Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When you finish your lunch, but you're not even close to being full  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I know the feeling, unfortunately when you eat at your desk you have to be sensible otherwise you look like a greedy bastard!

Bad mistake. It's a fair old wait between luncheon and afternoon tea, which is why you should make the former last a good while.

Tuesdays are the worst.

I usually have lunch around Midday.

But I'm not home to eat dinner until gone 9pm.

That's way too long without food!

I thought that one of the disciplines for body-builders is to have 6-8 meals a day?

It is, but it's largely mythical.

What you eat matters. When you eat it doesn't matter much.

Bad mistake. It's a fair old wait between luncheon and afternoon tea, which is why you should make the former last a good while.

Tuesdays are the worst.

I thought that one of the disciplines for body-builders is to have 6-8 meals a day?

What about ketosis?

When you finish your lunch, but you're not even close to being full  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I know the feeling, unfortunately when you eat at your desk you have to be sensible otherwise you look like a greedy bastard!

Coupled with the constant stream of crap that is brought in sitting there taunting you.

WIthin my directly eyeline I can see

2x tins of roses

1x box celebrations

1 x tin of McVities biscuit selection box thingys

2x bags of Haribo Starmix

and a massive tub of flapjacks someones made at home.

Bastards

Tuesdays are the worst.

What about ketosis?

What about it?

If you mean what about the effect on metabolism from a lack of insulin due to going too long without food, then again that's mostly mythical. It takes 48 hours for any significant effect on the body to occur. As long as you eat every day it doesn't matter. It might have an effect at the elite level or if your'e diabetic. But for 99% of people out there it's largely irrelevant.

If you mean Keto diets, then I don't have much experience so can't really comment. I gather it's pretty similar to the atkins diet. Low carb and sugar diets to promote energy from burning fat.

What i will say is that I always think that again, for 99% of people, the best diet is calories in vs calories out

Edited by Stevo985

Tuesdays are the worst.

What about ketosis?

What about it?

If you mean what about the effect on metabolism from a lack of insulin due to going too long without food, then again that's mostly mythical. It takes 48 hours for any significant effect on the body to occur. As long as you eat every day it doesn't matter. It might have an effect at the elite level or if your'e diabetic. But for 99% of people out there it's largely irrelevant.

If you mean Keto diets, then I don't have much experience so can't really comment.

That's interesting!

Tuesdays are the worst.

Now you know how jezza 'the word removed' Clarkson feels

I don't usually go for lynx showergel, I usually just buy whatever's cheapest, but it's £1 in asda at the moment.

I was curious by this fragrance..

1442-351112-Cool_Metl_PS_SKIN_SG_430x510

It actually smells like metal. I smell like metal today. Why would make this!?

I can't complain really, it does say metal. But come on, metal?

• Like 1

No. Citrus flavoured toothpaste is the best. Crest used to do one in the US called Lemon Ice and it was amazing. They still do a cinnamon and a citrus blast flavour. I get the latter shipped over regularly as I hate mint.

Tuesdays are the worst.

What about ketosis?

What about it?

If you mean Keto diets, then I don't have much experience so can't really comment. I gather it's pretty similar to the atkins diet. Low carb and sugar diets to promote energy from burning fat.

What i will say is that I always think that again, for 99% of people, the best diet is calories in vs calories out

Im a big promoter of Ketosis diets. 

I use them/it quite a bit. Currently cutting weight fro boxing and down 16kg in 2015. I have been training alot aswell.

Its a different type of discipline and i am terrible at moderating my calorie intake. By going on a Ketosis diet i can eat what i like within my restrictions. I oftern have 2 bacon cheeseburgers with chorizo (no bun) and a Cesar side salad, which is fine for my diet.

Obviously everyone different but i could never calorie count. 

• Like 1

What I don't get - and tbh I have limited interest in, is how these high fat or high protein diets don't massively **** you up long term. Has there been any studies on the subject. Whilst I'm sure people that follow them lose weight/ tone up etc what about cholesterol and other fat related cardiological issues?  

What I don't get - and tbh I have limited interest in, is how these high fat or high protein diets don't massively **** you up long term. Has there been any studies on the subject. Whilst I'm sure people that follow them lose weight/ tone up etc what about cholesterol and other fat related cardiological issues?  

Ha, i couldnt tell you, ignorance is bliss.

It probably isnt much worse than my usual diet, but thats not saying much

You can always follow fitness legend Jack LaLanne's famous recommendation: If it tastes good, spit it out!

He was working out right up to his death at 96.

There was a programme on last night about diets. Didn't watch it all as that clearing in the woods Giles Coren featured in it. A doctor (when asked about paleo or something similar) said you could have low fat and look healthy while being 'fat on the inside' and unhealthy with high cholesterol.

There's a bloke at work on a high fat no/low carb diet.

He says that fat that you eat can't metabolise into fat(on your body), and so he loses weight. He's done it a few times and I've seen it work.

On the flip side as soon as he goes off his diet he puts the weight on just as fast, and we are talking stones in months here.

Moral of the story, just eat a balanced diet.

Edited by jjaacckk91

There's a bloke at work on a high fat no/low carb diet.

He says that fat that you eat can't metabolise into fat(on your body), and so he loses weight. He's done it a few times and I've seen it work.

On the flip side as soon as he goes off his diet he puts the weight on just as fast, and we are talking stones in months here.

Moral of the story, just eat a balanced diet.

That's the problem. You usually pile the weight back on when you come off them.

But most fad diets just trick you into calorie counting anyway. Fast for 2 days and eat for 5. Don't eat carbs etc.

Basically, by doing those things, you end up eating less calories.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â