Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Genuinely didn't know all that about Ed Sheeran, best of luck to him.

I almost don't dare ask this....is he a product of a TV talent show?

There's another world I know nothing of. I don't watch much telly, but I have never ever seen a single episode of X factor or the one with Ant and Dec. I don't even know the format of these programmes other than in the early rounds they just laugh at nutters. I have been in the room whilst The Voice has been on and watched bits over the top of my laptop.

Anyway, if ever he plays the bar stage on a week night in Clwb Ifor Bach I'll try and give him a listen. Is there a route any more from club circuit to world domination? Or do you just have to get lucky on a tv programme?

Nope, worked his way up. I read something about him buying a ticket to the states and just busking and doing open mic nights and stuff until he got "spotted"

Edit: in fact, it might have been Jamie Foxx who spotted him (not that anyone on VT will have heard of him either)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

ha ha!

I have never heard of Jamie Foxx.

I guess it just shows there are lots of people in the world and we all presume our own little universe we have created is the main one. American sports, that's another blind spot for me (this is where you tell me Jamie Foxx has owned all basket ball since 1987). I guess it's only right that 'the kids' have a world I know nothing about. Oh, and computer games and films based on comic books.

The alternatives would be awful, either da kids blindly following the previous generation, or me in my dotage with Nikes on my feet and wrapper music on my walkman.

Stevo985: Ed Sheeran's #1 Fan.

I'm not really a fan at all to be honest. Some of his songs are pretty good. I've never bought one.

I certainly wouldn't go to Wembley to see him but can appreciate why people would. He's obviously talented.

Although his best song will always be the Nandos Skank  B)

• Like 1

Jamie Foxx is an actor mainly, but sings as well.

He played Ray Charles in "Ray", he was in Collateral, Horrible Bosses, Any Given Sunday.

He was Django in "Django Unchained"

I've seen one of those five! Django.

Perhaps I need to broaden my interests, I've got sort of stuck in what I know, VW Beetles, fairly obscure reggae and masturbation.

Best day of my life, I was sat in the back of a 1303 listening to the Heptones. 

• Like 1

I've heard of him but (as far as i'm aware) not heard a single note of his music. 

Actually, having just flicked through a few of his tunes on YouTube I did recognise the A Team one.

Not my cuppa tea, just a bit bland and inoffensive.

but VT has this weird phenomenon where knowing who these incredibly famous people are puts you in the minority!

Spot on, and I think most of it is bollocks posted for effect.  Unless people genuinely haven't turned on the TV, read a newspaper, been in a taxi/shop with the radio on, spoken to any kids etc, then how genuinely can you not have heard of him?  Obviously the Moon Man lives in his 60s cave with his Dansette, so that's OK, but everybody else....c'mon.

• Like 1

Ed Sheeran is a talented musician but has the personality of a tree. So bland and boring, it seems most artists these days are. Just look at bands like Royal Blood, possibly the biggest band to come out of 2014, and whilst they're good musicians, they just have no character or personality at all, and it shows through their music.

The music industry (specially the rock/indie/alternative) needs an artist to come in and shake it up a bit. Seems there's not a lot of demand for it. :(

Edited by PieFacE

but VT has this weird phenomenon where knowing who these incredibly famous people are puts you in the minority!

Spot on, and I think most of it is bollocks posted for effect.  Unless people genuinely haven't turned on the TV, read a newspaper, been in a taxi/shop with the radio on, spoken to any kids etc, then how genuinely can you not have heard of him?  Obviously the Moon Man lives in his 60s cave with his Dansette, so that's OK, but everybody else....c'mon.

To be fair, it's pretty easy to avoid. You may hear or even see them on TV, radio, in the paper etc, but if they hold not interest to you, why would you bother to find out who they are?

I usually find I put names and faces to songs I've heard (and not liked), when BBC3 does it's festival coverage in the Summer.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Don't know much about him, but he seems like a lovely man.

Ed Sheeran granted a teenage fan her dying wish and sang her to sleep shortly before she passed away.

Triona Priestley, who suffered from Cystic Fibrosis, died on Tuesday just minutes after Ed performed his track Little Bird over the phone in what her brother described as a ‘beautiful last moment’.

Ed got in touch with 15-year-old Tri after his fans launched a Twitter campaign using the hashtag #SongForTri.

And Tri’s brother Colm is incredibly grateful. He said: ‘Myself and my family would like to thank Ed Sheeran and everyone who started and supported the #SongForTri campaign.

‘What they gave us and her was a beautiful last moment together. Triona slipped into a sleep as Ed was singing to her and passed away shortly afterwards. So Ed Sheeran sang her to sleep.

EDIT: Erm...Pieface didn't say that...Don't know what I did there..

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

aha!

I haven't read a newspaper since around 1996.

I rarely watch TV, and certainly not any music channel.

Any taxi I've been in recently has been playing bhangra.

Asda doesn't play music (thankfully).

I only listen to rock stations via DAB and internet.

I've obviously heard of the ginger warbler but not heard more than 20 seconds of anything by him. Bland and boring.

This isnt entirely true though, some of us dont listen to daytime commercial radio, so a big artist on that wouldnt feature on peoples radars, similarly if you dont watch television that is likely to feature these famous people, then that will pass you buy. Same with press. What is big in one persons world doesnt feature in anothers. Take the music I listen to, the music television, the magazines I buy and outside of VT, the forums I frequent, its country music, I take it for granted that people I talk to know who I mean when I say Toby, Garth, Blake, etc, I do not need to elaborate, here if I were to talk about them I would go into a lot more detail. Its just the scope of peoples world, not being cool. 

• Like 1

aha!

I haven't read a newspaper since around 1996.

I rarely watch TV, and certainly not any music channel.

Any taxi I've been in recently has been playing bhangra.

Asda doesn't play music (thankfully).

I only listen to rock stations via DAB and internet.

I've obviously heard of the ginger warbler but not heard more than 20 seconds of anything by him. Bland and boring.

This. It's incredibly easy to avoid! 

Yes, but you have heard OF him, even if you haven't listened to his songs.  I think it just surprises me that people live in such sheltered cocoons I guess. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â