Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

We have a crossfitter in my office.

Lovely bloke, but so annoying when he talks about crossfit.

A mate of mine runs a crossfit gym. He's the only person I know that does crossfit and doesn't talk about it all the time.

We have a crossfitter in my office.

Lovely bloke, but so annoying when he talks about crossfit.

A mate of mine runs a crossfit gym. He's the only person I know that does crossfit and doesn't talk about it all the time.

He's up there with unicorns and rocking horse shit.

• Like 1

Booked a hotel there on booking.com and it was 130 quid, thankfully I had the yoke where you can cancel up to 24 hours before hand. So I went onto the website of the actual hotel and the same room was €120, whats worse is, the hotel I was looking at is rated 8.7, there was another hotel rated 9.4 which they said was sold out, chanced their website and got the a king room & breakfast for €100.

My cousin is like a Z list celebrity in Ireland.

She recently got engaged, and now EVERY picture she puts on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram has her ring in it.

Like she's just taking a picture of something, and she'll shove her hand in the shot to make sure her ring is in it.

And everyone laps it up.

We get it! You're engaged!

Haha, I just had a look through, and you weren't lying.

I like this one..

CHzEWDQWsAAJ467.jpg

• Like 4

So the lady at work has been regaling us for the past few weeks about her fitness routine again.

Advising everyone what they should be eating, what supplements they should be taking, and what exercise they should be doing. How hardcore her regime is and how her brother is a personal trainer who knows everything there is to know about everything.

Every day I have to be subjected to her putting on a show, hobbling around in the hope that somebody will enquire about what is wrong with her. "oooohhhh nothing, just did crossfit last night, 100 squats."

Then I have to see her loitering around the water machine filling up her protein shake, hoping someone will walk past and enquire into what she is drinking. " Ohhhh this, nothing - just getting my protein in for tonight, I have got crossfit."

In a few weeks, it will be a new shake she is drinking, a new amazing fitness regime she has.a new groan and muscle stretching at the desk to get attention.

A similar level of word removed-ery can be seen in the gym thread.

So the lady at work has been regaling us for the past few weeks about her fitness routine again.

Advising everyone what they should be eating, what supplements they should be taking, and what exercise they should be doing. How hardcore her regime is and how her brother is a personal trainer who knows everything there is to know about everything.

Every day I have to be subjected to her putting on a show, hobbling around in the hope that somebody will enquire about what is wrong with her. "oooohhhh nothing, just did crossfit last night, 100 squats."

Then I have to see her loitering around the water machine filling up her protein shake, hoping someone will walk past and enquire into what she is drinking. " Ohhhh this, nothing - just getting my protein in for tonight, I have got crossfit."

In a few weeks, it will be a new shake she is drinking, a new amazing fitness regime she has.a new groan and muscle stretching at the desk to get attention.

I hate her.

• Like 1

Going back to the taking time off when i'll, I'd have to be extremely ill not to work. A cold or a headache isn't a valid excuse to be off work in my opinion. We have people at my place who are off multiple times a year with various colds/fevers/'flu' but they are the ones who don't progress in the company.

Being off sick is frowned upon in our place if you want to actually have a career there. So, in tune with the title of the thread, people being off sick with minor ailments pisses me off. 

• Like 1

Is she fit though?

England after spending 2 weeks in Canada. Bit of a ghetto in some places ain't it?

The classic post holiday blues! 

Going back to the taking time off when i'll, I'd have to be extremely ill not to work. A cold or a headache isn't a valid excuse to be off work in my opinion. We have people at my place who are off multiple times a year with various colds/fevers/'flu' but they are the ones who don't progress in the company.

Being off sick is frowned upon in our place if you want to actually have a career there. So, in tune with the title of the thread, people being off sick with minor ailments pisses me off.

My company has been pretty hot on sickness recently but I have ankle surgery next week. I'm thinking of asking for time off unpaid or should I just take sick? Not sure how to play it.

My company treats going home ill one day as the same as having two weeks off with something, I.e. both count as single absences. Do it 3 times in a year you get a written warning. That does piss me off, and going in ill is sometimes necessary if you don't want to feel like a criminal. I hate the idea of being punished just for being ill, it just seems wrong to me.

• Like 2

My company treats going home ill one day as the same as having two weeks off with something, I.e. both count as single absences. Do it 3 times in a year you get a written warning. That does piss me off, and going in ill is sometimes necessary if you don't want to feel like a criminal. I hate the idea of being punished just for being ill, it just seems wrong to me.

My work does the same, so if you have one day off and think 'I feel okay, but not 100%'.... The only option is to have another day or 3 off sick.

There's no point having Monday and Friday off if it counts as two occasions of sickness for the year.

We had a chef working in the hotel who managed to be sick every saturday and sunday without fail management got sick of him and sacked him (after various talks about his ailments and offer to be seen by a doctor selected by them)...brought it to a tribunal had a big batch of doctors certs tuned out he had some chronic thing , ended up with a big payout......as a junior at the time he would be telling us he was working somewhere else weekends earning twice the money. Had to admire the word removed 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â