Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Can you not seperate the two then? Be appalled by the human atrocity in Kenya yet still be pissed at not being able to go to the shops? I don't think the two are linked?

It being Easter has nothing to do with the Kenyan massacre imo.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

Perhaps we could be grateful that a couple of times a year life can be kicked back a little bit and not be quite so 24/7 for quite so many people.

Whether you want to be religious or not is your personal option. For my part, I'm happy to have a couple of days a year when I can't buy shit from Argos or KFC. It's like family can be chilled and not just rat running and consuming.

If a quiet day off was announced to celebrate the spaghetti monster, do you know what, I'd embrace it and take the slower paced day. Even if it meant I couldn't go to Wilkinsons to buy paint until tomorrow.

• Like 4

Anyone talking with food in their mouths. Drives me bonkers. I am trying to be more tolerant but I have an almost physical reaction of suppressed irritation when I see this. Worse, it's become a cliche of self-important TV dramas in the States, of which this is not ...

When I'm near a noisy eater I find it helps to visualise a predator style killing of them, complete with dangling spinal column. Edited by Ingram85

Can you not seperate the two then? Be appalled by the human atrocity in Kenya yet still be pissed at not being able to go to the shops? I don't think the two are linked?

It being Easter has nothing to do with the Kenyan massacre imo.

I agree to disagree. This is a cul-de-sac sort of subject. Not up for a big debate on this. I said what I had to say and most others will likely disagree. I'm OK with that. I accept that people say appalling things -- and I hope they do the same for me. It's the internet.

Sorry I thought this was the "Things that piss you off that SHOULDN'T" thread. I seemed to have posted in the self righteous, get on your high horse and be all philosophical about stuff thread.

Fair enough. I'm sorry. I had forgotten that. Yes, I can be self-righteous sometimes. Although I consider it just flat-out righteous, which is, I suppose, the definition. I would go back and edit the comments but I imagine the entertainment value would be reduced for others, so I won't.

Edited by Plastic Man

Are you saying you don't believe in the zombie? He had a bad weekend for our sins. Sounds like you'e having the same.

Appalling comments for Easter, especially with the murders in Kenya. Really surprised at your tone-deafness. 

Before I go looking for what has happened in Kenya, I hope it is about zombies and / or supermarkets being forced to close because of bronze age myths, otherwise this would appear to be "posting for effect".

I do not suffer from amusia. However as with any disability, I don't think it's acceptable for you to categorise people based on things over which they have no control. Especially when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Edited: It's really sad what's happened in Kenya but I don't see how it's related. Perhaps starting up the LHC caused the supermarkets to be closed and Kenya wasn't related to the original posts.

Someone writes a fairy tale hundreds of years ago about a bloke coming back from the dead and now, in 2015, the knock on effect is I can't get any **** groceries because all the supermarkets on my high street are closed.

On the flip side, 4 day weekend for many people ...

Not in Canada. They don't believe in days off over here.  Dunno what I was thinking tbh!

Perhaps if the people in Kenya had been encouraged to think, instead of being used as cannon fodder by the empire builders of two equally absurd mythologies, this wouldn't have happened. I hate violent conflict, but at least I can see the point of it if it's about human rights, or access to resources. But when it's in the name of some ancient superstition it's pathetic beyond comprehension. Religions stink. At different times some stink more than others, but they all stink.

I suspect the ones with zombies stink more than ones without though. That's basic biology. :)

• Like 1

Are you saying you don't believe in the zombie? He had a bad weekend for our sins. Sounds like you'e having the same.

Appalling comments for Easter, especially with the murders in Kenya. Really surprised at your tone-deafness. 

Before I go looking for what has happened in Kenya, I hope it is about zombies and / or supermarkets being forced to close because of bronze age myths, otherwise this would appear to be "posting for effect".

I do not suffer from amusia. However as with any disability, I don't think it's acceptable for you to categorise people based on things over which they have no control. Especially when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Edited: It's really sad what's happened in Kenya but I don't see how it's related. Perhaps starting up the LHC caused the supermarkets to be closed and Kenya wasn't related to the original posts.

Are you being serious here? I can't tell. It seems as if you were suggesting that Christ is a "zombie" in your previous post.

Edited by Plastic Man

Perhaps if the people in Kenya had been encouraged to think, instead of being used as cannon fodder by the empire builders of two equally absurd mythologies, this wouldn't have happened. I hate violent conflict, but at least I can see the point of it if it's about human rights, or access to resources. But when it's in the name of some ancient superstition it's pathetic beyond comprehension. Religions stink. At different times some stink more than others, but they all stink.

What? You don't think Kenyans think? 

I don't think that's the point he's trying to get across :lol:

Perhaps we could be grateful that a couple of times a year life can be kicked back a little bit and not be quite so 24/7 for quite so many people.

Whether you want to be religious or not is your personal option. For my part, I'm happy to have a couple of days a year when I can't buy shit from Argos or KFC. It's like family can be chilled and not just rat running and consuming.

If a quiet day off was announced to celebrate the spaghetti monster, do you know what, I'd embrace it and take the slower paced day. Even if it meant I couldn't go to Wilkinsons to buy paint until tomorrow.

All hail the spaghetti monster! 

p.s pretty sure KFC is open today if you are desperate for a bargain bucket  ;)

All hail the spaghetti monster! 

p.s pretty sure KFC is open today if you are desperate for a bargain bucket  ;)

I'm so posh, I've never eaten a KFC. I've never sat in my car and ordered a disposable bucket of fried food via an intercom. That's how posh I am.

I don't think that's the point he's trying to get across :lol:

You're probably right.

Are you being serious here? I can't tell. It seems as if you were suggesting that Christ is a "zombie" in your previous post.

You're the one judging other people by things they haven't said. You've also revealed an intolerance towards a disability.

According to the fable, Jesus was alive, then dead and then alive again. Zombie is the usual word for such a being in contemporary fiction. The bible contains a lot of this tripe; you should read it sometime. The red dragon with seven heads and ten horns is epic, especially when it sweeps a third of the stars in the sky down to Earth.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â