Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Stefan - I work in recruitment and as others have said they are comparing your CVs to others who have a better track record of sticking with positions and going with the other person. All they are doing is giving you the reason why so its not exactly their fault, it is a competitive world out there!

I agree you are 23 and you should be enjoying your life and taking in new experiences while you find your path but it seems a bit rich to blame the recruiter who is simply giving you the feedback that these actions maybe effecting your employability.

That said it is just one job so I wouldnt piss your pants about it. Treat it as another layer to that thick skin you are growing and move on to the next one.

I'm not really saying that.

I'm saying that it's harsh to say that somebody who is a year out of uni and has had 2 jobs in that time has 'jumped around'

They used uni in their example to say that I jumped around. That I went from a job before uni (when I was in high school) to uni.

That was my grievance with it.

They probably think those 104 hour weeks you did as a teacher have burnt you out already ....

Stefan - I work in recruitment and as others have said they are comparing your CVs to others who have a better track record of sticking with positions and going with the other person. All they are doing is giving you the reason why so its not exactly their fault, it is a competitive world out there!

I agree you are 23 and you should be enjoying your life and taking in new experiences while you find your path but it seems a bit rich to blame the recruiter who is simply giving you the feedback that these actions maybe effecting your employability.

That said it is just one job so I wouldnt piss your pants about it. Treat it as another layer to that thick skin you are growing and move on to the next one.

I'm saying that it's harsh to say that somebody who is a year out of uni and has had 2 jobs in that time has 'jumped around'

They used uni in their example to say that I jumped around. That I went from a job before uni (when I was in high school) to uni.

They probably think those 104 hour weeks you did as a teacher have burnt you out already ....

Waiting 4 days to shoehorn a teacher joke.

dedication, i'll give you that

• Like 1

Tbf I've just travelled into Yerevan via road and was catching up on the thread , rest assured the response was mere seconds after reading your post :)

Tbf I've just travelled into Yerevan via road and was catching up on the thread , rest assured the response was mere seconds after reading your post :)

Pesticides, Stop spraying it on the food we eat you bastards.

Agreed. The sooner we can get insect resistant GMO foods the better.

No reason why all food we eat can't be organic.

WHAT?!?!

WHAT?!?!

..and occasionally have to wipe or wash a little bug off something we are going to eat or reject a carrot with a worm in it? Are you crazy? Far far better to dick around with genetics in a worldwide punt that science is bang on perfectly right. Far better to bomb the fields with diluted agent orange to stop the little bugs and therefore stop the big bugs and therefore stop the birds and therefore stop natural pollination.

No, no, no, I won't be happy until all food is genetically spliced with fish and controlled by Monsanto.

What's your thoughts on golden rice? 

Prefer a golden shower to be honest 

Pesticides, Stop spraying it on the food we eat you bastards.

Agreed. The sooner we can get insect resistant GMO foods the better.

No reason why all food we eat can't be organic.

WHAT?!?!

WHAT?!?!

..and occasionally have to wipe or wash a little bug off something we are going to eat or reject a carrot with a worm in it? Are you crazy? Far far better to dick around with genetics in a worldwide punt that science is bang on perfectly right. Far better to bomb the fields with diluted agent orange to stop the little bugs and therefore stop the big bugs and therefore stop the birds and therefore stop natural pollination.

No, no, no, I won't be happy until all food is genetically spliced with fish and controlled by Monsanto.

What's your thoughts on golden rice?

Prefer a golden shower to be honest
Off topic

This should be in 'the things that piss on you that shouldn't' thread.

Edited by RimmyJimmer
  • Like 3

I haven't seen the film, so for all I know it might be be part of the gag, but... why isn't it "Sean of the Dead"?

His name is Shaun .

A play on the classic dawn of the dead.

To bring it on topic, no actor alive pisses me off more than Simon Pegg.

I haven't seen the film, so for all I know it might be be part of the gag, but... why isn't it "Sean of the Dead"?

His name is Shaun .

He's an enigma, or an enema or something like that.

His name is Shaun .

He's an enigma, or an enema or something like that.

I get this weird kind of rage if he pops up on my telly, he is like the british Adam Sandler, no discernible talent.

How can you dislike Simon Pegg? He just seems like your everyday funny man who got lucky and made it into films. Spaced and Shaun of the Dead are both ace too.

• Like 2

How can you dislike Simon Pegg? He just seems like your everyday funny man who got lucky and made it into films. Spaced and Shaun of the Dead are both ace too.

I believe simon Pegg to be a talentless word removed. I **** despise the clearing in the woods. He isnt a funny man he is dreadful. I also made the mistake of reading his biography, nerd do well thinking it may change my opinion of him, it made it worse.

I can understand why you wouldn't like Simon Pegg. He does come across as a bit of dick some times, but I could never hate, purely based on how brilliant Spaced is.

I havent seen spaced, mainly for the reasons above, I have seen him in a few things and tend to think how does this guy get work, I think my family find him alright, they may or may not laugh at me for my stupid expletive filled rages when talking about him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â