Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'll let that criticism of Oasis pass chrisp65, as you're going to sort me out with Charlotte Church in the near future.

Aahh I was only dicking around to start a mini war, both bands are perfectly fine and nobody's musical taste is better than anyone else's.

The first Oasis album is a stand out piece of work, excellent. But then, first listen to some of those Roses singles* as they came out, oooh man.

*they'll be up in the attic somewhere, I'm sure they've got postcards of art and whatnot tucked in them, from memory.

Edited by chrisp65

There is a world of difference, Oasis are 10x the band of The Stone Roses.

The Stone Roses are just one of those bands I do not understand. They're bang average and Ian Brown can't sing for shit. They've got a couple of good tracks, but they don't deserve the legendary status they have. I think they are definitely a "you had to be there at the time" type of band.

Couldn't agree more, saw ian brown at a charity thing in Manchester, he was a shambles

Would agree that without the stones you probably don't get oasis and that noël robbed from every man and his dog but oasis were a special band on another level to the stone roses

Squire and Reni were masters of their instrument, Mani was a perfectly fine bass player (it's a tough instrument to excel at) and he complimented Reni well in the rhythm section.  These guys were the reason the Roses songs have stood the test of time and still sound as sweet they did twenty + years ago.

Say what you like about Brown's live vocal; I'd be first to admit it's poor but the man could craft a great pop lyric.

Oasis were good for a boozed up sing-a-long, bare-chested hooligans crushing cans of Carling off each others heads before the big fight down the park.

Oasis on another level?  Basement and penthouse.

• Like 4

Songs with irritatingly long, pointless intros. Breaking Into Heaven by the Stone Roses for example, four minutes of absolute flannel before it gets going. Luckily the greatest hits version cuts it out so I can use that in my playlist. Rifles by BRMC as well takes a minute and a half of 'I'm gonna take my time, I'm gonna take my time' over and over again before it kicks in. Get on with it ffs.

I love that long guitar intro with a passion. Easily the best bit of the best track of the best Roses album. Thanks for the reminder, I'm off to play it.

I'll let that criticism of Oasis pass chrisp65, as you're going to sort me out with Charlotte Church in the near future.

Aahh I was only dicking around to start a mini war, both bands are perfectly fine and nobody's musical taste is better than anyone else's.

The first Oasis album is a stand out piece of work, excellent. But then, first listen to some of those Roses singles* as they came out, oooh man.

*they'll be up in the attic somewhere, I'm sure they've got postcards of art and whatnot tucked in them, from memory.

Yep - John Squire painted all the artwork for the band himself.

Oasis on another level? Basement and penthouse.

77m albums sold worldwide will buy you one hell of a penthouse ;)

Popularity isn't everything. Justin Bieber has probably sold more.

between them, Cliff Richards and the Spice Girls have sold over 300 million

yet with the exception of 'Devil Woman' and '2 become 1', much of their output has been mediocre 

• Like 2

at first I nearly choked on my supermarket knock off version of Alpen

then I watched it

now I'm ready to face Monday with a smile and a '**** yeah!' attitude

'thanks for posting' as they say on youtube...

• Like 1

An unidentified leak in my house while I've been away.

It's leaked into the hall and made the whole of one wall yellow.

But the most annoying thing is I can't tell where it came from. It has stopped now. I've used absolutely everything I can think of that might use water and can't seem to replicate any leaks.

So I don't really know what to do about it!

But the most annoying thing is I can't tell where it came from. It has stopped now. I've used absolutely everything I can think of that might use water and can't seem to replicate any leaks.

Definitely not rain water?

Definitely not rain water?

That's one theory. But I can't really see where it would be coming in. The stain from the leak is only in the hall. Absolutely no sign of a leak upstairs.

So the water would either have to be coming in halfway down the wall or coming in the roof and somehow missing the top floor.

The stain is directly under the bathroom (which also houses the boiler) so logic suggests it's something from there. But like I said I've tried everything in the house that uses water and nothing has reproduced the leak.

If it's yellow.. it's obviously piss, duhhh.

Someone (probably that woman you're forever talking about) has pissed on your wall out of hatred for your ineptitude of flying on GTA5.

Why would your missus piss on my wall?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â