Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

frozen, minions and all the other pixar/disney crap taht isnt cool or isnt even fun

especially if it's blown out of proportion by adults

but what about...

Lion King, Finding Nemo, Up, Toy Story 1, Aladdin.

surely you don't find all the Pixar/Disney animations crap?

Some are great! Toy Story or Lion king are not just great animations; they are godfathers of the whole genre and great films. Minions are not. (in my opinion that is!)

• Like 1

Another thing; my English is not perfect by any stretch, but it kills me when someone says 'I would of done it'.

Its not I would OF its I would HAVE.

On the Same subject, when someone says 'they was' or you (plural) was. What the actual ****. That is not English! YOU WERE. WERE.

GOD. What an annoying thread.

• Like 2

I think (or hope ... ) that it's mostly people writing in the way that they speak i.e. the contraction "would've" makes the "ve" sound like "of" so people think 'yeah that must be it'. Similar to writing 'an' before clear haytch words because they happen to drop the haytch as part of their accent.

• Like 1

I think (or hope ... ) that it's mostly people writing in the way that they speak i.e. the contraction "would've" makes the "ve" sound like "of" so people think 'yeah that must be it'. Similar to writing 'an' before clear haytch words because they happen to drop the haytch as part of their accent.

my english is atrocious. And now you mentioned it, this is def why i say would of. Always wondered why i make that mistake so much

Edited by gharperr

I've never been to IKEA? Is it considered cheap? I just assumed, Swedish = expensive.

They have a range.

Some of it is very expensive. But they also have a budget range of just about everything.

If you're after cheap furniture I'm not sure there's anywhere that can beat it.

• Like 1

Another thing; my English is not perfect by any stretch, but it kills me when someone says 'I would of done it'.

On the Same subject, when someone says 'they was' or you (plural) was. What the actual ****. That is not English! YOU WERE. WERE.

"Its" seems to have lost its apostrophe. It's not "its not", it's "it's not". [emoji3]
  • Like 2

"Its" seems to have lost its apostrophe. It's not "its not", it's "it's not". [emoji3]

I knew somebody would catch me on this :)

• Like 1

"Free reign". It's free REIN. As in horses. Nothing to do with monarchy.

Facebook is the very best place for laughing at bad grammar and pulling people up on it.

Grammar Nazi FTW .

My two seater recliner cost free from my wealthy mate who wanted to upgrade for no other reason than to spend money.

I'm getting ready to be an oap, 40 years early.. The DFS sofa we've just had is a 2 seat electric recliner and a 3 seat manual recliner.

My two seater recliner cost free from my wealthy mate who wanted to upgrade for no other reason than to spend money.

I'm getting ready to be an oap, 40 years early.. The DFS sofa we've just had is a 2 seat electric recliner and a 3 seat manual recliner.
Nothing wrong with recliners!!

I associate them mainly with old people and extreme giant fat people. But my girlfriend had narrowed down HER choices to a recliner, or this horrible, old-fashioned, frilly piece of shit which cost double the price of any other sofa we'd looked at.

I didn't care what we had, as long as it was comfy (and wasn't frilly!)

There are a number of people I work with who repeatedly say 'we/you was' and it annoys the absolute ****ing crap out of me every damn time.

It's interesting to note that these people are also considerably arsey, not very well liked, small-minded and kind of dumb. I know stereotypes aren't very nice and I certainly wouldn't judge someone straight away in that way, but I suppose there is a reason they exist.

I've heard India does the same kind of institutional racism with its pricing too. Hilarious how its seen as a perfectly reasonable solution in this day and age. As for your chalk X taxes. I've heard so many stories like that about people who've been to various parts of Africa where you just have to go with whatever they've decided you pay that day. I would hope it's not as bad as the stories I keep hearing, but from where I'm sat it certainly sounds anecdotally as if it's utterly rotten to the core.

The price of an Indian visa was around £30-40 for as long as I could remember. Then all of sudden there was an increase to £100!! Wtf!

Or when people say Why you being like that for?

I'm all for speaking slang or with poor grammar but only if you realise you are doing it. Otherwise I'm afraid I will have to judge you ;)

There are a number of people I work with who repeatedly say 'we/you was' and it annoys the absolute ****ing crap out of me every damn time.

It's interesting to note that these people are also considerably arsey, not very well liked, small-minded and kind of dumb. I know stereotypes aren't very nice and I certainly wouldn't judge someone straight away in that way, but I suppose there is a reason they exist.

To make the rest of us look good?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â