Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

At this moment, myself. Not only did I just put a stamp on the wrong side of an envelope, I just posted the rest of the book of stamps with the bloody card I was sending. :angry:  

That's a cheapskate present even at the current rate for first class! :D

• Like 2

Is having stubble for an interview viewed as that bad?

Unless the job interview was to be a hod carrier or a plumber then yes , should never turn up at an interview unshaven golden rule number 1
  • Like 3

plenty of time to turn hipster once you've proved yourself

it might not be fair or sensible, but you wouldn't even get the full interview at mine if you turned up with stubble

stupid, but there it is

• Like 1

The only job 'Interview' ive ever had was when I was an apprentice, I was asked to go to some offices in kingswinford for a building firm, walked in and was asked

"can you drive?"

Me "not yet"

"right, you'll be picked up from Stourbridge bus station at 7 tomorrow morning, it will be a blue van, your on £50 a week. Don't be late".

• Like 1

I've got a boatload of uni work that should've been finished last Friday and instead of doing it I'm drinking Budvar and sorting out / playing my vinyls. It shouldn't piss me off cuz it's wicked but I shouldn't be procrastinating this much

That this guy is pretty much spot on about my country.

He really isn't though, is he? What a knob. Thanks for sharing xenophobic propaganda, though!

Okay, so no stubble. Is there a particular colour of suit I should wear? Colour of tie? The advice for the day says a 'power tie'. So a dark, solid colour?

Okay, so no stubble. Is there a particular colour of suit I should wear? Colour of tie? The advice for the day says a 'power tie'. So a dark, solid colour?

It genuinely said Power Tie? Remember an interview is as much you getting to know them as it is the other. I'd leave anything that suggested a Power Tie well alone although I have no idea what the job is in fairness.
  • Like 2

Remember an interview is as much you getting to know them as it is the other.

It's a job interview, not a date. He's not being head hunted as far as I'm aware.

The interview is to show whether Stefan is the right person for the job or not. It's good for the inteviewee to show interest in the person who is interviewing them as well as the company/role itself, obviously, but forget all this "flipping it around" nonsense.

Keep it simple and show willingness to learn and grow Stefan. At the level you are looking to jump in at this will make you stand out more than any gimic.

• Like 1

It genuinely said Power Tie? Remember an interview is as much you getting to know them as it is the other. I'd leave anything that suggested a Power Tie well alone although I have no idea what the job is in fairness.

It's an assessment day for graduate sales positions.

It's a job interview, not a date. He's not being head hunted as far as I'm aware.

The interview is to show whether Stefan is the right person for the job or not. It's good for the inteviewee to show interest in the person who is interviewing them as well as the company/role itself, obviously, but forget all this "flipping it around" nonsense.

Keep it simple and show willingness to learn and grow Stefan. At the level you are looking to jump in at this will make you stand out more than any gimic.

Yeah I agree there. And maybe the job wasn't right for me and I learnt an important lesson. I look like a 12 year old fully shaved though.

Live and learn!

No don't, if you go to an interview and you're interviewed by a complete bell end in a tin shack but you're wearing a power tie, you're going to end up being the boy that wears power ties, hates his boss and is located in a shed somewhere. Your first impressions matter as much as theirs, it's not about flipping it around. Imagine if you went for an interview and some sket in joggers rolled out to ask the questions, how would that reflect.

I'm not saying don't do Power Tie but in my experience those people are not the people I would want to work for. Your call broslice. Either way, make sure you smash it.

Them: Stag do on July 25th

Me: I'm on a night shift, can do night before or weekend before and after?

Them: Its this date so swap a shift then

Me: I can try but its a bit short notice and people don't like swapping nights but I'll try

Them: ffs pull a sickie then or summat.

I **** hate crap like that. I might just not go now to piss them off.

• Like 1

It all depends how many people are involved in the stag do and how many things (accommodation, travel, events (e.g. paintball etc)) need to be re-organised if the dates change.  I know from personal experience that it's a PITA to try and nail down a date where everyone is available at the same time for something.  So if you're the only one who can't do July 25th then it might be tough titty.  But from your POV, if it was me and I couldn't go then I'd try but then I just wouldn't go.  I wouldn't be pulling any sickies but that's just me.

It's my brother which is what is so annoying. I'm organising my own for august too so know how hard it is but I understand that not everyone can make it.

Working shifts is difficult, especially in the nhs when it comes to getting days off as I have to book annual leave well in advance.

I've said I'll try and swap it so that should be enough.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â