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Anthea effing Turner.

She's always annoyed me and I've always thought she was a fatuous, vacuous individual but I've had the misfortune of having her sat directly behind me at a rugby match tonight and she really is insufferable. Didn't once look at the pitch but sat talking absolute nonsense in the loudest tone possible to her two companions all night. I'm not a man given to anger but I came close to violence tonight. Detestable woman.

You should have turned around and spat in her face

• Like 1

people with zero awareness of or interest in politics.

just go away.

I tried but i failed. Running the country is just far to complicated for the average human so i have no idea how others can understand it. How am i supposed to know how this one/two/five policies is actually going to affect (effect?) the economy? One party will say it will affect it one way, the other party will say no it wont it will damage it. 

I dont know, i would like to understand it all but i feel like a huge majority of people who follow politics, dont really know what theyre talking about aswell and just blindly agree to whatever party they support. + the whole "you just asked me a question, but im just going to do everything possible to avoid answering it properly" is really annoying/disengaging 

Of course some of the social policies i can understand slightly more, but still, then we just live in a utopia-state if i follow what i want to happen with that

Edited by gharperr

You can't please everyone.

So it's a shame most of the parties are trying to please the people who bring the most money in (or at least say they will i.e.pay taxes) and forget the needy.

But that probably doesn't affect 90% of us, so **** them right?

It's an impossible balancing act, so go with what you think in your head is right.

I just think people should engage with it, or at least try. It does impact your life, even if you don't appreciate it. You'd have to be privileged up to the eyeballs to live unaffected by changes in government.

Most people vote on a few issues, or on a general outlook on how society should be run. I doubt many know the ins and outs of running an economy, mostly because what we get told about the economy is usually nonsense.

• Like 2

I just think people should engage with it, or at least try. It does impact your life, even if you don't appreciate it. You'd have to be privileged up to the eyeballs to live unaffected by changes in government.

Most people vote on a few issues, or on a general outlook on how society should be run. I doubt many know the ins and outs of running an economy, mostly because what we get told about the economy is usually nonsense.

I initially didn't respond further (than my high-lariously jocular response) for fear of turning this thread into a temporarily bolitical one (and bolitiks tends to stick to something like flies to a shite so it might have permanently ruined a good thread).

But basically I think anyone who thinks it makes a blind bit of difference picking one of the main parties over one of the other main parties is deluding themselves.  It's the illusion of choice.  I firmly believe that by and large when push comes to shove they're all the f**king same.  Career politicians.  Ultimately they're in it for themselves.  To get back in.

I do not care who is taking my taxes. They will be taken regardless.  I do not care who they're giving them to, because by and large they'll be distributed in a similar fashion no matter who is in.  The constant is that it won't be back to me, so it doesn't matter.

But that's not even my main issue.  My issue is a mathematical one.  My single vote is not going to change the result of the election, so not only do I think it doesn't make a difference who I vote for or who gets in, I literally can not change the result (and save me the "but what if 30,000 people ..." spiel.  I'm not 30,000 people.  I am me), so I won't bother engaging either in the political world or in the event itself, and as a result of all of that I have the conscience that I certainly won't inflict an ignorant vote on the electorate come election time, and I'd suggest others who are equally ignorant of politics do the same.

So in that sense politics has absolutely zero affect on how my life works, unless I was to choose to become a candidate myself (which I can assure you will never happen).  I am not registered to vote.  I have never voted and I can not envisage a scenario where I will ever vote.

So [Mr/Mrs Politician], let me live my life in peace.  Leave me be.  I'll continue to do what I want and they'll sure as hell continue to do what they want.  My vote and therefore my input or my interest changes nothing.  I hate politics.  I am extremely cynical of politicians in general.

And from what I gather from friends etc on the various social networks, the above is equally relevant both in Ireland and Britain.

Also, you'll gather from the overall narrative above that I will not be interested in a subsequent conversation/dissection about what I wrote.  I'm done.  Out.  :)

• Like 1

When people use 'end of' at the end of their sentence.

It always reminds me of an annoying little kid shouting 'no comebacks' after they've 'bagsied' something.

utter utter words removed

Speaking of utter utter words removed - those IS bastards have gone into the beautiful ancient city of Palmyra, beheaded the 81 year old archaeologist who looked after it and refused to leave, and are now systematically destroying the place. Loathsome shits, the lot of them.

Speaking of utter utter words removed - those IS bastards have gone into the beautiful ancient city of Palmyra, beheaded the 81 year old archaeologist who looked after it and refused to leave, and are now systematically destroying the place. Loathsome shits, the lot of them.

Scum doesnt even come close to what they are, appalling.

It is incredible to me that the human race continues to produce groups that incorporate every single one of our least desirable traits. I can understand there being evil people born, but groups on such a large scale that develop like this, it's beyond my comprehension.

I met him when I went there , it's such a shame what these people are doing ...those rocket polishers need to be removed from the face of the earth

Totally agree, though this seems to call for a thread titled 'Things That Piss You Off That Absolutely Should'

Totally agree, though this seems to call for a thread titled 'Things That Piss You Off That Absolutely Should'

I'll just leave this article about 10 historical sites destroyed by ISIS and why they matter here then :(  And that's dated March 2015 so they've no doubt been busy since.

Work colleagues, work events. Anywhere where regulated fun is King.

Work's events day today, so I must take part, I must dress up, I must be dye in my hair, I must adhere to the theme.

No, I am not comfortable with it. Fair enough one would think?

No, they must push you and push you, t hey must make you feel like a complete word removed...because **** what you want to do. Regulated fun is to be had today.

No, **** off.

• Like 1

Work colleagues, work events. Anywhere where regulated fun is King.

Work's events day today, so I must take part, I must dress up, I must be dye in my hair, I must adhere to the theme.

No, I am not comfortable with it. Fair enough one would think?

No, they must push you and push you, t hey must make you feel like a complete word removed...because **** what you want to do. Regulated fun is to be had today.

No, **** off.

tumblr_nbz9000p8T1qh1g19o9_500.gif

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â